Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:There is nothing people won't believe. Nothing Wallbash

You're proof.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you guys only knew. Maybe you do. 

Trust me. Nothing Terry Bradshaw says should be trusted. 

Don't believe me. You'll see after next season.

I see what these guys are doing. He's a losing QB and nothings going to change that.

Mad Mad World

You're a prime example of why there's a thread titled, "Do you want Blake Bortles to succeed?". Guess your answer's "no"...

Quote:There is nothing people won't believe. Nothing Wallbash
Well... that makes zero sense.

Please... bang your head harder.

Quote:And because of these schemes the LTs (like Joker) are harder to evaluate.

Did they not give up a lot of sacks because the QB was a running QB, etc...

Also... MOST of these kids are not NFL ready when they come out. And most top picks go to bad teams.

Unless you're a "once-in-a-generation" prospect, you likely have an uphill climb right away.

And being a 1st rounder the pressure is there to start those players.

I think a lot of QBs are just ruined by playing too early on bad teams.
Good comment....I agree with you.

At this point, only he can bail himself out. Whether it's lack of weapons or poor coaching, if he doesn't perform he is likely done here. I'm hoping they bring in a vet to compete or select a qb on the mid rounds. I also hope they don't wait too late to say it's over

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 06:17 PM by Caldrac.)

Spot on. Leave it to a old head to deliver something that's full of wisdom in an old head way. Personally, I don't see him taking the next step to be the guy here. But, I also realize we're not staring at the answer to all of our problems at his position this year. So, he's got 2017 to put up or shut up. And I think his leash is A LOT shorter in 2017 under Marrone and Coughlin's watch. 

I don't see this coaching staff and upper management now riding things out with Bortles if he's throwing bone headed passes into coverage that goes back the other way and tips the momentum or flips the field in consecutive weeks like we've seen since day one he took over the job. The pass blocking was better in 2016. It was the best it's been since he's been here. The running game was weak during Olson's play calling but it improved dramatically under Hackett's play calling. 

You can only keep giving this kid so many excuses. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:This. Qb play is not good in the NFL right now and this is a huge reason why. I think we are on the verge of seeing another shift in the way QBs are evaluated or even how they are used in college. 

How is QB play in the NFL not good today? By what measure? Passing stats? The number of future HoF'ers?

Quote:Bradshaw has a wonderful point. I just think the best GM move a team could make is drafting small school QB's that throw in pro systems in lower rounds in the draft. Every year. Draft one. What happens? You either get a bust or potentially amazing trade bait. Upgrade a 5th round pick to a 1st and some change. 

At best, It could save your franchise once you realize your main guy...isn't the guy. Or your main guy gets ousted by the Injury god at a critical time in the playoffs and you got this stud sitting on a bench chomping at the bit to carve some DB's up. 

Coughlin in his previous stint with us tended to add QBs late in the draft.  He liked having guys ready to come in from their farms as well.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 08:53 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:The following is part of a larger overall article:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/02/terry_bradshaw_riffs_on_matthe.html#incart_river_index'>http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/02/terry_bradshaw_riffs_on_matthe.html#incart_river_index</a>

Jacksonville's Blake Bortles: "You've got to put people around him and you've got to coach him up. Once you do that, you can make a determination whether or not he's there. He's done too many good things to say, 'Well, we've got to go find a quarterback.' OK, go find him. Where is he? Everybody coming out of college now is zone-read, all these kids. Very few pocket quarterbacks anymore. You're gonna find him in North Dakota State, McNeese State, you're gonna find him somewhere else. But they're not in the major programs anymore. Bortles, you gotta take care of these kids so they don't get screwed up where every offseason you got to send them to a psychology class to get straightened out. They're sensitive, these guys. They get beat up and it messes them up, and they press. I like Bortles. I like Bortles. They just gotta help him. They gotta help him a lot."
Excuses,Excuses,Excuses... Soo tired of hearing them... Either the kid have it or he dont..Although I respect TB opinion, I don't take it to heart.. This is the same guy that said Tomlin isn't a good coach.. Bortles have had plenty of time ,he have the pieces around him.. It's all on him! Nobody else! If he wants to be better he has to do the work.. And last season it was obvious he didnt... 2017 is make or break it for Bortles... And that don't mean have good stats people, that means win some damn games or go home!

LOL ..... and Bradshaw's take on Osweiler

Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw made it clear this week that he’s not a big fan of Houston Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler.
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Titillium Web', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">Bradshaw is one person you can always expect to get an honest opinion from and this week he’s done just that while talking to reporters about Osweiler.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Titillium Web', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">“He’s bad,” Bradshaw said, via the Houston Chronicle. “I don’t like him.”

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Titillium Web', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">Bradshaw was asked what the Texans should do with Osweiler.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Titillium Web', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">“I don’t have a clue, they haven’t done anything right yet,” he said. “I don’t see … Osweiler’s too slow for me. He’s way too slow.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Titillium Web', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">“That’s just me. I don’t like him (and) I said so.”

Quote:How is QB play in the NFL not good today? By what measure? Passing stats? The number of future HoF'ers?

The eye test. People who watch games know some things about bad clock management, interceptions, sacks, etc. that are the QB's fault.

Quote:How is QB play in the NFL not good today? By what measure? Passing stats? The number of future HoF'ers?
The number of quarterbacks that are above average which is very low

And Houston still wins the division SMH

Nothing here that we don't already know. Please do we really need more BB5 threads??

Terry Bradshaw is a dumb hick who thinks Mike McCarthy is more important to the Packers than Aaron Rodgers.

Quote:Terry Bradshaw is a dumb hick who thinks Mike McCarthy is more important to the Packers than Aaron Rodgers.

That is actually debatable. 

Quote:That is actually debatable.

Nope. It isn't.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 01:30 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Nope. It isn't.

McCarthy is a great coach. I think what he runs works perfectly with the overall structure of the team and the roster they have. Rodgers is a phenomenal QB but it's undeniable Aaron had a few bad stretch of games the past 2 seasons and that's not Mike McCarthy's fault. He's kept that team solid for a long time now and it's not all because of one player. I think the relationship is very Brees/Payton or Bellichick/Brady. 

Quote:McCarthy is a great coach. I think what he runs works perfectly with the overall structure of the team and the roster they have. Rodgers is a phenomenal QB but it's undeniable Aaron had a few bad stretch of games the past 2 seasons and that's not Mike McCarthy's fault. He's kept that team solid for a long time now and it's not all because of one player. I think the relationship is very Brees/Payton or Bellichick/Brady.

McCarthy is a good coach. Without Aaron Rodgers they are a below .500 team this year and last year.

Quote:And Houston still wins the division SMH

Raiders fans will spend the rest of their lives saying, "What if . . ." because Houston really did not play that good with Brock Osweiler.

Next season we are going to see changes in the Super Bowl city. Big changes. And they won't help Houston enough.