Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Restaurant ideas for Valentines day

I want to take my counterpart out somewhere nice but I'm trying to avoid the chain restaurants i.e Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory etc. Money isn't an issue as I would prefer something on the fancier side anyway. She's currently on a crab cake kick (pregnancy cravings) but doesn't want seafood as an entrée so I'm left scratching my head. Any ideas?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Me and mine are going to Popeyes shicken.. Nothing says I like you, like Popeyes biscuits..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 01:41 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse. It's on the high side but hey all you can eat steak, chicken, lamb, and salmon with sides for about $50 a head (minus alcoholic beverages) you really can't beat it.

If you want something less meaty, Oilo is now open on Friday and Saturday nights now. One of the few restaurants other than Fionn MacCools that I like downtown.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Me and mine are going to Popeyes shicken.. Nothing says I like you, like Popeyes biscuits..

We'll if I can pull off this date without a hitch I might be able to put a little honey on my biscuit... B)
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I want to take my counterpart out somewhere nice but I'm trying to avoid the chain restaurants i.e Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory etc. Money isn't an issue as I would prefer something on the fancier side anyway. She's currently on a crab cake kick (pregnancy cravings) but doesn't want seafood as an entrée so I'm left scratching my head. Any ideas?
Jacksonville? 

Black Sheep in 5 points. 

Bistro Aix - San Marco

Medure - Ponte Vedra 

Eleven South - Jax Beach

^  all are on par with joints up here in Manhattan that get great ratings from the real-deal critics

Not sure about the crab cakes, but i like chart house. Pretty interesting architecture and u can get a decent veiw of the river. My gf and i went there last year for our anniversary, probably would have done it again this year but i think that would have been lazy.

Quote:We'll if I can pull off this date without a hitch I might be able to put a little honey on my biscuit... B)
She's pregnant...you've already had your biscuit buttered lately! :thumbsup:

Orsay's is really good too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We're going to Ruth Chris on Friday.  I got a pretty good reservation time.

Thanks day care for parents night out!

I always found that making dinner myself on V-day got me way more rewards than buying dinner..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:She's pregnant...you've already had your biscuit buttered lately! :thumbsup:

Orsay's is really good too.

Lol.

I know right? The lobster pot pie is such a wonderful thing.

Quote:I always found that making dinner myself on V-day got me way more rewards than buying dinner..

Normally that would be my go to. But we haven't really gotten to go out in a while so this would be a change up for us.

As payment for moving my folks into our house we got babysitters for the night! First time out with the wife in 2 years, we went to our big night place longhorn. I'm not gonna lie we splurged I got the 17oz renegade and lobster tail but man was it nice!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:As payment for moving my folks into our house we got babysitters for the night! First time out with the wife in 2 years, we went to our big night place longhorn. I'm not gonna lie we splurged I got the 17oz renegade and lobster tail but man was it nice!

Sounds like you had a nice evening out!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:As payment for moving my folks into our house we got babysitters for the night! First time out with the wife in 2 years, we went to our big night place longhorn. I'm not gonna lie we splurged I got the 17oz renegade and lobster tail but man was it nice!

Sounds nice Eric. Longhorns is one of my favorite spots. The entire wait staff knows be my name I'm there so much. It doesn't hurt that I tip well too I'm sure.

So I ended up taking her to Mitchell's. We had a wonderful time and she enjoyed the crab cakes!