Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Player you don't want to draft.

Name a player(s) and why that you don't want to see in a jaguars uniform next year.

Mariota - gimmick offense

Winston - nutcase

Gordon - he flashes Jamaal Charles play making but he can't pass protect and I think would get hurt too often.

Ray - not big enough to play Leo for us and not athletic enough to improve our linebacking group. (He's definitely athletic but I wouldn't see him ever being a ten sack guy for us)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How is Ray not big enough to play leo?

The only definitive player at this time is Winston. If we were to draft him, I would throw my laptop through my tv, so that neither could haunt me ever again. Luckily, my tv and laptop should be safe.

Right now Id jsut say no to the QBs at the top of the draft.

Quote:Name a player(s) and why that you don't want to see in a jaguars uniform next year.

Mariota - gimmick offense

Winston - nutcase

Gordon - he flashes Jamaal Charles play making but he can't pass protect and I think would get hurt too often.

Ray - not big enough to play Leo for us and not athletic enough to improve our linebacking group. (He's definitely athletic but I wouldn't see him ever being a ten sack guy for us)

My issue with Melvin Gordon is where he went to school. Wisconsin running backs traditionally suck in the NFL.

Ray and Gordon for me too. 

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2015, 01:00 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Don't Draft:

RB Mack Brown (UF)

I know it's tempting after seeing what Emmit & Freddie T did in the NFL but I don't think Mack Brown will be as successful.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2015, 02:19 AM by wg171.)

No to Gregory and Ray. Both are too light to play Leo imo. Also no to Gordon.

Don't want Ray. I'm still a little sketched out by Fowler. Don't take the QBs obviously. And I would be baffled by a high pick on a WR.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:No to Gregory and Ray. Both are too light to play Leo imo. Also no to Gordon.
Leo is about length more than weight, though. Gregory has tons of length, good hands, and good burst...fantastic Leo candidate if we developed him there. He is also quoted as saying he can/will easily put on 20-30 more lbs but isn't right now cause he wants to wait until his new team tells him exactly how they want him to be built. 

Quote:Leo is about length more than weight, though. Gregory has tons of length, good hands, and good burst...fantastic Leo candidate if we developed him there. He is also quoted as saying he can/will easily put on 20-30 more lbs but isn't right now cause he wants to wait until his new team tells him exactly how they want him to be built.

Hey KY what's your opinion on Armstead? I would look at him more but you know my predicament right now... I trust your takes, have you looked at him much?
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Don't want Ray. I'm still a little sketched out by Fowler. Don't take the QBs obviously. And I would be baffled by a high pick on a WR.
not sure what makes you sketched out about Fowler, he is the most complete player in the draft IMO and has no weakness. Almost every other player in the draft has some type of weakness. Fowler to me, has the highest floor of all the defensive players.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2015, 08:18 AM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Hey KY what's your opinion on Armstead? I would look at him more but you know my predicament right now... I trust your takes, have you looked at him much?
Yeah I have watched/posted on here about his 3 games on DB last week after I saw he was #8 on Kiper's last mock and compared on twitter to the closest thing this draft has to Ansah. 

I don't agree so much with the Ansah comps because he doesn't have that speed, but he is extremely long and strong. I would compare him to someone like Oakman, Coples, or Brockers before the Rams had him put on all that weight. I like him and see how some people are enamored with his traits cause they are loud, but I didn't see it translate to a whole lot of production. 

Overall, I tentatively rank him in the tier behind Gregory and Fowler but I also wouldn't argue with anyone who did have him with them. He is obviously a completely different player, but I would rather have him than Ray and probably slightly behind Beasley. 

Oh yeah, I also saw McShay gushing about Armstead on twitter this morning (I especially noticed his point about being late off the snap randomly sometimes when I was watching): 

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13  3h3 hours ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Ore DE A Armstrong's skill set (length, power from ground up, and violent hands) translates better to NFL than other "edge" guys in 2015...

I know A. Armstead is self motivated, but need to dig more on fire for game + FB character. 6-8 snaps per game where he's late off snap...

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">If convinced he's driven to be great at next level, I'd take Armstead over Ray, Fowler, Gregory. Don't want to hear about 2.5 sacks, either

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Look at top sack guys in NFL. Common thread: All capable of winning with power -Watt, Houston, Mario, JPP, Suggs, Quinn... You get the point

AJ Johnson

Ray - too light for LEO, probably needs to be 3-4 OLB.

I'm cooling more on Gregory due to injury bug.  But not sure if that's just pre-draft smoke.  If a true concern, Fowler looking more like the safer bet.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2015, 11:50 AM by pirkster.)

Quote:Don't want Ray. I'm still a little sketched out by Fowler. Don't take the QBs obviously. And I would be baffled by a high pick on a WR.

I could understand if Cooper is the pick.

Don't expect it, but it's possible he could be graded there.  Also would certainly depend on who's off the board.  I don't think he'll go far behind us.  I'm not 100% confident we've got our long term #1 WR on the team.  If we draft him, we would.

** EDIT **

To add to this thought, say Winston is off, then go Fowler and Williams (supposing those are our top rated guys)... then someone calls us for moving out for Mariota.  Moving out makes it an even greater possibility.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Ray, but for different reasons.  I think the size is okay for a LEO, but I am afraid he's just a one-trick pony that if he can't beat a guy with his speed, he's already out of the play.

I don't want to draft a WR high.  We could much rather use a D-lineman/OLB and the top of the draft is stacked there.  Only exception is if we traded way back into the teens or further that we draft Maxx Williams but he'd be a TE of course not a WR.

Shane Ray's draft comparison compares him to our very own LEO Chris Clemons...

sooo..... 

Quote:Ray - not big enough to play Leo for us and not athletic enough to improve our linebacking group. (He's definitely athletic but I wouldn't see him ever being a ten sack guy for us)

Player I don't want to draft: Gurley 

Hype, injury, RB not a pressing need, imo

If we drafted a QB in the first 3 rounds I'd be mad. Too many holes to be wasting a pick on a QB.