Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Cosell's film work on Blake Bortles and the other rookie QB's

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...24935.html

After reading this article we severely overrated derek car and teddy bridgewater as being franchise QB's. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...24935.html

After reading this article we severely overrated derek car and teddy bridgewater as being franchise QB's. 

My take on TB and Blake were pretty much in agreement with what Cosell's view.

Blake's mechanics as the season wore on became a mess. But he flashed the physical talent. If he can get his mechanics down and not resort to his old habits, he'll be fine.

Bridgewater is what most said he was. The most pro ready of the QB's. The one with the highest floor. But he has limitations.

If he stepped into that throw in the highlight, thats a TD.  Something he will need to learn to do once he gets those mechanics down

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:If he stepped into that throw in the highlight, thats a TD.  Something he will need to learn to do once he gets those mechanics down

The throw to Hurns? That should have been a TD but Hurns bobbled it.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 10:52 AM by Jinjo.)

Arm strength is the most over rated trait in the NFL. It can be made up for by timing and accuracy, which Teddy is great at. 

Makes me sad thinking we could have had Sammy and Teddy. 

Quote:Arm strength is the most over rated trait in the NFL. It can be made up for by timing and accuracy, which Teddy is great at. 

Here's a tissue bro

Quote:The throw to Hurns? That should have been a TD but Hurns bobbled it.

I noticed he did plus he jumped a little early to get it but it was a little behind him to.  Should have been a TD you are right on that

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 11:37 AM by KFL.)

Quote:Arm strength is the most over rated trait in the NFL. It can be made up for by timing and accuracy, which Teddy is great at. 

I dont know, Blake, A-Rob and Lee seem pretty good to think about too

Quote:If he stepped into that throw in the highlight, thats a TD.  Something he will need to learn to do once he gets those mechanics down

Huh? He hit Hurns in stride, dead in the hands. Hurns just bobbled it. It should have been a score.

Quote:I noticed he did plus he jumped a little early to get it but it was a little behind him to.  Should have been a TD you are right on that

It was a good enough throw where that should have been a TD. Hurns had a few like that early in the year.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 11:33 AM by badger.)

The only rookie QB I saw this season that didn't have an "NFL arm" was Manziel.  His balls float in the air forever on intermediate throws.  When he throws 40 yards downfield, he has to put everything into it cause he's small and boyish.

For some reason people bought into the myth that he has a "strong arm".  Ya, it's strong in that it's better than players who don't play QB.

Quote:Makes me sad thinking we could have had Sammy and Teddy.

Well unless we traded up, we couldnt of. Teddy went end of first. And if we're doing hypotheticals, why not ask for Odell Beckham? or Evans.

WOOO Freeney gave Joeckel the business. I'm thankful Blake has that uncanny pocket presence that is really tough to teach.

Quote:I dont know, Blake, A-Rob and Lee seem pretty good to think about too
Exactly.  I think the team did just fine in that trade off.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

go root for another team cry baby. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I agree with his assessment.  It's pretty much what everyone thought at the beginning of the draft.  Bortles was probably the most raw out of the top guys, but easily had the most upside.  His mechanics looked great preseason, so if we can get back to that, which shouldn't be an issue, and get a lot more consistent playing around him, he should bounce back quite nicely next year.

I hope that Jordan Palmer works with Bortles again this off-season.

I wanted Bridgewater before the draft but I'm happy with Bortles.  In the final analysis when their careers are done, Bortles will be thought of as the better player.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Says who, you?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>