Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Day Scenarios from 2015 (necro-bump)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...-nfl-draft

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, I saw the article, so the question you have to ask if you are the Titans is whether Marcus Mariota or Leonard Williams will have a bigger impact on how fast the team improves in the next few years?

How many times have you seen a 5 Tech in a 3-4 Defense be that much of a difference maker? I can't remember many that would.

If the Titans already had their Pass Rush OLBs then I could see Williams helping that defense.

On the other hand, what if Marcus Mariota is a combination of Aaron Rodgers and Colin Kaepernick?

Or let's assume that the Titans want to control the market for Mariota by picking him at Pick 2 and then putting him up for auction?

The worst thing that could happen is they have to keep their Franchise QB.

The other side is they might be able to get 4 picks from the Eagles and Nick Foles, who is probably worth a Rd 3 pick in trade.

The QBs are going 1-2 and the Jags will end up with the choice of Leonard Williams or Dante Fowler.

What I do like about the article is that the Jags are in a very good position at Pick 3 coming into the draft.

The Jags are in a very good spot this offseason in general. They have the cap to add any piece they feel will help the team, and that will only add flexibility to a draft where nothing can really go wrong in the first round. We either get Leonard Williams to pair with Suh and Marks (thats right, I think we are gonna sign Suh), or we get a good LEO prospect in Dante Fowler. I dont think we see the mega trade everyone is hoping for, because ultimately I think Tenn either takes Mariota or trades out of the pick to someone who will. Either of those things happening are not a bad thing. 

Its good to be Dave Caldwell right about now, and hes going to get a whole lot of love after the FA period and draft Im sure. I think he sees this as an opportunity for the Jags to really turn the corner, and I think because of that he's going to go all out this offseason.

My prediction; we attempt to sign Suh, McCourty, and J. Thomas with a 2nd tier RT like Barksdale. Im really excited for the draft, because there's so many possible scenarios, and they are mostly good. The pressure is on the tacks not to screw up on missing out on a potential franchise QB. We are golden this year. 

I think Caldwell is about to get us back on the winning track. 

The jags truly have many possiblities. Trading back muthiple time many work by giving Caldwell the ability to use his knowledge to draft players with big potential.

Quote:Yeah, I saw the article, so the question you have to ask if you are the Titans is whether Marcus Mariota or Leonard Williams will have a bigger impact on how fast the team improves in the next few years?

How many times have you seen a 5 Tech in a 3-4 Defense be that much of a difference maker? I can't remember many that would.

If the Titans already had their Pass Rush OLBs then I could see Williams helping that defense.

On the other hand, what if Marcus Mariota is a combination of Aaron Rodgers and Colin Kaepernick?

Or let's assume that the Titans want to control the market for Mariota by picking him at Pick 2 and then putting him up for auction?

The worst thing that could happen is they have to keep their Franchise QB.

The other side is they might be able to get 4 picks from the Eagles and Nick Foles, who is probably worth a Rd 3 pick in trade.

The QBs are going 1-2 and the Jags will end up with the choice of Leonard Williams or Dante Fowler.

What I do like about the article is that the Jags are in a very good position at Pick 3 coming into the draft.

I think foles to the titans is a very likely scenario. But in that case I take Leonard Williams and run.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:The Jags truly have many possiblities. Trading back muthiple time many work by giving Caldwell the ability to use his knowledge to draft players with big potential.

That is why posting here before the draft is so fun - we get to dream about things like getting a second first round pick from the Eagles (even if it is unlikely to happen) or a guy like Bud Dupree falling to #36. Then there's Dante Fowler, my favorite pick if we stay at #3.

But we must remember all 32 teams have many possibilities, including some nobody thought about yet like Buffalo getting a first round pick. And whatever we can do, the Titans can do too. It would be interesting to see what is being posted on the Titans boards.

I think Philly will offer Tennessee Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, and pick #20 for pick #2. 

Quote:I think Philly will offer Tennessee Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, and pick #20 for pick #2. 

Has any team ever traded two players at the same time?

The Titans have a running back. They would rather get an extra first round pick next year and a few more picks this year - as would everyone else.

Quote:Has any team ever traded two players at the same time?

The Titans have a running back. They would rather get an extra first round pick next year and a few more picks this year - as would everyone else.
Sure.

Ollie Matson...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ars-later/

Herschel Walker...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/116598...ys-dynasty

Quote: 

The basic terms were that the Cowboys would give the Vikings Walker, their third and 10th picks in 1990, and their third pick in 1991. In return, Dallas would get linebackers Jesse Solomon and David Howard, defensive end Alex Stewart, running back Darrin Nelson, cornerback Issiac Holt and Minnesota's first-, second- and sixth-round picks in 1990. But each of the players the Cowboys got from the Vikings also had a conditional pick attached to him should he be cut before Feb. 1, 1990. That's where the deal got complicated -- and Johnson got what he really wanted.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 09:24 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I think Philly will offer Tennessee Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, and pick #20 for pick #2.
if I was the Titans I would do that, I think Foles is a better qb than Mariota anyway. As a Jags fan I wouldnt want that to happen. Dont want to play Foles twice a year. I think the Titans have a better WR core than the Eagles right now they just havnt had a.qb that can get them the ball

Quote:if I was the Titans I would do that, I think Foles is a better QB than Mariota anyway. As a Jags fan I wouldnt want that to happen. Dont want to play Foles twice a year. I think the Titans have a better WR core than the Eagles right now they just havnt had a.qb that can get them the ball

I have read Marcus Mariota has been compared to Aaron Rodgers, but outside of Philadelphia, he is a developmental project. Before that I read he is going to be like Alex Smith, but that concern did not last very long.

Quote:I have read Marcus Mariota has been compared to Aaron Rodgers, but outside of Philadelphia, he is a developmental project. Before that I read he is going to be like Alex Smith, but that concern did not last very long.
I read Jamarcus Russell was the next Elway and Blaine Gabbert was gonna be the best qb of 2011 draft

Philly would have to offer way more than that.

Philly just traded McCoy to Buffalo for a linebacker.

Quote:Philly just traded McCoy to Buffalo for a linebacker.
I wouldnt say that if I were you. If I were you, I would say Buffalo just traded Kiko Alonso for a RB

Quote:I wouldn't say that if I were you. If I were you, I would say Buffalo just traded Kiko Alonso for a RB

It was Philly trading LeSean McCoy away. Chip Kelly wanted to get rid of him.

(03-03-2015, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
if I was the Titans I would do that, I think Foles is a better qb than Mariota anyway.  As a Jags fan I wouldnt want that to happen.  Dont want to play Foles twice a year.  I think the Titans have a better WR core than the Eagles right now they just havnt had a.qb that can get them the ball

Still true.  Mariota will never win a SB

how long have you've been waiting to bring this thread back to life?

(02-05-2018, 01:56 PM)rfc17 Wrote: how long have you've been waiting to bring this thread back to life?

Must be national "Pat Yourself on the Back Day."

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 09:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-05-2018, 01:56 PM)rfc17 Wrote: how long have you've been waiting to bring this thread back to life?

Was just waiting for him to win a Super Bowl so I can finally post it

(02-05-2018, 01:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Must be national "Pat Yourself on the Back Day."

I wouldnt really consider saying Foles is better than Mariota patting my self on the back.