Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Sign OT Brennan Williams

He announced it today on his twitter, was a third round pick by Houston a couple years back.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU'><b>Brennan Williams</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@GREATBLACKOTAKU</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU/status/566342191363416064' title="4:04 PM - 13 Feb 2015"><span>3h3 hours ago</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Proud to announce as of today I am healthier than ever and officially a Jaguar! <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/greatblackcomeback?src=hash'>#greatblackcomeback</a> GET FREAKIN HYPE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone know anything about him?  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Good pickup. I hope that this is a sign of bigger things to come in both FA and the draft.

Quote:Anyone know anything about him?  

Williams is exclusively a RT who hasn't played in the NFL since being drafted in 2013 because of injuries.

Here's a link to his draft profile. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/b...id=2539273

Camp fodder

Probable camp fodder, but you always like when we are picking up former 3rd and 4th round picks like this guy, Jeremiah George, and kairi fortt.... Even if one of them turns it around, that would be awesome.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Sam Young and Josh Wells on notice. I'm sure Marrone had a say in this as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Draft profile

Quote:Sam Young and Josh Wells on notice. I'm sure Marrone had a say in this as well.
I think those two (Young especially) have been on notice for a long time now, but any competition that could nudge Young off the roster can't be all bad.

I guess NBC really doesn't want him back.

Quote:I guess NBC really doesn't want him back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKLdou0LH0

What kind of injuries did he have?

former third round pick? I'll take a chance on him. if anything he is here for camp.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 03:49 AM by Bullseye.)

Maybe he could be this regime's Jimmy Smith.

Father a former NFL player..former high draft choice of a Texas team...injury led to release and being away from football for a year.

Long shot to happen, naturally, but wouldn't it be great if it unfolded similarly... sans the substance abuse/dependency issues, of course?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 07:43 AM by Stigma.)

Hey, it couldn't hurt to take a look and kick the tires.

WARNING!!!!

After a little research, I found out that Brennan Williams had the dreaded Microfracture Surgery conducted on his knee his rookie season in 2013 and was not ready to come back in 2014 and thus was waived injured by the Texans.

Apparently he had the surgery on the other knee that was bothering him his rookie season.

It could have been that he was relying on his good leg to compensate for his bad leg and he injured the good leg.

Anyway, Brennan Williams can be treated as an undrafted rookie.

The good part is that he was selected by the Texans for use in their ZBS, so he is athletic. I am assuming that Doug Marrone checked him out prior to signing him so it could be the Jags may not need to draft another ORT.

I assume the Jags will continue to look at the ORT position in Free Agency.

It would be more than ironic if the Jags signed Derek Newton of the Texans, since he is the player Brennan Williams was drafted to replace.

11th Rated OT in 2013 Draft as ranked by NFLDraftScout.com

It's camp competition for Young, Wells, and Pasztor. Caldwell hopes he can get a good right-tackle out of a former third round pick that you really don't know what you have yet because of his injuries. It's worth a shot. This might also be a good indication of how Caldwell feels so far about that position in this year's draftclass.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hmmm....family NFL pedigree, 3rd rd pick, NFL Comp is Gosder Cherlius.  I'm intrigued

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We know he comes in with a clean slate, in as much as he needs lots of coaching to become an NFL starter.

This much we also know, he probably signed for the NFL minimum.

Championship

Can't be worse than Sam Young? Right? Right?