Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
8 killed in Quebec mosque by terrorist

Details VERY slow to emerge about the victims and shooter, but PM says it was a terrorist attack. Sad day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Canadian prime minister who made a big show at the airport to welcome the refugees?

RIP to the victims. Reports are that they were able to capture two suspects and a third may be on the run. If they are the shooters, I hope they put those scumbags under the prison. It guts me a little when innocent people get killed just for doing what they do in their day to day lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/j...ada-deaths

Quote:Canadian prime minister who made a big show at the airport to welcome the refugees?
Yes the only Canadian PM.

So many mixed details about the number of deaths and injured and terrorists, but a horrible, unnecessary tragedy nonetheless.

No doubt will be linked to the executive order by many

Quote:No doubt will be linked to the executive order by many
Everything becomes political and I hate it.

Quote:No doubt will be linked to the executive order by many

I don't see how any logical human being would link the two, but sadly you are right.

Odd, I thought Canada had strict gun laws?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sad to see this kind of tragedy occur time after time. Earlier this month in the Airport, now in Quebec...Glad to see the US putting in a strong and forceful effort to combat radical Islamic terrorism both domestic and abroad.

This is not what this world needs. Sad

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...at-9719882

ID'd the two suspects. A Canadian and a Morrocan. Were shouting "Allahu ackbar" during the shooting. So who knows what their angle was for doing this. They were attacking fellow Muslims if that was what they were actually shouting.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017, 11:56 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Its spreading. I'm glad President Trump is shutting the borders down to these people.

Is trump shutting the borders to Canadians???

Quote:Is trump shutting the borders to Canadians???

Was it on 0bama's list?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

No? But Obama is the worst president ever and trump the best so why would he follow Obama's list? Surely he has his own list. The greatest list

Have you tried to get across the U.S./Canadian border? It's a pain even if you are a legitimate citizen of either. If you can't make it through the airport, you aren't making it through one of the northern border crossings.

Quote:Have you tried to get across the U.S./Canadian border? It's a pain even if you are a legitimate citizen of either. If you can't make it through the airport, you aren't making it through one of the northern border crossings.

That is very true.  Try taking a flight out of a European country or a Middle Eastern country without a passport.  I had to do so with only my military uniform and military ID.  This was long before 9/11 and I imagine that it's even more difficult today.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:That is very true.  Try taking a flight out of a European country or a Middle Eastern country without a passport.  I had to do so with only my military uniform and military ID.  This was long before 9/11 and I imagine that it's even more difficult today.
Try getting flagged for explosives while transitioning through the UAE. DoD ID, NATO orders, and Diplomatic passport be damned! Not a fun few days.

Quote:Try getting flagged for explosives while transitioning through the UAE. DoD ID, NATO orders, and Diplomatic passport be damned! Not a fun few days.

LOL.  People that complain about our lax "security" at airports have never had to travel in foreign countries.  Even with our current "heightened security procedures" it's nothing like the other side of the globe.  Dropped out of high school and need a job?  Apply for a position with TSA.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.