Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Offense or defense?
O
D
[Show Results]

The year is 2020

Fast forward to the future when the jags have a top 5 offense or defense. Trouble is the other unit is bottom 3. While unbalanced they make the playoffs but are one and done in consecutive years.

Would you prefer an offense that needs to score 40+ to win OR an aggressive defense that holds opponents to under 20 every game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fast forward to the future when the jags have a top 5 offense or defense. Trouble is the other unit is bottom 3. While unbalanced they make the playoffs but are one and done in consecutive years.

Would you prefer an offense that needs to score 40+ to win OR an aggressive defense that holds opponents to under 20 every game?
I would go with offense, because that more than likely means that Bortles turned into a franchise QB.

Really :woot:

I went O just because I would like to see us score points again.

Offense, hands down and without question.  Because if the offense is in the top five that means that the once and future king is under center and we would have a window of opportunity to build around him that would last close to another decade.  This franchise has NEVER had that kind of stability.

It's the year 3030, and here in the corporate institute of time, we found out in fact, we came back. We were always coming back

I said offense because a good defense means it's a boring game, I might as well watch baseball.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Who cares as long as we win?

We could win every game 6-3 and if it ends in a SB, wouldn't care at all. Just win.

Can you add another voting option to this? 

I'd like to recommend the following:

"It's 2020, and aPatel06 is still cranking out pointless threads."

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

so it's supposed to be 2020... are we still rebuilding?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

C. Both

Quote:Can you add another voting option to this? 

"It's the year 2020, and FBT is still posting lame insults."

... in the year 2525, if man is still alive, will anyone care about the Jaguars?

Count me in for a great D.   Duval Swag.

All of you are wrong. Its 2015

Ha 2020 I expect to be in full on mad max territory at that point, football please it's all about the thunder dome in 2020
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Can you add another voting option to this?

fo·rum

\ˈfȯr-əm\

noun

: a meeting at which a subject can be discussed

: a place or opportunity for discussing a subject

: a large public place in an ancient Roman city that was used as the center of business

OP is presented as a discussion point. Your response does not further the discussion and only serves your agenda. Your shtick is the same today as it was 10 years ago, and the same it'll be in 10 more years.

Don't get me wrong I'm not insulting you, I'm just describing a dead man, as dead.

It's been proven time, and time again. Even with all the rules changes, Defense rules.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:fo·rum

\ˈfȯr-əm\

noun

: a meeting at which a subject can be discussed

: a place or opportunity for discussing a subject

: a large public place in an ancient Roman city that was used as the center of business

OP is presented as a discussion point. Your response does not further the discussion and only serves your agenda. Your shtick is the same today as it was 10 years ago, and the same it'll be in 10 more years.

Don't get me wrong I'm not insulting you, I'm just describing a dead man, as dead.

And I was describing dumb as dumb.  Mind numbingly pointless in fact.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:And I was describing dumb as dumb.  Mind numbingly pointless in fact.

I'm glad to see TMD live on through you.

Back on topic, it's hard to swallow but the Jaguars aren't going from bottom feeder to dynasty.  

In the OP I didn't reference 2020 as a year but more so a play on hindsight and foresight.  It's more reasonable to assume when this team makes the playoffs it'll be one of eleven and not one of twelve.  Which, given the state of the franchise, I'd be very happy with.  

Personally, put me down for prolific offense, though I really would enjoy to see a smashmouth D back in Duval.  It's been too painful to watch incompetent offenses for the last 5 years.