Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
In defense of Jedd Fisch

Many of you may recall that I posted a thread mid-season about Jedd Fisch and the simple fact that he was not contributing to the development of the offense.  In the interest of being balanced, I would like to take the time to rise in his defense. 

In reality, It's not JUST Jedd Fisch, I think this might be the most over coached league in the world!

Darrell bevel is 1 yard away from being at the top of the list when head coaching vacancies next season.  With under a minute to go from the one yard line with the season on the line, you decide to try and get into a personnel chess match with the best coach in football.  Forget run or pass.  In far too many situations offensive coordinators will completely destroy the rhythm of a game trying to run on and off with personnel packages.  In that same game when Kearse made the catch on the sideline they wound up having to use a time  out to get set up for the play from the five yard line and ran the risk of the play being reviewed.  I've seen ben Roethlisberger having to wave todd haley off when he's trying to send on recievers while ben is running down to get a snap off before a challenge flag comes out. 

I remember on the emory and henry type formation when Marquis lee scored the long touchdown from blake.  Yeh, the formation took the safety away from his side, but Lee BLEW PAST a corner in OFF MAN coverage.  That tells me that every time you saw single high safeties or man coverage then you're taking five steps and you're throwing the deep fade.  was that a staple of our offense?  no.  You had Toby gherhart a true power back running outside zone & stretch.  It made me sick. Allen hurns was blazing down field and beating guys on double moves, let's stop scoring touchdowns and come up with a thirty syllable code word for a 2 yard hitch route. 

It's not just jedd and not just offensive coordinators.  Brandon Browner had to save the superbowl by begging his position coach to let him cover the 6-5 receiver that was mossing the patriots smaller DB's.  For some reason Matt Patricia let Jamie Collins sit on an island against Marshawn Lynch in the final two minutes of a game and not have Devin McCourty cheat to his side.  I sat and watched on sound FX as PETE CARROLL called out that Brady was going DIRECTLY to Rob Gronkowski (best career trajectory of any TE...  like ever) against KJ Wright before halftime and again, not having Earl Thomas creep over he top. 

Brandon Williams is an up and coming DT from Southern Mississippi playing currently for the RAVENS, he had 9 sacks at 340 his senior year.  ULTRA... ULTRA athletic.  I remember watching the senior bowl and he laid down a SWEET spin move against a guard in one on one pass rush drills and blew right past him.  Do you know what his position coach from the senior bowl said?  "Are you a finesse player or a power player"  in other words, don't worry about getting by the guard because you're quicker and faster, just go straight down the middle and make sure he can get his hands on you because real men bull rush. 

Jedd Fisch is a symptom of a culture that thinks that coming up with some 8 inch think book is more important than playing to the strengths of your players!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What did I just read?!

Quote:What did I just read?!

I second that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

How was that a defense of Jedd Fisch? I'm genuinely confused.

Quote:How was that a defense of Jedd Fisch? I'm genuinely confused.
It wasn't.

It was just a person rambling on about nothing.

Quote:It wasn't.

It was just a person rambling on about nothing.
That's what I thought. Awfully long ramble.

Fisch was a gamble that lost.

He was of the x's and o's trump the Jimmys and the Joes mentality.

And that is why he failed.

He never had much accomplishment at OC at any level.

Fell out of my chair to hear he's with Harbaugh.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2015, 07:51 PM by jayy.)

didnt read but i was in favor of keeping fisch so blake wont have to learn a new offense in his 2nd year especially  after it was planned  that hes supposed to sit his rookie season.  i think it will hinder his development. 

Fisch sucks, he's someone else problem now. 

I got through about three sentences and decided that the OP needed to find something more constructive to do with their time.....,

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Seems like some on this board struggle with reading comprehension. Well written post TC. I don't know if it is over coaching as maybe ego getting in the way with some of these guys.

Why are people starting threads about Fisch? He's gone!! Let's deal with what we have now! 2014 is in the books.

