Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One Guy's Theory: Jags re-signing Ball to play FS?

Quote:Yes....

Hahaha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He was a terrible free safety and has been a good cornerback

This

Quote:Thoughts?
It might work in Madden 2015 but not sure about real life.

Quote:Thats completely flase!

All Rahim Moore does is play centerfield. 5 picks in regular season/postseason combined (Most if not all deep down the field). 10 picks his senior season. 

He doesn't tackle well and is [BAD WORD REMOVED] to come up to make a hit.

That's why Denver had TJ Ward to come in the box.

Am I missing something?

Every game i have watched of Denver, Moore  played very deep.

Honestly, someone correct me if i am wrong. 

He probably forgot to include the word "good" in there. As in Rahim Moore is not a good centerfield safety. Admittedly, I've only watched a few Denver games, but everything I've heard from their fans about him is that he's an average free safety. Sure he plays downfield, but doesn't have the speed or intuition of a very good free safety like McCourty. This leads to him tackling wideouts 15-20 yards downfield instead of routinely breaking up the pass.

Two points:

1. Shack nailed it on Ball. He played FS for a season in Houston and was forgettable.

2. Take it from someone who saw most of Denver's games last season by virtue of living there, Moore is as overrated as they come. He's slow to the ball, he takes bad angles, and he's made to look a hundred times better simply because of the players around him. In Denver's defense, he's ok because he's got two all-pro corners and a stud safety around him making up for him in coverage. On a less-accomplished team where he'd have to be the centerpiece, like the Jags, he'd quickly be exposed for the liability he is. I've made this comparison before and I'll make it again: Rahim Moore is the Zane Beadles of the Broncos' secondary.

Quote:Yes....
Gracias

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

So "Jags talking to Ball's agent"  (and several others pending FA's reps) at the combine = Position Change

:no:  :no:

Combine week is when many of these meetings typically take place.  No need to make more of it.  Ball played better than anyone expected - and if they can agree on a price - he'll be back.  Even if he doesn't win a starting job - he'd be great depth.  AT CORNER. 

I think it's more likely that a team more desperate at the position lures him with a slightly better paycheck, but we'll see soon enough. 

Moore is an upgrade over Evans, from a pass protection standpoint.  He is not a good run defender. I don't see Ball going to free safety.

Every one wants a TE or RB in round 2 but its entirely possible our first 2 picks in the draft are both defensive.

DE rd1 and then FS rd2 is a possibility.

Also moore is possibly worse then Evans given what he has surrounding him in denver. You put evans in denver and you get Rahim Moore. You put Rahim Moore in jacksonville and youll probably get Don Carey.

Quote:Every one wants a TE or RB in round 2 but its entirely possible our first 2 picks in the draft are both defensive.

Also moore is possibly worse then Evans given what he has surrounding him in denver. You put evans in denver and you get Rahim Moore. You put Rahim Moore in jacksonville and youll probably get Don Carey.
While I would love Maxx Williams at the top of round 2, I would also be happy with LB Bernardrick McKinney there-or a good FS.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Every one wants a TE or RB in round 2 but its entirely possible our first 2 picks in the draft are both defensive.

I'm not sure there is a FS deserving of the top of round 2 (not sure there is a FS worthy of being drafted.). Not even Prewitt.

Quote:I'm not sure there is a FS deserving of the top of round 2 (not sure there is a FS worthy of being drafted.). Not even Prewitt.

There are a couple corners (Shaw, Rowe, perhaps others) that could be worth a look at FS (but not necessarily top of 2.)  But you bring up an interesting point.  I feel it's going to take a lot of homework with this DB draft crop, IMO.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I say we pick up Ed Reed. Man can really teach the guys something, work ethic, studies, and how to be a pro. Help get us some pick sixs. 

Quote:I say we pick up Ed Reed. Man can really teach the guys something, work ethic, studies, and how to be a pro. Help get us some pick sixs. 
That'd be a great idea if Ed Reed hadn't fallen off a cliff physically and retired from the NFL.

Quote:There are a couple corners (Shaw, Rowe, perhaps others) that could be worth a look at FS (but not necessarily top of 2.)  But you bring up an interesting point.  I feel it's going to take a lot of homework with this DB draft crop, IMO.
Gerod Holliman, Landon Collins both have size and good speed. Give me Holliman with our top pick. Its better to have a great corner playing FS than a mediocre tweener. Holliman is one of those Miami natives, I love em in the pros.

Quote:That'd be a great idea if Ed Reed hadn't fallen off a cliff physically and retired from the NFL.

I hear Ronnie Lott hasn't been signed yet.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Give me Holliman with our top pick.

And the award for "Biggest Homer of 2015" goes to...

Biggest homer? He went to Louisville and is the Jim Thorpe winner for Christ's sake. I just said I like Miami natives, because of the pool of talent from around South Florida, Deion Sanders, Fred Taylor, ect. I would say the Jim Thorpe winner is a potentially viable FS pick if I lived in Maine and the Pats were my team.

On edge today?