Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:Something doesnt have to be explicitly stated to be inferred.

And?  Show me where Bradshaw inferred anything at all with his comments.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The point is that Bradshaw played in an era where completion percentages and interceptions weren't so important, and Bradshaw sees Blake's game as a throwback to his era...and that's what he likes about him. 

All he's saying is don't give up on talent too soon, just like Pittsburgh didn't with him (but almost did.)

He's said nothing about his style of play or "throwback" being the reason he liked him.  There's certainly nothing "throwback" about Bortles.

Between you and glock you could write an entire fiction novel about what you want his words to say, but don't actually say (no matter how poorly interpreted by the two of you.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Do you also hold it for KY when he pees?
You cant say this like youre not in every thread he posts in trying to disagree with him. Like i already told you, hes got you and the rest of the hivemind so stressed its hilarious.

Oh yeah, I'm stressed.  Whew.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You cant say this like youre not in every thread he posts in trying to disagree with him. Like i already told you, hes got you and the rest of the hivemind so stressed its hilarious.

Yeah laughing hysterically at how stupid/pompous KY sounds in all of his posts is really getting my blood pressure up.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 04:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:All 60 minutes count, so yes.

Jags Vs San Diego

Final Game Stats -> Bortles 31 of 50 for 329 yards and 2 TDs and 2 INTs

Qtrs 1-2-3 -> Bortles threw for 175 yards and 2 INTs.  (San Diego winning 35-0)

Down 35-0 to the Chargers -> 4th quarter ... Bortles throws for 150 yards and 2 TDs

Is that really what you want in a QB ?   Final Stats look decent.

Quote:Jags Vs San Diego

Final Game Stats -> Bortles 31 of 50 for 329 yards and 2 TDs and 2 INTs

Qtrs 1-2-3 -> Bortles threw for 175 yards and 2 INTs.  (San Diego winning 35-0)

Down 35-0 to the Chargers -> 4th quarter ... Bortles throws for 150 yards and 2 TDs

Is that really what you want in a QB ?   Final Stats look decent.

Yes. His garbage time stats absolutely have to be considered when evaluating him. 

If you go through the 2015 season and analyze his production once they were down by 10 or more late in the game - you only end up with 397 yards and 5 TDs on the season.  

Subtract that from his overall stats that year and he's still 11th in the league in yards and 11th in the league in TDs.  (4031 yards & 30TDs)

I'd take that happily if he can get back to that instead of the horror show we got last season. 

Quote:Yes. His garbage time stats absolutely have to be considered when evaluating him. 

If you go through the 2015 season and analyze his production once they were down by 10 or more late in the game - you only end up with 397 yards and 5 TDs on the season.  

Subtract that from his overall stats that year and he's still 11th in the league in yards and 11th in the league in TDs.  (4031 yards & 30TDs)

I'd take that happily if he can get back to that instead of the horror show we got last season. 

I have high hopes that he will. He showed us in only his second year as an NFL player that he can be ultra productive. 

He knows he has to cut down on the turnovers and fix his mechanics. He is a hard worker with a lot invested in him and he has a really solid coaching staff around him. 

The formula for success is there. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Something doesnt have to be explicitly stated to be inferred.

Either way theres pretty much no reason to think Bradshaws opinion holds any more weight than anyone else. Talent evaluation isnt a skill inherent to players, the many insufferable the analysts and failed player turned front office people across all sports are proof of that.

Obviously there is a reason that has already been stated in this thread: Terry Bradshaw is a former NFL QB. Therefore he knows a lot more about the job than any of us.

Quote:All he's saying is don't give up on talent too soon, just like Pittsburgh didn't with him (but almost did.)

He's said nothing about his style of play or "throwback" being the reason he liked him. There's certainly nothing "throwback" about Bortles.

Between you and glock you could write an entire fiction novel about what you want his words to say, but don't actually say (no matter how poorly interpreted by the two of you.)

Who is giving up on him?? He haven't done a good job at winning games.. Every year a new excuse pop up for him.. And for Bradshaw to say he needs more help is BS.. He have the Wr,He had a better line last year, and he had better running back play. Was it great? No! But was he great ? Hell No..

People like me tired of hearing excuses for the kid... I don't care if it was John Madden giving them.. I wanna see him win that's it..

You make yourself look foolish defending Bradshaw. Validating his points just because he was a former Qb.. Soo What! He is wrong! He can be wrong right?? Truth is Bortles had help last year... He just sucked point blank..

Quote:Obviously there is a reason that has already been stated in this thread: Terry Bradshaw is a former NFL QB. Therefore he knows a lot more about the job than any of us.

Just because he played the position before doesn't validate his opinion.. To say Bortles need help is Bs... Bortles had help...

Quote:Who is giving up on him?? He haven't done a good job at winning games.. Every year a new excuse pop up for him.. And for Bradshaw to say he needs more help is [BAD WORD REMOVED].. He have the Wr,He had a better line last year, and he had better running back play. Was it great? No! But was he great ? Hell No..

People like me tired of hearing excuses for the kid... I don't care if it was John Madden giving them.. I wanna see him win that's it..

