Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:Um, yeah... about that...

It kinda is.

As in, is entirely better than yourses.

Soo because he was a former qb,everything he says means more then the average fan or anaylst?? Hmmm..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017, 12:14 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:And there you have it, ladies and gents. When you read a post by Yo Boy, you're reading a post by someone who honestly believes that he knows as much as - or more than - Terry Bradshaw about what it takes to play quarterback.

The fact that you demonstrably rank sources based on whether they agree with your negative view of the team has nothing to do with your dismissal of a valid and interesting source in this thread solely because it disagrees with your negative view of the team? Don't think I can agree with you there.

The difference is Bradshaw was giving an OPINION of Bortles .. And In the thread of Marrone, their was statistical evidence to support a claim about Marrone, with countless other stories about him..

I dont rank sources either, i just dont agree with Bradshaw.. Just like i dont agree with him saying Tomlin is not a good coach... Sorry to disagree..

Why would anybody care what Terry Bradshaw thinks about anything?

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Soo because he was a former qb,everything he says means more then the average fan or anaylst?? Hmmm..

No, it's because he went through what Blake did.

If you read my post for comprehension that covered that, you would understand.

So, are you dull or did you simply ignore it?

Click here if you need a refresher  -->  https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to.../?p=956558

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017, 01:13 PM by temporaryname.)

You do know that you're arguing with someone with an IQ equivalent of that of a stump, right?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:This is a high IQ vs. low IQ war. I wrote complete sentences, pointed out errors in TTR's statements, and have very logical, fact-based opinions. TTR is trying to make himself look stupid. I am ignoring him from now on. It is not worth anyone's time to reply to this guy.
Don't be a quitter.

Quote:You will never get those not-so-simple trivia answers before telling me what a QBR is and how it is calculated.

In case you missed it from my earlier post "Just an aside, but the QBR rating is proprietary, meaning that the formula to calculate it is unknown." This means that No One (unless you work for ESPN) can tell you how the QBR number is calculated.

Quote:In case you missed it from my earlier post "Just an aside, but the QBR rating is proprietary, meaning that the formula to calculate it is unknown." This means that no one (unless you work for ESPN) can tell you how the QBR number is calculated.

We know it is not a percentage number.

Quote:good you passed.  But I am not saying he stinks.  Just he has not progressed.  

So I blew your argument about Blake's garbage time numbers out of the water and your response is "you passed?"  

Really?  What did I pass?  Were you testing me by throwing out an uninformed caveat on Blake's 2015 productivity?  

And yes, he DID actually progress.  And then he regressed really badly the following year.   But he did in fact show progress from year one to year two. 

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017, 04:05 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Don't be a quitter.

I have to quit arguing with people who act like idiots to avoid getting punted for 6 months, unfortunately. Easier said than done, of course.

It's definitely the offseason when this thread stays at the top and elapses 10 pages.

Quote:I am ignoring him from now on. It is not worth anyone's time to reply to this guy.

I don't believe you.   The last time you stated you were going to ignore me, you turned around and responded to 3 of my posts with the next hour.  

Quote:I don't believe you. The last time you stated you were going to ignore me, you turned around and responded to 3 of my posts with the next hour.  

LOL Just wait and see how many TTR posts I don't reply to.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2017, 06:55 PM by D6.)

Quote:What makes this even more relevant is that Terry was granted the same patience.

A historical perspective, since few here were around then (and many of us too young to remember, who were)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rememb...ng-qb-job/

It's just a lot easier to argue for you when the team is 19-4 over the last two seasons despite having pedestrian production.  Bortles has an uphill battle, and that's part of what Terry is saying. Having the help he did, helped Terry while he grew into the position.  Blake certainly doesn't have the talent around him Terry had, which is why Terry is pointing this out.

As someone who is old enough to remember what transpired with Terry Bradshaw in the earlier years of his NFL career,  what you mentioned helps illustrate how much the NFL has changed since the 1970s when it comes to patience with QBs.   Back then,  it was assumed that the developmental process for a QB would be lengthy.  These days,  if you aren't contributing at a winning level by your 2nd season,  many are ready to write off the QB.  Very few QBs today have the luxury of being able to learn from the bench like Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.   It's unfortunate for Blake Bortles and the Jaguars that he was thrown into game action by necessity earlier than he was truly ready.  

Quote:As someone who is old enough to remember what transpired with Terry Bradshaw in the earlier years of his NFL career, what you mentioned helps illustrate how much the NFL has changed since the 1970s when it comes to patience with QBs. Back then,  it was assumed that the developmental process for a QB would be lengthy. These days, if you aren't contributing at a winning level by your 2nd season, many are ready to write off the QB. Very few QBs today have the luxury of being able to learn from the bench like Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. It's unfortunate for Blake Bortles and the Jaguars that he was thrown into game action by necessity earlier than he was truly ready.  

The plan was to make Blake Bortles a bench warmer his rookie year to work on mechanics, footwork, and decision making. That idea blew up in Week 3, when hundreds of fans were already gone by halftime as the Colts scored over 30 points and shut us out. Blake Bortles gave us the spark Gus Bradley was looking for and clearly showed he has the "it" factor. Luckily for Bortles, it did not prevent him from having a very good second season (4,428 yards and 35 TDs is not an accident), but many other QBs continue to struggle when they are thrown into the fire like that.

How old were you when you started watching football?

Quote:Soo because he was a former qb,everything he says means more then the average fan or anaylst?? Hmmm..

Yeah, I know, right? And why do we listen to what NASA scientists tell us about space, too? I can see the moon as well as the next man, so why does everything they say mean more than what I do? And don't get me started on heart surgeons. I tell you, next time you need a double bypass, just come to me for it. I don't have a fancy medical degree or an operating theatre, but I think I know where most of the bits are.

Quote:His numbers against the patriots was pathetic. And they were the only team who never let up.

So if all the teams did the exact same. Then what?

Should we add that Blake not once has a QB rating 80 percent. Not one game.

Pathetic?

They actually weren't that bad if you count what he did in garbage time of that game. Here's his game totals against the Patriots in 2015...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">17 of 33 (51.5%) for 242 yards (7.3 YPA) with 2 TDs and 1 INT for an 83.1 qb rating

'02

Quote:Pathetic?

They actually weren't that bad if you count what he did in garbage time of that game.

Yeah, but should we actually count that? It's one of the few games where there actually was garbage time, after all... though if you want to look at the benefits of high stats when the game looks out of reach, there was this game played in Houston not so long ago...

Quote:Yeah, I know, right? And why do we listen to what NASA scientists tell us about space, too? I can see the moon as well as the next man, so why does everything they say mean more than what I do? And don't get me started on heart surgeons. I tell you, next time you need a double bypass, just come to me for it. I don't have a fancy medical degree or an operating theatre, but I think I know where most of the bits are.
This is a terrible attempt at an argument. Former players are wrong and uninformed pretty regularly.

Quote:Yeah, I know, right? And why do we listen to what NASA scientists tell us about space, too?
But what if these "NASA scientists" is more like back when the top scientists thought the earth was flat? Cause that's kinda how this Bradshaw take would compare.

Bradshaw comes from an era where 50% completions and a 1:1 TD:INT could be the starting QB for a SB dynasty team and be considered a top 10 QB of all time. He looks at Blake and sees a throwback to his era where being an inefficient gunslinger, and a tough one at that, was the ideal prototype. That's obviously not the case now 40 years later.