Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adrian Amos - Safety prospect

What do you guys think of Adrian Amos S in the 4th or 5th round?

- 6ft 218lbs

-Very fluid  in coverage 

-Athletic enough to cover ground with ease

-Versatile,has spent time at cornerback

-Not a big hitter by any stretch of the imagination but displays good form

- According to NFL.com ,he allowed just 3.9 yards per target in 2014

-May not be the future at safety but would be a considerable upgrade over Josh Evans in my opinion

4.56 40 time and was in the top safety performers in the 20 and 60 yard shuttle

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't see much that would indicate a significant upgrade over Josh Evans.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2015, 11:50 PM by JackCity.)

Beauty is in the eye and all that jazz.

The only two safeties I would draft are Amos and Holliman,and from what I've seen Holliman is an elite ball hawk with serious tackle issues 

Quote:I don't see much that would indicate a significant upgrade over Josh Evans.

You know how this works. His name isn't Evans so he must be an upgrade. The same thing applies to Beadles and Gerhart.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Define "considerable." Evans is a weak spot, yeah, but unless the Jaguars sign a free agent to take his place, get used to the idea of seeing him back there next season. A mid-round pick isn't going to be a "considerable" upgrade as a rookie.

I like Amos as well, and do think he would be an upgrade over Evans in terms of coverage ability. And not just because his name isn't Evans. I just think he's a better FS.

No.

Penn State DBs tend to suck.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Okay I agree "considerable upgrade" may push it a bit but I firmly believe that once the FS position is upgraded ,it will have a big impact on the rest of the defense.

If Gibson can somehow be got ,I'm all for that.

Quote:No.

That's so stupid.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:No.

So True !!!  

Quote:- According to NFL.com ,he allowed just 3.9 yards per target in 2014

PSUs 2014 Schedule

UCF

Akron

Rutgers

UMass

Northwestern

Michigan

Ohio State

Maryland

Temple

Illinois

Temple

Mich State

BC

With the exception of OSU and Mich State, I'd have to say he pretty much faced Division II type QBs and WRs in 2014.

Quote:That's so stupid.
It's not.

As long as Penn State has been a national power, isn't it odd they haven't produced a stud DB?

Name a DB worth ANYTHING ever to come out of Penn State.

Quote:It's not.

As long as Penn State has been a national power, isn't it odd they haven't produced a stud DB?

Name a DB worth ANYTHING ever to come out of Penn State
You have a point to be fair haha

That's not how this works.

They ended a long era with paterno just a few years ago.

Saying that Florida for example has never produced a really good NFL QB means what exactly? What if Jameis went to Florida instead of FSU, should teams just scratch him off the list?

It's a dumb way of thinking and excluding players for no reason.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quick... Before Dennard last year, name one CB worth a damn from Michigan state.

Cmon bullseye.

Using your "logic"... Teams should've avoided Dennard last year and Waynes this year because they are CBs from Michigan State.

Good thing you're not a scout.

Quote:That's not how this works.

They ended a long era with paterno just a few years ago.

Saying that Florida for example has never produced a really good NFL QB means what exactly? What if Jameis went to Florida instead of FSU, should teams just scratch him off the list?

It's a dumb way of thinking and excluding players for no reason.
It's NOT a dumb way of thinking.

Who, besides Penn St coaches and the OP, thinks highly of this guy?

What stud DBs have Penn State successfully recruited since Paterno left?

Programs that traditionally produce studs at certain positions have done so when coaches have changed.

The University of Miami has produced studs at RB (Chuck Foreman, Ottis Anderson, Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, etc.) over the years irrespective of the coach.

USC has produced a plethora of studs at S (Ronnie Lott, Tim McDonald, Polamalu) and OL (Yary, munoz, Boselli) with different coaches over the decades.

Penn State has had the same DB paradigm for 40 years under Paterno, and none of the DBs produced under this paradigm amounted to anything in the NFL.  Penn State is now two coaches removed from Paterno.  What DBs have they produced?

If Winston went to Florida and played in a bad system or with bad coaches, yes it should be counted against him in evaluating his viability as a football player.

Quote:It's NOT a dumb way of thinking.

Who, besides Penn St coaches and the OP, thinks highly of this guy?

What stud DBs have Penn State successfully recruited since Paterno left?

Programs that traditionally produce studs at certain positions have done so when coaches have changed.

The University of Miami has produced studs at RB (Chuck Foreman, Ottis Anderson, Edgerrin James, Frank Gore, etc.) over the years irrespective of the coach.

USC has produced a plethora of studs at S (Ronnie Lott, Tim McDonald, Polamalu) and OL (Yary, munoz, Boselli) with different coaches over the decades.

Penn State has had the same DB paradigm for 40 years under Paterno, and none of the DBs produced under this paradigm amounted to anything in the NFL. Penn State is now two coaches removed from Paterno. What DBs have they produced?

If Winston went to Florida and played in a bad system or with bad coaches, yes it should be counted against him in evaluating his viability as a football player.

You're clueless.

if that's what you call logic, I feel sorry for you.

That simplistic and, I'll say it again, STUPID way of thinking should not exclude a player from your draft board.

What's even more hilarious is that this Amos guy is what, a middle or late round pick?

Played for penn state? He's a DB? Nope lets not even bother scouting him.

Quote:Good thing you're not a scout.
Fine.  Make the argument for him besides simply being better than Evans.

Quote:Quick... Before Dennard last year, name one CB worth a damn from Michigan state.

Cmon bullseye.

Using your "logic"... Teams should've avoided Dennard last year and Waynes this year because they are CBs from Michigan State.

Herb Adderly.

Yes that was LONG LONG ago.  But they at least produced decent safeties over the years despite being a lesser power than PSU.

Name one safety or CB worth anything Penn State ever produced.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM by SuperJville.)

Quote:Fine. Make the argument for him besides simply being better than Evans.

Herb Adderly.

Yes that was LONG LONG ago. But they at least produced decent safeties over the years despite being a lesser power than PSU.

Name one safety or CB worth anything Penn State ever produced.

Like I said, that's not how this works.

If you don't understand that that does not necessarily predict future success or failures, then I really have nothing to discuss with you.

Name one QB from Miami of Ohio prior to Big Ben?

It's so easy to crush your joke of an argument.