You make yourself look foolish defending Bradshaw. Validating his points just because he was a former Qb.. Soo What! He is wrong! He can be wrong right?? Truth is Bortles had help last year... He just sucked point blank..
My man you are filled with so much hate for Blake Bortles that you can't see the truth. Did he regressed last year? Yes but to say his receivers helped him or he had even a good running is laughable and make you look cartoonish to say such a thing out of your mouth. This man was less than 150 yds away of being the leading rusher last year but he has all the help in the world. Maybe just Maybe the help around him was overrated as well as him this past season. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Who is giving up on him?? He haven't done a good job at winning games.. Every year a new excuse pop up for him.. And for Bradshaw to say he needs more help is [BAD WORD REMOVED].. He have the Wr,He had a better line last year, and he had better running back play. Was it great? No! But was he great ? Hell No..

You're really getting worked up over a lot of pretend things here.  A lot of air swirling around in that empty head of yours.

Bradshaw isn't excusing him, and neither am I.  Neither of us called him a great QB, either.

I'd like to see him win as much as Bradshaw.  You say you do, too, but your comments are a detachment from reality.

There's nothing "wrong" about having patience with Bortles, just as it wasn't "wrong" for Pittsburgh to have patience with Bradshaw.

I certainly hope you can keep up with that.  It certainly does seem like a lot more logic than you're prepared to handle in one short post.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they drafted a QB and also added one in free agency.  I've said before and I'll say again, it's his job to win and competition can only help.

If you want to continue to bark at windmills and act a fool because you pretend disagree with pretend ideas that are bouncing between your ears... feel free.  You're only being entertaining in a completely unintentional way on your part.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Who is giving up on him?? He haven't done a good job at winning games.. Every year a new excuse pop up for him...

...People like me tired of hearing excuses for the kid...

No one is making excuses for his 2016 season.  I think everyone (expect for that space coast dude) has uniformly blamed Blake for his regression in mechanics and the terrible accuracy that resulted from it. 

People just want to see if he can return to that 2015 form and surpass it.  Maybe he can't, maybe he can. 

Most fans seem OK with the idea of drafting another QB or signing one to compete with him also.  Not sure where you are seeing all these "excuses."

Bortles has the "intangibles" and the ability to be a very good quarterback.  I won't say "great" just yet since his body of work has been behind a less-than-average line.  He does have the receivers, but the line is the key.  Add to that a competent running game (or lack thereof at this point).  The bottom line is that the offensive line needs an upgrade to provide the running backs the ability to gain crucial yards on first and second down.  When a defense starts blitzing or putting more men in the box to defend the run, it opens up the passing game.

Right now the stable of running backs is pretty good with TJ, Chris Ivory and Corey Grant.  With a good offensive line each one of them is a threat.  When teams actually have to really defend and/or account for them, it will open up the passing game.

In my opinion, free agency and the draft should address the offensive line with the goal of supplementing defensive positions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Bortles has the "intangibles" and the ability to be a very good quarterback.  I won't say "great" just yet since his body of work has been behind a less-than-average line.  He does have the receivers, but the line is the key.  Add to that a competent running game (or lack thereof at this point).  The bottom line is that the offensive line needs an upgrade to provide the running backs the ability to gain crucial yards on first and second down.  When a defense starts blitzing or putting more men in the box to defend the run, it opens up the passing game.

Right now the stable of running backs is pretty good with TJ, Chris Ivory and Corey Grant.  With a good offensive line each one of them is a threat.  When teams actually have to really defend and/or account for them, it will open up the passing game.

In my opinion, free agency and the draft should address the offensive line with the goal of supplementing defensive positions.
We've already debunked those two major claims, though. The Jags had significantly fewer 3rd and longs than the average team, Blake just completed by far the lowest percentage of them.

And the best running games in the league are only facing stacked boxes ~30% of the time. For example, the Cowboys went from 30% 8 man boxes with McFadden in 2015 down to 27% with Elliott last year. Teams just don't stack the box in today's NFL. Nickel is king. Even if we add to our oline significantly and drafted a RB at 4 it still wouldn't change very much at all in terms of men in the box Blake faces. 

Quote:Let's all remember that Bradshaw said Mike McCarthy was more important to the Packers than Aaron Rodgers.

Everyone knows that is true. Rodgers is one of 63 players Mike McCarthy is in charge of.

Quote:Just because he played the position before doesn't validate his opinion.. To say Bortles need help is [BAD WORD REMOVED]... Bortles had help...

If you ever watched Bortles play, you know the offensive line, running backs, and coaches were not helping him.

Quote:His QB rating for the entire 2015 season was 80.2.....
I already stated I was mistaken. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 03:01 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

My point is simply this.  While his accuracy is much better then tebows  and tons of others.  

Blakes deep ball many times is off the mark.   And he missed quite a bit mid range as well.  

And be it it is his footwork or mechanics.  To believe that both can be fixed  In one off season?  

Highly doubtful.   Cause when feels the pressure will go into panic mode.  

And resort back to what he is accustomed too. 

Could I end up wrong?  Of course. 

And if he ends up the starting qb this year.  And no real competition is brought in. Or wins the battle regardless. 

I will be happy to be wrong.  Cause means we are winning and producing.  

But once again,  This is not all on Blake. And the key play makers have to catch balls perfect or not.  In key situations.  Or we may not win that many games. 

And with that being said, 

It may be wise.  This year to have an insurance policy,  just in case. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags