Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What needs to be addressed on defense?

Quote:Everyone likes to to talk about offensive lineman, a tight end, vet receiver, etc. and you wouldnt be wrong with any of those things but there is also much to be done on defense.

Starting up front, we need suitable replacements for Bryant and Clemons. They aren't getting any younger so infusing some youth would be nice.

At LBs, we need an otto

As for secondary, were in dire need of a free safety.

So where do you guys think our needs are? when and how do you think these things will be addressed? keep in mind not all of it has to fit in this year.

Sure it would be nice to have young great talent replace the veterans on Defensive line, but looking back last season the DLine was the only thing that played great almost the entire game for every game.

The biggest problem I noticed was with the DBs!   The team was in the top5 for sacks almost the entire season yet last place in INTs and PDs, because the young CBs & Safeties struggled bad.....

If I was GM Dave Caldwell and DT Leonard Williams was available I would draft him at #3, other wise I would try to trade down for an extra 1st round pick and get a CB!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everyone wants to trade down but the likelihood is slim. I like our corners and don't see the point in drafting another. I'd rather they overpay a bit for a solid vet in free agency that can provide some leadership to the young guys. I like Williams and Fowler, but one of the top receivers wouldn't bother me. What would help the secondary would be to somehow upgrade the FS position but I just don't see how.

I think our biggest headache will be trying to upgrade our Free Safety position. It doesn't look too hopeful in the draft, so unless we can pick up a star in free agency (and there might not be the choice we'd hoped for) then we might just have to take a gamble on someone with potential.

Oh, and we also need lots of other players !

Defense:

1)A younger LEO that can take the reins from Clemons and strike fear in the other team.

2)A healthy Marks.

3)A healthy Miller.

4)Ziggy Hood to be a better reserve for Miller, or get a different reserve or even starter-Leonard Williams or Suh.

5)A MLB to take over for Poz.

6)A strong-side linebacker to get after the QB like a Houston.

7)Our Corner-backs to stop getting PD and start getting INTS.

8)Cyprien to show growth to satisfy the doubters, stop missing tackles.

9)A FS to patrol CF and cause turnovers and prevent big plays.