Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:2016 at home against Tennessee

I will repeat my question, did Blake Bortles "do it" 2016 at Titans?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I will repeat my question, did Blake Bortles "do it" 2016 at Titans?

That question is just an attempt to debunk my statement without giving it any serious thought. Let me know when you actually think about and willingly understand my POV before posting stuff like that.

Quote:That question is just an attempt to debunk my statement without giving it any serious thought. Let me know when you actually think about and willingly understand my POV before posting stuff like that.

All I heard was this.... My points better na na na.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:That question is just an attempt to debunk my statement without giving it any serious thought. Let me know when you actually think about and willingly understand my POV before posting stuff like that.

Believe me, I gave it plenty of serious thought, including even in 2015 as it was occurring and folks were blindly annointing him. 2015 was a boatload of 2016 @ Titans. He can't throw well consistently, period. And that's a BIG problem, and frankly I don't care about understanding a POV that can't see that.

Quote:Believe me, I gave it plenty of serious thought, including even in 2015 as it was occurring and folks were blindly anointing him. 2015 was a boatload of 2016 @ Titans. He can't throw well consistently, period. And that's a BIG problem, and frankly I don't care about understanding a POV that can't see that.

A player who can't throw well consistently does not finish with statistics similar to those of the NFL MVP, which Blake Bortles did. Yes, his mechanics still needed some work, but he threw well enough to show why we drafted him. He has the it factor. Last year at Tennessee was the opposite of what we did in 2015 with the same QB.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 09:23 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:A player who can't throw well consistently does not finish with statistics similar to those of the NFL MVP, which Blake Bortles did. Yes, his mechanics still needed some work, but he threw well enough to show why we drafted him. He has the it factor. Last year at Tennessee was the opposite of what we did in 2015 with the same QB.
I said, "what is it"?

Is he better then any of the following when started out?

(Meaning as starters not on the bench) (in the second third year)

Brunell?

Brady?

Manning?

Romo?

Rodgers?

Farve?

Cunningham?

Young?

Wilson?

Aikman?

Big Benn?

Kelly?

Marino?

Mcnabb?

Vick?

Eli?

Brees?

Rivers?

Newton?

Just to name some elite or borderline ones.

I don't see the "it"

So what is it?

#Gojags

Quote:Believe me, I gave it plenty of serious thought, including even in 2015 as it was occurring and folks were blindly annointing him. 2015 was a boatload of 2016 @ Titans. He can't throw well consistently, period. And that's a BIG problem, and frankly I don't care about understanding a POV that can't see that.
Yeah thats a good way of putting it wow.

2015 was basically 2016@TEN. Still bad but good enough to get stats.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/tdg2296/status/828265939036696576'>https://twitter.com/tdg2296/status/828265939036696576</a>

I think he's ready to shock the world.

I don't think it's the world he's wanting to shock...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I don't think it's the world he's wanting to shock...

Who would it be then?

Quote:2015, dude

......A crack in the armor...
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Who would it be then?

Wooooooooosh!

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 03:50 PM by Kane.)

Quote:the receivers still didn't help him 
that was my whole thing. When he did put it on target, they'd drop it. (obviously not always but more than the season prior)

Plenty of blame to go around...

also... refs hosing Arob most of the season ALSO didn't help

Quote:that was my whole thing. When he did put it on target, they'd drop it. (obviously not always but more than the season prior)

Plenty of blame to go around...

also... refs hosing Arob most of the season ALSO didn't help

And the offensive line not run blocking, which forced Blake to throw too much.

Quote:You're right. The actual tired or dead arm term was only used after his rookie season. And since then that shoulder has been injured every year, along with the other shoulder this past season (iirc).

It would seem that this message board has directly linked his shoulder injuries to his rookie year "tired arm" and assume it's all the same issue.

Although I would think playing through AC sprains can't be good for longevity.

This is more a reference to me than the entire board, but yeah I do think the same "tired arm" from his rookie season played a role. For starters, there's no reason to think his condition from his rookie season ever went away as he never did get any medical treatment for it... or at least none that we know of. Late in 2015, Bortles was flat out slinging TD strikes deep downfield, but last year he wasn't near going there again. We all now something happened, and it's been my suspicion that it's the same tired arm combined with new injuries that hampered him this year.

Go back through the season and remember what we saw. As early as week one in the Packers game we were saying this isn't quite the same Blake, and by week three we knew it. He wasn't hurt at that point, but I almost have to wonder if his arm was already getting tired from throwing in the offseason. As the games went on things only got worse, but without a running game to turn to under Oley, the Jaguars soon led the league in passing attempts. In the Bears game Blake was making some nice throws, but near the very end there was a play where he got hit, and I wonder if that was when he first injured the arm. Now he claims it was in the Titans game a couple weeks later, but the following week against the Raiders his arm looked bad. He was carrying it down low, and it just looked like it had been separated as his throws were erratic with nothing on them. Even the announcers said he must have injured the arm, but it wasn't until the next week vs the Titans that Blake actually admits to being injured. The Titans game took it's toll as I felt they should rest him for a couple weeks, but they kept on playing him as the losses mounted. Blake finally started playing some good football in December, but it was too little, too late.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 04:04 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:This is more a reference to me than the entire board, but yeah I do think the same "tired arm" from his rookie season played a role. For starters, there's no reason to think his condition from his rookie season ever went away as he never did get any medical treatment for it... or at least none that we know of. Late in 2015, Bortles was flat out slinging TD strikes deep downfield, but last year he wasn't near going there again. We all now something happened, and it's been my suspicion that it's the same tired arm combined with new injuries that hampered him this year.

Go back through the season and remember what we saw. As early as week one in the Packers game we were saying this isn't quite the same Blake, and by week three we knew it. He wasn't hurt at that point, but I almost have to wonder if his arm was already getting tired from throwing in the offseason. As the games went on things only got worse, but without a running game to turn to under Oley, the Jaguars soon led the league in passing attempts. In the Bears game Blake was making some nice throws, but near the very end there was a play where he got hit, and I wonder if that was when he first injured the arm. Now he claims it was in the Titans game a couple weeks later, but the following week against the Raiders his arm looked bad. He was carrying it down low, and it just looked like it had been separated as his throws were erratic with nothing on them. Even the announcers said he must have injured the arm, but it wasn't until the next week vs the Titans that Blake actually admits to being injured. The Titans game took it's toll as I felt they should rest him for a couple weeks, but they kept on playing him as the losses mounted. Blake finally started playing some good football in December, but it was too little, too late.

The thing that worries me. Will that tired arm be fixed?

If it can be? How long till comes back? Is that something we can gamble on long term?

#Gojags

Quote:I said, "what is it"?

Is he better then any of the following when started out?

(Meaning as starters not on the bench) (in the second third year)

Brunell?

Brady?

Manning?

Romo?

Rodgers?

Farve?

Cunningham?

Young?

Wilson?

Aikman?

Big Benn?

Kelly?

Marino?

Mcnabb?

Vick?

Eli?

Brees?

Rivers?

Newton?

Just to name some elite or borderline ones.

I don't see the "it"

So what is it?

I see AIkman, a qb with multiple rings, is on your list. Go ahead and compare how the two started out.

'02