Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:Terry Bradshaw is a dumb hick who thinks Mike McCarthy is more important to the Packers than Aaron Rodgers.

When is the HC not more important than the QB?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When is the HC not more important than the QB?

In this situation. Same as in Peyton's prime, he was more important than the HC.

Quote:In this situation. Same as in Peyton's prime, he was more important than the HC.

It was a rhetorical question. The HC is always more important than the QB.

Quote:It was a rhetorical question. The HC is always more important than the QB.

False. Manning was more important than his HCs for most of his career and Rodgers is more important than McCarthy.

Quote:False. Manning was more important than his HCs for most of his career and Rodgers is more important than McCarthy.

No better exemplified than by Jim Caldwell's stint as the Colts head coach. His first year he's in the Super Bowl, two years later he's 2-14. Everyone knows what the difference was.

Quote:Excuses,Excuses,Excuses... Soo tired of hearing them... Either the kid have it or he dont..Although I respect TB opinion, I don't take it to heart.. This is the same guy that said Tomlin isn't a good coach.. Bortles have had plenty of time ,he have the pieces around him.. It's all on him! Nobody else! If he wants to be better he has to do the work.. And last season it was obvious he didnt... 2017 is make or break it for Bortles... And that don't mean have good stats people, that means win some damn games or go home!

I'm rather tired of hearing that everything is Bortles' fault. The entire offense was at fault this year. The most blame goes to the coaching staff because it is their responsibility to train and prepare the players to win, yet they failed to do what was required of them.

Dude, you're a FAN, just like the rest of us. Yes, we may have opinions, but they hold very little weight compared to those who actually played or coached in the league because we aren't in the pro football business. Yes, some of us have played ball, but only a few of us even make it to the college level. Damn near every expert that has a right to comment on QBs says that throwing mechanics are fixable and yet, half the people here continue to ignore that fact. In order to do the work, Bortles has to have someone help him with it. You CANNOT fix mechanics on your own. You're pretty much blaming him for trusting his OC, which he should now know that he shouldn't let someone talk him out of doing what he feels will help him.

Winning games is on the ENTIRE team, not one player. If you can't understand that, then really aren't that smart.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 04:14 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:McCarthy is a good coach. Without Aaron Rodgers they are a below .500 team this year and last year.

To be fair, that's not all on McCarthy either. Ted Thompson is terrible when it comes to helping his team out in FA and on the defensive side of the ball in general. Losing Heyward in FA and being so thin at DB they had an undrafted corner covering #1 wide receivers in the post-season.  

Quote:To be fair, that's not all on MM either. Ted Thompson is terrible when it comes to helping his team out in FA and on the defensive side of the ball in general. Losing Heyward in FA and being so thin at DB they had an undrafted corner covering #1 wide receivers in the post-season.

Of course its not all on MM. The point is Rodgers is able to bring a bad roster to the NFC championship game. Without Rodgers that doesn't happen. He's more important than MM.

Quote:Of course its not all on MM. The point is Rodgers is able to bring a bad roster to the NFC championship game. Without Rodgers that doesn't happen.
He's more important than MM.

Couldn't you use that same logic with Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady? Does the fact that Bill has a HoF QB mean he's less important to the franchise? I'd take BB over Brady for my squad in a heart beat. 

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 04:40 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:Couldn't you use that same logic with Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady? Does the fact that Bill has a HoF QB mean he's less important to the franchise? I'd take BB over Brady for my squad in a heart beat.

Knew you'd bring this up. I'd take BB in a heartbeat too, he's the GOAT. Thats a situation where the HC is more important than the QB.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 05:26 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Knew you'd bring this up. I'd take BB in a heartbeat too, he's the GOAT. Thats a situation where the HC is more important than the QB.

The logic here is that Bill Bellichick has arguably the best QB of all time and and actual defense WITH quality players. MM doesn't exactly have that luxury aside a few players so where do we draw the line between what is from Aaron Rodgers doing and what McCarthy is as a head coach?

Quote:If Bortles were cut and picked up by a team that is already a playoff contender with a good coach staff, i.e. Steelers if Big Ben were to actually retire... he'd become a star.

I'd bet my sig (or something else not really worth much lol)

Hell... if Gabbert had went to a better team than the 9ers.... who knows..
gabbert couldn't win on the 85 bears

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 07:02 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:The logic here is that Bill Bellichick has arguably the best QB of all time and and actual defense WITH quality players. MM doesn't exactly have that luxury aside a few players so where do we draw the line between what is from Aaron Rodgers doing and what McCarthy is as a head coach?
Belichick is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. He is more important than any individual player on the team. He has proven that he can win without Brady too.

