Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Totally agree with Pete Prisco - Sign Suh draft Fowler

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...66f4553630

You want a nasty Seattle type defense, these two players getting after the QB ruthless and are relentless 

Like he said Suh will make everybody better the other DT, the DE's the LB which will make the DBs better 

We have the cap room and we have to spend the money, if he hits the market get the guy 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Signs are pointing to Detroit resigning Suh.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Draft Fowler yes. Just don't see them spending that kind of cash on Suh.

I'd love the combo of Suh and Fowler but am afraid Suh may not make it to Free Agency. I think Detroit gets a deal done before the deadline. If he does make it to Free Agency, I think he is the no.1 target in Dave's book

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 06:29 PM by Stigma.)

Everybody assumes that the Titans will take Leonard Williams if they don't trade out of Pick, but today their GM suggested they really need to find an OLB that can pressure the passer and right now the hot name is Dante Fowler as the new Justin Houston. Do not be surprised if the Titans take one of the OLB candidates in Randy Gregory, Shane Ray or the aforementioned Danter Fowler.

The Titans system is set up to showcase the OLBs and as good as Leonard Williams is, he may peak at 10 sacks per year, where these other OLB candidates can collect sacks in the teens and that is why their system is set up that way.

If Dick LeBeau is bringing the Steeler 3-4 system or at least attempting to augment the Titans version of it, then note it is the LBs that get all the glory and such a system needs a lot of them.

So again, it seems to me that the Titans will look at an Aldon Smith clone in Randy Gregory or a Justin Houston look alike in Dante Fowler and pass on Leonard Williams.

To me, I want the Jags to sign Jerry Hughes of Buffalo in Free Agency, then draft Leonard Williams with Pick 3.

One thing about Fowler is, unlike Gregory/Ray, he's got the size that pass rushers taken in the top 5 typically should have.

Or let's sign Justin Houston and draft Leonard. Assuming Houston hits FA.

Quote:One thing about Fowler is, unlike Gregory/Ray, he's got the size that pass rushers taken in the top 5 typically should have.

Unlike Gregory? Gregory is 6'6 and 245 with crazy long arms. Fowler, although I would love the Jags to take him won't even make 6'3.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 06:53 PM by Stigma.)

No way, does what Randy Gregory weigh now impact whether or not the Jags draft him. Ultimately, I think Randy Gregory will be the dominant player but it may take his 2nd or 3rd year to begin to really show what he is capable of doing. Dave Caldwell will be drafting for what the player ultimately will become not what he offers his rookie season.

I would rather Devin McCourty than Suh.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jaguarscom_LIVE_Pete_Prisco/56d89ffd-4861-492f-b3ea-b766f4553630'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jaguarscom_LIVE_Pete_Prisco/56d89ffd-4861-492f-b3ea-b766f4553630</a>

You want a nasty Seattle type defense, these two players getting after the QB ruthless and are relentless

Like he said Suh will make everybody better the other DT, the DE's the LB which will make the DBs better

We have the cap room and we have to spend the money, if he hits the market get the guy
the secondary is what makes that Sea. defense so great

I would not be opposed to this at all.  Suh is a dominant, game-changing player and we have the cap space to sign him.  

That doesn't mean we can't sign other free agents either, especially if we cut some over paid players like Poz, Lewis, etc. 

Suh and Williams/Fowler. Add to shopping cart.

I would stay away from Suh... i think he has already peaked in Detroit. Build this team from the draft and don't bother with problem players.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I'm good with that.  Even if Suh resigns with Detroit, getting Fowler is going to help us out quite a bit.  Agreed with flgatorsandjags though about McCourty having more priority over Suh as our D-line is solid whereas our FS position is awful.

Gregory had two surgeries this year.  I have concerns about his long term durability.  I want Williams.  If Williams is gone that means a QB is still on the board.  Trade down to Jets for 1st and 2nd and take Fowler there.

Quote:I would rather Devin McCourty than Suh.

To play DT?

Quote:To play DT?
yes, NT

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 08:47 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:the secondary is what makes that Sea. defense so great

You're both right.

Their safeties, particularly the versatility and style, give them tremendous flexibility in play calling.  That gives them the means to bring pressure from anywhere and everywhere.

Ditto their front line.  An anchor tackle and anchor end paired with a rush end and penetrating tackle.

It's a perfect matching of talent to a specific scheme.  Without which none of it would work.  They have the right players in the right positions that allows them to make plays.

If the front seven weren't so disruptive, I certainly don't think their corners would look as special as some believe they are.  But they certainly feed off one another.  Few teams play with as much confidence.  IMO, their pair of safeties is the heart and soul of their secondary and wouldn't be the same without them.  I don't feel the same about their corners.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Here's a question that I would be interested in your input on.

If Ndamukong Suh hits the open market without being Tagged,  what is the approximate best contract offer you would be comfortable with the Jaguars making to him/ agent Jimmy Sexton?