Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Sign OT Brennan Williams

The twitter announcement came from Doug Kyed, a beat writer for the Patriots.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wasn't Alan Ball a year removed form the league when Dave picked him up?

It would be cool if he could hit on another signing like that. If nothing else I like the vigilance it shows in the research and thoroughness of their process in scouting talent.

Quote:Wasn't Alan Ball a year removed form the league when Dave picked him up?

It would be cool if he could hit on another signing like that. If nothing else I like the vigilance it shows in the research and thoroughness of their process in scouting talent.

No. But Will Blackmon may have been.

;

;

Still no confirmation by the Jaguar organization of this signing.

Wonder why?

My guess is it's a delay until he passes the physical.

It must be official, it's showing on Wikipedia

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

That seals it then!

Ryan O confirmed it just now.

Yeah! It's official now.

I have a good feeling about this signing.

I am hoping Brennan Williams is at the very least the backup ORT, but we shall see.

Quote:Yeah! It's official now.

I have a good feeling about this signing.

I am hoping Brennan Williams is at the very least the backup ORT, but we shall see.

Same here, I really like this signing.

It's a no risk signing with a guy that had/has potential, but early injuries derailed him.  It's a good signing.

Quote:Maybe he could be this regime's Jimmy Smith.

Father a former NFL player..former high draft choice of a Texas team...injury led to release and being away from football for a year.

Long shot to happen, naturally, but wouldn't it be great if it unfolded similarly... sans the substance abuse/dependency issues, of course?

That was my immediate thought as well.  Glad to see we're giving guys like that a shot.  In the end, there's no risk.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I like it a lot.  He's probably one of those guys that will either get cut or become our starting RT if he's 100% recovered.  I'd lean towards the former since it's such a tough surgery, but absolutely zero risk.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 06:50 PM by Stigma.)

I think the Jags will end up signing Joe Barksdale and it will then be a battle between Brennan Williams and Joe Barksdale. If Brennan Williams can be the backup or swing OT, then it is all good.

Still not officially announced from the organization....hmmmmm.

So does the Jags signing of Brennan Williams eliminate the need to draft another OT to compete for the ORT spot or does it merely put that off for a year? Perhaps the signing means nothing, but somehow, I do think it means something.

What do you think?

Quote:So does the Jags signing of Brennan Williams eliminate the need to draft another OT to compete for the ORT spot or does it merely put that off for a year? Perhaps the signing means nothing, but somehow, I do think it means something.

What do you think?
It doesn't change anything.  Relying on a guy that has been a bust because of injuries and had microfracture surgery is foolish.

Quote:So does the Jags signing of Brennan Williams eliminate the need to draft another OT to compete for the ORT spot or does it merely put that off for a year? Perhaps the signing means nothing, but somehow, I do think it means something.

What do you think?
It changes nothing. A guy you sign in February as camp fodder does not alter your draft plans.

It just gives them another option if for some reason they weren't able to get any other decent RT to come here.  Just a chance for him to compete for a roster spot in camp.

Jaguars.com finally announced the signing today.