Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Demetrius McCray one of the best in the league.

'Demetrius McCray Ranks Among Top Cornerbacks in the NFL' interesting read. I was real surprised at how well he played this year and believe with Colvin and him, we could have our corner stones in the secondary. Now all we need is a great FS to see if Cyprian will play out.

http://blackandteal.com/2015/02/17/demet...backs-nfl/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Cyprien, but Evans had nothing to do with him missing tackles, and taking bad angles. 

So, we don't need Maxwell?

Quote:So, we don't need Maxwell?

We don't "need" him, but he'd definitely be an upgrade on the other side opposite Dmac. He'd be my plan C for free-agency, in that I'd pursue players in other "need" positions first. But if we strike out on those players, then I'd look at other "luxury" upgrades.

Quote:We don't "need" him, but he'd definitely be an upgrade on the other side opposite Dmac. He'd be my plan C for free-agency, in that I'd pursue players in other "need" positions first. But if we strike out on those players, then I'd look at other "luxury" upgrades.
Yeah, but most think that Colvin is the guy, or potentially the guy. It's just funny how most experts have us either drafting or signing a CB biggest it is one of our "biggest" needs.

"Great job, kid! Now don't get cocky"

Kinda' old news to many of us, but yeah, McCray played very well most of his snaps.  The single stat is a little misleading, but McCray is a good young corner.  May be a starter in 2015. 

(He'll need to improve in run support and tackling when his man isn't the target. He showed some weakness in those situations in 2014)

Quote:Yeah, but most think that Colvin is the guy, or potentially the guy. It's just funny how most experts have us either drafting or signing a CB biggest it is one of our "biggest" needs.

Thrusting guys who "potentially" can be the guy is the reason we've struggled over the past two years. Just because they can be that doesn't mean they will be. We have more pressing needs than CBs, but there really isn't a position on this team that isn't a "need", by its definition. Every position can be upgraded, some just less dire as others.

IMO, there's also a difference between addressing "needs" via FA and draft. The benefit of FA is supposed to be that you've seen these guys against NFL level competition and know what they can bring to the table, which is something you can't say for those you draft. So when you fill a "need" via free-agency, you "should" be doing just that (as opposed to "potentially" addressing it with a rookie)

Quote:Yeah, but most think that Colvin is the guy, or potentially the guy. It's just funny how most experts have us either drafting or signing a CB biggest it is one of our "biggest" needs.

I wouldn't mind bringing someone in regardless.  You can never have enough help.

That being said, Colvin is the guy to watch.  He's poised to break out as a starting corner.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Sick of hearing Evans being the scapegoat for all of Cypriens mess-ups.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Sick of hearing Evans being the scapegoat for all of Cypriens mess-ups.

This.

Misleading. Like him a lot but the QB rating tells the true story. Almost double the likes of Sherman and Harris Jr. But I love his aggressiveness when in bump and run......Like him on the left more though....thought he played better there

Quote:Sick of hearing Evans being the scapegoat for all of Cypriens mess-ups.
Truth hurts maybe? All is certainly extreme, but when you are playing out of position because you are trying to play 2 positions, you will get caught between and make mistakes.

Quote:Truth hurts maybe? All is certainly extreme, but when you are playing out of position because you are trying to play 2 positions, you will get caught between and make mistakes.

There is absolutely no proof that he was trying to play two positions.

Quote:There is absolutely no proof that he was trying to play two positions.
Unfortunately, I can not find the articles that explained what I am trying to say, so at this point I am making unsubstantiated claims. I wish I could find them because I remember the exact line, "Cyprien was not able to play as close to the line as he would like. Due to questionable play from the FS position, Cyprien had to play deeper to avoid the long pass play."

Quote:Truth hurts maybe? All is certainly extreme, but when you are playing out of position because you are trying to play 2 positions, you will get caught between and make mistakes.

Just give it up. He's not trying to play 2 positions. He can't even play his own right.

Maybe we can say Evans will be better once he gets a competent SS next to him? That argument is just as valid as yours.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Thats encouraging. I didn't know he was playing that well. I'd like to see him shutdown premier WRs or cause some turnovers. With more pressure from the Dline he'll only improve

Quote:Just give it up. He's not trying to play 2 positions. He can't even play his own right.

Maybe we can say Evans will be better once he gets a competent SS next to him? That argument is just as valid as yours.

Josh Evans is literally one of the worst safeties in the league, JC was drafted to be a "in the box" safety similar to Kam Chancellor but has been relegated to playing further off the LOS because of Evans inept range, Wolverjag is right. When we upgrade the FS position Cyp will look a lot better, btw, he actually had a decent year and played well down the stretch, haters are going to hate though.

Quote:Josh Evans is literally one of the worst safeties in the league, JC was drafted to be a "in the box" safety similar to Kam Chancellor but has been relegated to playing further off the LOS because of Evans inept range, Wolverjag is right. When we upgrade the FS position Cyp will look a lot better, btw, he actually had a decent year and played well down the stretch, haters are going to hate though.

This post is particularly hilarious because stats show that JC is too literally one of of the worst safeties in the league.

He played pretty well.  I hope he can keep it up.