Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Mile High Miracle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpE4WtLiIM

There's the original postgame coverage of the Jags win over Denver in 1996. I know that many of us have some great memories about that game and that night, and I'm interested in reading them all. One Bronco fan commented on the video and said that it was the worst loss in Denver's history; and that he couldn't sleep all night and cried a little. LOL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpE4WtLiIM

There's the original postgame coverage of the Jags win over Denver in 1996. I know that many of us have some great memories about that game and that night, and I'm interested in reading them all. One Bronco's fan commented on the video and said that it was the worst loss in Denver's history; and that he couldn't sleep all night and cried a little. LOL.

I remember it very well.  I drove out to the airport that night, but they flew over the stadium first.  The airport was jammed with cars and people were honking their horns and going crazy.  Some personal trivia: I did not VHS tape the Buffalo or Denver games that year since everyone knew we had no chance to win either game.  I did tape the New England game though so that's why we lost.  Just so you know, I'm to blame.  Smile

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Oh yea, Fun times.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 10:01 PM by Dakota.)

The win over Buffalo almost closed down JIA, so they opened the stadium in the event that the Jags beat the Broncos. Nobody was expecting it.

I remember trying to order a pizza from the stadium that night. It didn't happen. That didn't really matter, but it always stood out to me. Trying to order a pizza during the middle of the night at a NFL stadium. Not just anyone gets to try that one.

It's one of those kind of nights you just don't forget.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Still have the VHS of the game and the same postgame somewhere.

A great memory for anybody that experienced it. After the game was over, everyone in our neighborhood gathered outside and we were all like "is this really happening?".

Quote:Still have the VHS of the game and the same postgame somewhere.

A great memory for anybody that experienced it. After the game was over, everyone in our neighborhood gathered outside and we were all like "is this really happening?".
It's really a great shame that neither the Jaguars or Panthers made it to the superbowl that year. Could anyone even have imagined a superbowl involving two new expansion teams, with each team being in only their second year of existence?

Thanks for posting that. I was 7 at the time and could not comprehend what was happening but for some reason I remember that night vividly. Anyone remember where they were when this went down?

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 12:16 AM by D6.)

Quote:It's really a great shame that neither the Jaguars or Panthers made it to the superbowl that year. Could anyone even have imagined a superbowl involving two new expansion teams, with each team being in only their second year of existence?

The closest thing in my lifetime that I can think of in terms of an expansion team having the success level that the Jaguars and Panthers had in their 2nd seasons is the Milwaukee Bucks winning the 1971 NBA Title in their 3rd season.   This after a 56-26 record in their 2nd season in the NBA.  

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 12:15 AM by Colorado-Jag.)

I almost had a chance to be at that game. The tickets fell through at the last min. I know tons of donkey fans that will say that was their worst loss in their history. I was damn happy after that game.

BLEEDING TEAL IN COLORADO SINCE 95.......GO JAGS

Hick!  What a great night.  I couldn't talk our parents into going down to the stadium that night, but we stayed up and watched it on tv.  Everyone was on such a high.  It was great.

That was Boselli's 2nd year in the league and he talked on the mic like a seasoned vet.  Not shocking that he has made a career of talking on the mic.

Quote:That was Boselli's 2nd year in the league and he talked on the mic like a seasoned vet. Not shocking that he has made a career of talking on the mic.
Sarcasm?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I was there!  14th row, 50 yard line!   

Had actually busted my thumb skiing the weekend before and was rocking a light cast/wrap that was blue-ish in color.  Everyone kept asking me if it was Bronco blue and I kept saying hell with that it's Jaguar teal.  

Not sure how many have ever caught a came in Denver, or have noticed this while watching on tv, but whenever the opposing team throws an incompletion, the entire crowd yells "IN---COM---PLETE!"  really freaking obnoxious.  Anyways when we went up 10, after that amazing TD throw and catch from Brunell to Jimmy, and Elway was desperately trying to bring the Donkeys back, I kept yelling "in-com-plete" every time he missed on a pass.  I had peanuts, beer, trash, etc... raining down on me from behind.   Made it all the sweeter.

Good memories.

Quote:I had peanuts, beer, trash, etc... raining down on me from behind.   Made it all the sweeter.

Good memories.
Stay classy Denver.