Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terry Bradshaw's take on Blake Bortles

Quote:It was a rhetorical question. The HC is always more important than the QB.
this isnt even remotely true either

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mccarthy is literally a bad coach. The packers have been a poorly built and poorly schemed team that aarons talent carries far beyond where they could ever go for awhile

So now a HOF QB (Bradshaw) and another with a very good career (Jaworski) both say coaching is the problem with the QB position here.  We all know Gus was terrible but he's had some really bad OCs in Fisch and Olson.  I realize Hackett was the QB coach but I think the way Olson called the game was most of the problem.  I think we're going to see a different Bortles with a real HC who demands discipline and accountability and Hackett installing his system.

Quote:Ryan, Dalton, Carr, Smith, Cousin, Prescott, Stafford

Wilson, Winston, Mariota

Quote:Mccarthy is literally a bad coach. The packers have been a poorly built and poorly schemed team that aarons talent carries far beyond where they could ever go for awhile

What a joke. Its all McCarthy's fault Ted Thompson is awful/terrible/catastrophic/neglectful at defense? McCarthy does with what he has to work with.

Quote:What a joke. Its all McCarthy's fault Ted Thompson is awful/terrible/catastrophic/neglectful at defense? McCarthy does with what he has to work with.

If someone gave you full control of the packers but said you had to either get rid of MM or get rid Rodgers who would you pick?

haveaseat has left the building

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 04:33 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:If someone gave you full control of the packers but said you had to either get rid of MM or get rid Rodgers who would you pick?

That's a dumb question because you could argue Rodgers is one of of the best QB's to play the game and it's a QB league. You could make the argument he is the better QB than Tom Brady. Not to mention, MM doesn't have the luxury of picking he players he wants like BB so how can you compare their value? I would take Rodgers over Brady and Bellichick combined. That shouldn't devalue MM worth as a coach. That's just stupid. 

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 04:41 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:That's a dumb question because you could argue Rodgers is one of of the best QB's to play the game and it's a QB league. You could make the argument he is the better QB than Tom Brady. Not to mention, MM doesn't have the luxury of picking he players he wants like BB so how can you compare their value? I would take Rodgers over Brady and Bellichick combined. That shouldn't devalue MM worth as a coach. That's just stupid.
Yes its a dumb question because the answer is obviously that you keep Rodgers. He's more important than MM, you said that was debatable. Its not.

As already said , MM is a good coach, Rodgers is still far more important.

I'd take Belichick over Rodgers by a country mile. He's the GOAT HC.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 05:04 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Yes its a dumb question because the answer is obviously that you keep Rodgers. He's more important than MM, you said that was debatable. Its not.

As already said , MM is a good coach, Rodgers is still far more important.

I'd take Belichick over Rodgers by a country mile. He's the GOAT HC.

It is debatable. How can you deny McCarthy's worth if he's been operating with Aaron Rodgers? BB can sign whoever he wants and have the freedom to show why he is great where MM is at the mercy of an awful GM who doesn't sign big free agents or care much for defense. Yet somehow MM has still brought his team to the playoffs year after year. Sean Patyon is a great coach and Brees is a HoFmer and they haven't made the playoffs in awhile. Then there's Gus Bradley couldn't take a stacked roster to McDonalds so lets not act like coaching doesn't matter. 

Quote:It is debatable. How can you deny McCarthy's worth if he's been operating with Aaron Rodgers? BB can sign whoever he wants and have the freedom to show why he is great where MM is at the mercy of an awful GM who doesn't sign big free agents or care much for defense. Yet somehow MM has still brought his team to the playoffs year after year. Sean Patyon is a great coach and Brees is a HoFmer and they haven't made the playoffs in awhile. Then there's Gus Bradley couldn't take a stacked roster to McDonalds so lets not act like coaching doesn't matter.

Its not debatable. You obviously pick Rodgers in that scenario.

MM is a good coach, just not as important as Rodgers. Brady is a great QB, just not as important as BB.

So where have I said coaching doesn't matter?

Quote:Its not debatable. You obviously pick Rodgers in that scenario.

MM is a good coach, just not as important as Rodgers. Brady is a great QB, just not as important as BB.

So where have I said coaching doesn't matter?

Aight. You right lol. I concede. We essentially agree on the same thing. I'm just saying I don't feel like MM value should be denied because of his QB. He's handed a very sup bar defense remarkably well.

JackCity, meat n potatoes

Haveaseat, have a seat

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Aight. You right lol. I concede. We essentially agree on the same thing. I'm just saying I don't feel like MM value should be denied because of his QB. He's handed a very sup bar defense remarkably well.

He hasn't really handled it more so than Rodgers was playing at level of QBing rarely if ever seen before. There are pieces there on D just lots of injuries and they let Hayward go.

I haven't yet seen the "it " with Bortles. The "it " is feeling confident that late in the fourth quarter, down by 4, he'll lead you down for a score. The "it " is also playing out the final 4 minutes of the fourth quarter with the lead, not depending on the defense to hold onto it.

Hopefully, we'll see it this year.

I thought I saw it at times in 2015, then it didn't come back in 2016.

If it's gone for good, then he will be, too.

It will be something to look for in 2017.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I thought I saw it at times in 2015, then it didn't come back in 2016.

If it's gone for good, then he will be, too.

It will be something to look for in 2017.

:no:  no you didn't

Quote:And his coach told him not to work on his mechanics last season which hurt him probably more than we know.

Say what?

I don't recall anything like this. Now I do recall his coach telling him to stay put in Jacksonville to better develop timing with his WRs instead of going to Cali to work with Tom House, and that in part is why he's with Tom House right now, but I highly doubt anyone told him to stop working on his mechanics.

'02

Quote:I do agree with Bradshaw. In the meantime, the Jags should look for another QB to compete.

Foles?

'02

Quote:If Bortles were cut and picked up by a team that is already a playoff contender with a good coach staff, i.e. Steelers if Big Ben were to actually retire... he'd become a star.

I'd bet my sig (or something else not really worth much lol)

Hell... if Gabbert had went to a better team than the 9ers.... who knows..

I feel that for Bortles to be at his best, he needs to keep his attempts down to like 30 a game, and not 50. An ideal offense for Blake would feature a strong running game combined with speedy WRs who can get downfield.

'02