Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com Offseason Forecast

What they need

It would be easier to list what they don't need. The offensive line is solid at guard, but was overwhelmed at tackle and center. For the second straight year, the defense was noticeably lacking in [BLEEP]-kitty pass rushers. Bradley could also use an upgrade opposite Dwayne Gratz at cornerback and a pass-catching successor to Lewis at tight end.

Anyone who follows the team remotely let alone professionally knows who demetrius McCray and Luke bowanko are

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everything they said was correct. 

It definitely sounds like an article that was written without viewing the team. I mean he is worried about putting a corner opposite Gratz, where Gratz has basically lost the starting role.

Quote:It definitely sounds like an article that was written without viewing the team. I mean he is worried about putting a corner opposite Gratz, where Gratz has basically lost the starting role.
I agree. Colvin and McCray should be the starters unless we sign Maxwell.

Quote:I agree. Colvin and McCray should be the starters unless we sign Maxwell.

I know most say we have bigger concerns than Maxwell, but I can't deny I would love to see him opposite of Colvin with Gratz and McCray as solid backups and used in certain packages.

Quote:I know most say we have bigger concerns than Maxwell, but I can't deny I would love to see him opposite of Colvin with Gratz and McCray as solid backups and used in certain packages.
I agree. Colvin and McCray could compete for the other outside spot though.

Quote:What they need

It would be easier to list what they don't need. The offensive line is solid at guard, but was overwhelmed at tackle and center. For the second straight year, the defense was noticeably lacking in [BAD WORD REMOVED]-kitty pass rushers. Bradley could also use an upgrade opposite Dwayne Gratz at cornerback and a pass-catching successor to Lewis at tight end.

Anyone who follows the team remotely let alone professionally knows who demetrius McCray and Luke bowanko are
I think that there's a decent chance that the Jags could grab Byron Maxwell in FA to back up Gratz. Remember, he was able to bring Clemmons and Bryant here to Jacksonville; right after they had won the Superbowl. If he can do that, than surely he is capable of bringing a member of the LOB here.

Quote:What they need

It would be easier to list what they don't need. The offensive line is solid at guard, but was overwhelmed at tackle and center. For the second straight year, the defense was noticeably lacking in [BAD WORD REMOVED]-kitty pass rushers. Bradley could also use an upgrade opposite Dwayne Gratz at cornerback and a pass-catching successor to Lewis at tight end.

Completely clueless.

McCray is our best corner right now, Guard is not "solid". I would say "promising". Bowanko was NOT "overwhelmed". We lack pass rushing? Hahahahahaha ha you've got to be kidding me. I know we didn't have a double digit sack guy, but our LIGHTNING package gets the [BLEEP] after it!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 03:02 PM by Caldrac.)

He didn't do his homework enough. He was right about the tackles and the left guard position. That's about it. Bowanko and Linder were the two bright spots on the line last year. As far as the pass rushing situation. We were tied for 6th with the Jets in sacks this past season and tied for third in the AFC with the Jets. We got it done with group effort and no offensive assistance whatsoever. If the offense could actually sustain a drive with the running game and control the scoreboard a bit more we'd see more games like we saw last year in the 1st half against the Eagles and the 2nd half agains the Giants. And more individual effort and awesome games like we saw from Telvin Smith and Ryan Davis.

It's obvious the majority of the effort needs to go towards the offense this year with some veteran players installed in the secondary. We added veterans to the defensive line last year and it worked wonders. Now we need a FS and a CB to come in and do the same thing this year for our defense. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Caldwell use his first three selections on the offensive side of the football. His future is riding on Bortles success. Polian built an offense around Manning. Wolf built an offense around Rodgers. You have to invest in pass protection and you have to invest in the skill positions early to be succesful.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Around the NFL is forecasting the offseason for all 32 teams. This is Chris Wesseling's take on ours:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...le-jaguars

Quote:I think that there's a decent chance that the Jags could grab Byron Maxwell in FA to back up Gratz. Remember, he was able to bring Clemmons and Bryant here to Jacksonville; right after they had won the Superbowl. If he can do that, than surely he is capable of bringing a member of the LOB here.

Gratz would back up Maxwell.

Sunny with a chance of free agents.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

FTA: Bradley could also use an upgrade opposite Dwayne Gratz at cornerback.

The moron misspelled "Demetrius McCray."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Sunny with a chance of free agents.

Looks good to me. It will be interesting to see which free agents we get.

Do you agree with the article I posted?

It's disturbing to see that Poz and Lewis eat up 15 million dollars in cap space.  Sick

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I was reading this last night at work and thought this guy is [BLEEP]. He basically took what ESPN said, but then when it came to thinking up his own opinion flopped on his face with that gratz comment. We were what 7th? in sacks or something like that, we were able to get to the QB, it's the INT total that needed to go up, and the common theme is that our D sucked, in the second half of the season our D got a lot better as people started maturing but that seems to be overlooked in all of these. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Looks good to me. It will be interesting to see which free agents we get.

Do you agree with the article I posted?

No, the guy is wrong in his conclusions. This team needs to score, the defense is acceptable if they have help.

The defense was not great.  They were improved but still bad.

Overall they ended up like 25th.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:The defense was not great.  They were improved but still bad.

Overall they ended up like 25th.

You do understand why the rankings ended up where they did, right? No defense can hold up when they're spending most of the game on the field because of an inept offense, but you'd understand that if you actually watched the games and didn't just cling to a stat line.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I agree. Colvin and McCray should be the starters unless we sign Maxwell.
this.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...