Quote:Many of you may recall that I posted a thread mid-season about Jedd Fisch and the simple fact that he was not contributing to the development of the offense.  In the interest of being balanced, I would like to take the time to rise in his defense. 

In reality, It's not JUST Jedd Fisch, I think this might be the most over coached league in the world!

Darrell bevel is 1 yard away from being at the top of the list when head coaching vacancies next season.  With under a minute to go from the one yard line with the season on the line, you decide to try and get into a personnel chess match with the best coach in football.  Forget run or pass.  In far too many situations offensive coordinators will completely destroy the rhythm of a game trying to run on and off with personnel packages.  In that same game when Kearse made the catch on the sideline they wound up having to use a time  out to get set up for the play from the five yard line and ran the risk of the play being reviewed.  I've seen ben Roethlisberger having to wave todd haley off when he's trying to send on recievers while ben is running down to get a snap off before a challenge flag comes out. 

I remember on the emory and henry type formation when Marquis lee scored the long touchdown from blake.  Yeh, the formation took the safety away from his side, but Lee BLEW PAST a corner in OFF MAN coverage.  That tells me that every time you saw single high safeties or man coverage then you're taking five steps and you're throwing the deep fade.  was that a staple of our offense?  no.  You had Toby gherhart a true power back running outside zone & stretch.  It made me sick. Allen hurns was blazing down field and beating guys on double moves, let's stop scoring touchdowns and come up with a thirty syllable code word for a 2 yard hitch route. 

It's not just jedd and not just offensive coordinators.  Brandon Browner had to save the superbowl by begging his position coach to let him cover the 6-5 receiver that was mossing the patriots smaller DB's.  For some reason Matt Patricia let Jamie Collins sit on an island against Marshawn Lynch in the final two minutes of a game and not have Devin McCourty cheat to his side.  I sat and watched on sound FX as PETE CARROLL called out that Brady was going DIRECTLY to Rob Gronkowski (best career trajectory of any TE...  like ever) against KJ Wright before halftime and again, not having Earl Thomas creep over he top. 

Brandon Williams is an up and coming DT from Southern Mississippi playing currently for the RAVENS, he had 9 sacks at 340 his senior year.  ULTRA... ULTRA athletic.  I remember watching the senior bowl and he laid down a SWEET spin move against a guard in one on one pass rush drills and blew right past him.  Do you know what his position coach from the senior bowl said?  "Are you a finesse player or a power player"  in other words, don't worry about getting by the guard because you're quicker and faster, just go straight down the middle and make sure he can get his hands on you because real men bull rush. 

Jedd Fisch is a symptom of a culture that thinks that coming up with some 8 inch think book is more important than playing to the strengths of your players!
But why even bring it up? What is the justification of defending someone who doesn't have anything to do with the organization any longer? 

Quote:Many of you may recall that I posted a thread mid-season about Jedd Fisch and the simple fact that he was not contributing to the development of the offense.  In the interest of being balanced, I would like to take the time to rise in his defense. 

Who?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The initial post should have read like this:

In defense of Jedd Fisch:

1) He had numerous rookies starting

2) He had numerous rookies starting

3) See #1 & #2 above.

Quote:I remember on the emory and henry

I remember that song .... wasn't it Ebony and Ivory?

No no no I think it was "Black or White" 

It was the unbalanced line formation where you had two or three offensive lineman line up in a two point stance (while still being ineligible in the formation) bunched with the receivers to the left of the formation.  I used the term emory and henry because it was the name of a similar concept used by the Florida Gators during the Spurrier years.   

Quote:Seems like some on this board struggle with reading comprehension. Well written post TC. I don't know if it is over coaching as maybe ego getting in the way with some of these guys.
This was my thought I don't understand why the people couldn't understand the thread it's quite simple..

I agree with the thread I do think people over think things a little to much.

I also agree a lot has to do with ego.

Why is this thread still here? It has nothing to do with the Jags since Fisch is no longer a part of this team.

The problem with the OP is that he goes off into weird tangents and just throws in random people that have nothing to do with the Jags.