Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:No one is making excuses for his 2016 season.  I think everyone (expect for that space coast dude) has uniformly blamed Blake for his regression in mechanics and the terrible accuracy that resulted from it. 

People just want to see if he can return to that 2015 form and surpass it.  Maybe he can't, maybe he can. 

Most fans seem OK with the idea of drafting another QB or signing one to compete with him also.  Not sure where you are seeing all these "excuses."

Indeed I'm actively advocating drafting a 2nd round qb.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I already stated I was mistaken.

I think I might have skipped a few posts. My bad for repeating.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:My man you are filled with so much hate for Blake Bortles that you can't see the truth. Did he regressed last year? Yes but to say his receivers helped him or he had even a good running is laughable and make you look cartoonish to say such a thing out of your mouth. This man was less than 150 yds away of being the leading rusher last year but he has all the help in the world. Maybe just Maybe the help around him was overrated as well as him this past season.

Tell me what he did tho, instead of pointing the finger at everyone else

. What did Bortles do?

Quote:You're really getting worked up over a lot of pretend things here. A lot of air swirling around in that empty head of yours.

Bradshaw isn't excusing him, and neither am I. Neither of us called him a great QB, either.

I'd like to see him win as much as Bradshaw. You say you do, too, but your comments are a detachment from reality.

There's nothing "wrong" about having patience with Bortles, just as it wasn't "wrong" for Pittsburgh to have patience with Bradshaw.

I certainly hope you can keep up with that. It certainly does seem like a lot more logic than you're prepared to handle in one short post.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they drafted a QB and also added one in free agency. I've said before and I'll say again, it's his job to win and competition can only help.

If you want to continue to bark at windmills and act a fool because you pretend disagree with pretend ideas that are bouncing between your ears... feel free. You're only being entertaining in a completely unintentional way on your part.

I believe their is a fine line between being patient and foolish.. It would be foolish to continue to wait for an unproven qb.. I dont hate Bortles,but i dont have no more patience for him either.Yes the jags need to bring in a FA QB..Yes we do need to draft a QB.. That doesn't take much logic to understand that...

You basically agree with what I'm saying..But I don't think your pride will allow you to admit that tho..

Quote:If you ever watched Bortles play, you know the offensive line, running backs, and coaches were not helping him.

If you ever watch Bortles play you know he haven't helped his Wr, or his line and RB as well..It can be taking the same way..

Quote:Tell me what he did tho, instead of pointing the finger at everyone else

. What did Bortles do?

Like I told you blake has regressed last year but so as the other people around him as well except for the pass blocking of the offensive line which play well.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:So you're just verifying what I said with those links.  I've seen this 'tired arm' thing mentioned one time...in his rookie season.  Injuries are not the same thing as a tired arm.  Every QB in the NFL plays through injuries.
You're right. The actual tired or dead arm term was only used after his rookie season. And since then that shoulder has been injured every year, along with the other shoulder this past season (iirc).

It would seem that this message board has directly linked his shoulder injuries to his rookie year "tired arm" and assume it's all the same issue.

Although I would think playing through AC sprains can't be good for longevity.

Quote:You're right. The actual tired or dead arm term was only used after his rookie season. And since then that shoulder has been injured every year, along with the other shoulder this past season (iirc).

It would seem that this message board has directly linked his shoulder injuries to his rookie year "tired arm" and assume it's all the same issue.

Although I would think playing through AC sprains can't be good for longevity.

I actually think the wrist tendinitis is closer to a "tired arm."  His terrible 2016 mechanics (similar to Bortles rookie year) were likely to blame for that condition.

Quote:If you ever watch Bortles play you know he haven't helped his Wr, or his line and RB as well..It can be taking the same way..

This is more true than the other way around

Quote:This is more true than the other way around
Are you sure?

Jags WRs were really good at dropping the ball last season.

The O-line couldn't run block for nada... 

but pass blocking was improved from a season before.

Bortles needs to play better and improve... if he can...

There's plenty of blame to go around... but IDK if I'd put the majority of it on Blake.

Maybe like.......... 49%

Quote: 

Jags WRs were really good at dropping the ball last season.

I agree on all of your points here, but the number of drops by the receivers pales to invisible when compared to the number of times the BB5 duck-cannon threw the ball to uncatchable places last season. 

Sure the receivers regressed but you can still its isolate his play from the receivers drops, and his play was far worse than theirs.

Quote:Sure the receivers regressed but you can still its isolate his play from the receivers drops, and his play was far worse than theirs.
Agreed. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Sure the receivers regressed but you can still its isolate his play from the receivers drops, and his play was far worse than theirs.
the receivers still didn't help him 

Quote:If you ever watch Bortles play you know he haven't helped his Wr, or his line and RB as well..It can be taking the same way..

2015, dude

Quote:2015, dude
Wrong

Quote:Wrong

How many times do I have to explain the fact that Blake Bortles has done it before proves he can do it again two years later? People who still don't understand that just don't want to.

Quote:How many times do I have to explain the fact that Blake Bortles has done it before proves he can do it again two years later? People who still don't understand that just don't want to.
Tim tebow won a playoff game before so youre saying he can win another one???

Quote:How many times do I have to explain the fact that Blake Bortles has done it before proves he can do it again two years later? People who still don't understand that just don't want to.

Did Blake Bortles "do it" 2016 at Titans?

Quote:Did Blake Bortles "do it" 2016 at Titans?

2016 at home against Tennessee