Mike McCarthy is not anywhere near the status of BB. Aaron Rodgers is by far the most important player on that team, take away him and replace him with an average QB and the Packers are a below .500 team. Take MM away, replace him with an average coach but leave Rodgers and the Packers would still be a playoff team. Quite simple.

I'm fact this year was the perfect example of how much more important Rodgers is than anybody else in that organization.

Manning was the same. Far more important than the HC or anybody else on his team.

Quote:No better exemplified than by Jim Caldwell's stint as the Colts head coach. His first year he's in the Super Bowl, two years later he's 2-14. Everyone knows what the difference was.

Perfect example of it

Quote:Excuses,Excuses,Excuses... Soo tired of hearing them... Either the kid have it or he dont..Although I respect TB opinion, I don't take it to heart.. This is the same guy that said Tomlin isn't a good coach.. Bortles have had plenty of time ,he have the pieces around him.. It's all on him! Nobody else! If he wants to be better he has to do the work.. And last season it was obvious he didnt... 2017 is make or break it for Bortles... And that don't mean have good stats people, that means win some damn games or go home!

So, I don't get who is making 'an excuse'.  Bradshaw?  I'm curious why he would make 'an excuse'?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:When is the HC not more important than the QB?

More often than not.

Only an hand full of teams have won a Super Bowl without a special QB, and those teams had Pro Bowlers all round him and on both sides of the ball.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 10:08 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:I'm rather tired of hearing that everything is Bortles' fault. The entire offense was at fault this year. The most blame goes to the coaching staff because it is their responsibility to train and prepare the players to win, yet they failed to do what was required of them.

Dude, you're a FAN, just like the rest of us. Yes, we may have opinions, but they hold very little weight compared to those who actually played or coached in the league because we aren't in the pro football business. Yes, some of us have played ball, but only a few of us even make it to the college level. Damn near every expert that has a right to comment on QBs says that throwing mechanics are fixable and yet, half the people here continue to ignore that fact. In order to do the work, Bortles has to have someone help him with it. You CANNOT fix mechanics on your own. You're pretty much blaming him for trusting his OC, which he should now know that he shouldn't let someone talk him out of doing what he feels will help him.

Winning games is on the ENTIRE team, not one player. If you can't understand that, then really aren't that smart.
Yeah I agree the entire offense was at fault, but most of the blame still points too Bortles...Bortles is a grown man! He is responsible for his self... He knows his mechanics is bad! He should have put the extra work in like he did the year before.. Don't complain after the fact about the coaches.. The coaches not throwing the ball in the dirt, he is!

I'll tell u what happen, Bortles threw those 30 plus TDs the year before, and he thought he arrived! He thought it was easy and he didn't need the extra work... So he didn't get the training he suppose to get and he stayed here drinking his [BLEEP] off at the beach!!

He dont need a babysitter, or someone to tell him to do this,so u can be great.. It has to be in him... It's in all the great Qb's.

Quote:So, I don't get who is making 'an excuse'. Bradshaw? I'm curious why he would make 'an excuse'?

Not just Bradshaw, but everybody... Same Excuses they gave Gabbert..

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 10:15 AM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Yeah I agree the entire offense was at fault, but most of the blame still points too Bortles...Bortles is a grown man! He is responsible for his self... He knows his mechanics is bad! He should have put the extra work in like he did the year before.. Don't complain after the fact about the coaches.. The coaches not throwing the ball in the dirt, he is!

I'll tell u what happen, Bortles threw those 30 plus TDs the year before, and he thought he arrived! He thought it was easy and he didn't need the extra work... So he didn't get the training he suppose to get and he stayed here drinking his [BAD WORD REMOVED] off at the beach!!

He dont need a babysitter, or someone to tell him to do this,so u can be great.. It has to be in him... It's in all the great Qb's.
How do you know you wasn't training or just sitting on Jax Beach at the beach bars all the time? In today's society no one has a video tape of him doing that and in your case you might want to be gullible and believe all the rumors that you hear from others who don't have a life. The man tried everything to be great and it just unfortunately this year himself and others around him failed in that department.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 10:25 AM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Not just Bradshaw, but everybody... Same Excuses they gave Gabbert..

No one gave Blaine Gabbert an excuse in fact, during his rookie year we wanted to run him out of town.
[Image: giphy.gif]