Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will someone take a chance on Dorial Green Beckham in the 1st round?

The guy measured in at 6'5 237 LBS today, he runs a 4.4 and that speed definitely translates to the football field. He was turning into a dominant player at Missouri before he was kicked out of school, Imo, he's the second best receiver prospect since Calvin Johnson and would've been a sure-fire top 5 pick if he wasn't a complete idiot. With that said there's a still a good chance he goes in the 1st round, if he's still on the board in round 2 (I don't think this will happen), the Jaguars (even with their history of idiot receivers) will have a difficult decision to make, this is a once in a generational talent that offers Calvin Johnson/AJ Green playmaking ability right away, if you're David Caldwell do you consider pulling the trigger? If he's still on the board when we're selecting in the 2nd round it could be a ideal scenario for a trade back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The guy measured in at 6'5 237 LBS today, he runs a 4.4 and that speed definitely translates to the football field. He was turning into a dominant player at Missouri before he was kicked out of school, Imo, he's the second best receiver prospect since Calvin Johnson and would've been a sure-fire top 5 pick if he wasn't a complete idiot. With that said there's a still a good chance he goes in the 1st round, if he's still on the board in round 2 (I don't think this will happen), the Jaguars (even with their history of idiot receivers) will have a difficult decision to make, this is a once in a generational talent that offers Calvin Johnson/AJ Green playmaking ability right away, if you're David Caldwell do you consider pulling the trigger? If he's still on the board when we're selecting in the 2nd round it could be a ideal scenario for a trade back.

It would be a tough decision for sure. Imagine the outcry though, if Blackmon and DGB both happened to be suspended at the same time.

In 2013 Auburn played some really good receivers. This included FSU,Alabama and Treadwell. DGB was by far the best we saw. Tall,Huge and extremely fast. Impossible to cover even with a bad QB. If he can lay off the weed he will be the next Bryant of Dallas

2nd rounder?   Yea I think you take him there.  

Quote:It would be a tough decision for sure. Imagine the outcry though, if Blackmon and DGB both happened to be suspended at the same time.

Certainly, but imagine the upside of having these two players on the field at the same time.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2015, 01:53 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:2nd rounder?   Yea I think you take him there.  

I'd be comfortable taking him there as well, the guy has the natural ability to be an all time great.

Quote:In 2013 Auburn played some really good receivers. This included FSU,Alabama and Treadwell. DGB was by far the best we saw. Tall,Huge and extremely fast. Impossible to cover even with a bad QB. If he can lay off the weed he will be the next Bryant of Dallas

Thanks for that perspective, I think he can be better than Dez if his head is screwed on right. there aren't too many receivers that stand 6'5 230+ Lbs that run a 4.4.

Quote:Considered a problem child at Missouri. Suspended twice by Missouri and arrested twice for marijuana-related incidents. Kicked off team at Missouri in April 2014 after details of his alleged role in an alleged burglary were released by Columbia, Mo., police. He allegedly shoved a female student down some stairs during the alleged incident, but no charges were filed. Missed entire 2014 season.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Considered a problem child at Missouri. Suspended twice by Missouri and arrested twice for marijuana-related incidents. Kicked off team at Missouri in April 2014 after details of his alleged role in an alleged burglary were released by Columbia, Mo., police. He allegedly shoved a female student down some stairs during the alleged incident, but no charges were filed. Missed entire 2014 season.

</blockquote>

I think everyone here is aware of his off the field problems, that's why I started the thread in the first place.

Quote:I think everyone here is aware of his off the field problems, that's why I started the thread in the first place.

Well those are reasons I would not draft him. 

Quote:Well those are reasons I would not draft him. 

Fair enough.

The dude threw a woman down a flight of stairs. Is that really the type of person you want on the Jaguars?

Quote:The dude threw a woman down a flight of stairs. Is that really the type of person you want on the Jaguars?

Yes, if this incident makes him a 2nd rounder. Sadly i think management isnt going to take him with our own problem child already in the nest.

Sadly? I'd say "fortunately". This kid is Aaron Hernandez waiting to happen.

I am not saying we need to draft him because WR is the last thing we need. But...............possibly the best upside of anyone in the draft. Any position!

Quote:The dude threw a woman down a flight of stairs. Is that really the type of person you want on the Jaguars?

It'd be hard to pass on a guy that has top 5 value in the second round, I'll leave it at that.

Quote:It'd be hard to pass on a guy that has top 5 value in the second round, I'll leave it at that.
It's easy to pass on a guy who throws women down a flight of stairs. I'll leave it at that.

Quote:It's easy to pass on a guy who throws women down a flight of stairs. I'll leave it at that.

This thread wasn't meant to be a moral debate, if you wouldn’t take the guy just simply say no, stop trying to play the moral policemen. His acts were obviously egregious
, everyone hear understands that.

Wouldn't take him. I think he'll end up being a case of the on the field product not living up to the hype