Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After One Season, Bucky Brooks Rates the Jaguars...

Quote:JW how many times a day do you sign in and out of your JW, Swaguars, StroudCrowd1, and Junglecat memberships?

What? I had no idea Swaguars and Stroud were similar to me in opinions, behavior, and posting style. Jungle is banned IIRC. And my website finally saved a password so I don't have to sign in anymore.

OK, let's talk about the great draft class that got an A from many NFL experts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We had a much better draft than the 2013 draft. You can see from the 2013 draft was a sophomore slump year for the players, except for maybe Robinson becoming a legit RB. Our 2014 draft was so much better and will be much better if Blake pans out but I just hope the sophomore slump doesn't hit the players. It seems like the 2014 class is dedicated because Blake, Lee, and Robinson will be working together this offseason, Linder played really good, Bowanko is average but will improve IMO, and Colvin is a star in the making. To really compete next year or the year after we much have a Seahwaks similar draft where they drafted Wilson and all those other impact players and we will be good. 

Quote:So if I start a thread in this forum and people ignore it anyway, people just don't like me. I will try that. Now let's get back to the best draft class in 2014.
You can think that if you chose to. We all have a choice in how we are going to feel. If you gain worth by how many people respond to a post of yours on a message board that's predominately made up of young males, then you're probably looking in the wrong place for a feeling of validation and some warm fuzzies.

Regarding the topic, I think if Bortles end up being the QB we hope he can be, this will be an A in a couple of years regardless of anything else. I think this may end up being one of the best ever, if all goes as planned.

Quote:We had a much better draft than the 2013 draft. You can see from the 2013 draft was a sophomore slump year for the players, except for maybe Robinson becoming a legit RB. Our 2014 draft was so much better and will be much better if Blake pans out but I just hope the sophomore slump doesn't hit the players. It seems like the 2014 class is dedicated because Blake, Lee, and Robinson will be working together this offseason, Linder played really good, Bowanko is average but will improve IMO, and Colvin is a star in the making. To really compete next year or the year after we much have a Seahwaks similar draft where they drafted Wilson and all those other impact players and we will be good. 

New coaches might help players get out of the "sophomore slump" but only time will tell. I wonder if we did a better job last year because David Caldwell was a rookie GM in 2013. Whatever the reason, I am very happy with the selections he made last year.

Quote:Regarding the topic, I think if Bortles end up being the QB we hope he can be, this will be an A in a couple of years regardless of anything else. I think this may end up being one of the best ever, if all goes as planned.

The draft class got an A grade immediately after the last pick. I remember reading we had one of the best draft classes in the NFL last year.

Quote:We had a much better draft than the 2013 draft.
You can see from the 2013 draft was a sophomore slump year for the players, except for maybe Robinson becoming a legit RB. Our 2014 draft was so much better and will be much better if Blake pans out but I just hope the sophomore slump doesn't hit the players. It seems like the 2014 class is dedicated because Blake, Lee, and Robinson will be working together this offseason, Linder played really good, Bowanko is average but will improve IMO, and Colvin is a star in the making. To really compete next year or the year after we much have a Seahwaks similar draft where they drafted Wilson and all those other impact players and we will be good. 

By and large, the 2013 draft is considered a "down" draft Leaguewide. If you look at the players taken even through the Second Round, no one really stands out with the exception of maybe Richardson for NYJ and Bell for Pittsburgh. There is even talk that a Second Round selection - Brown from Baltimore - may be out of the League by this upcoming season.

I write that just to point out that not all draft classes are equal. Some just have less talent available than others.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Classic JW
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 06:04 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:This is exactly the same thing I posted in the AFC South forum andf I got no replies despite over 90 views. Wallbash

Why do posters always reply to another person's thread but not mine? I will only comment on this article in my thread because I posted it first.
maybe because you're almost 40 and still live with your mother while posting on this messageboard. I like you as a person but sometimes Its hard to take you and your post on here seriously because of your childish antics.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Well the article is about the AFC south not just the Jags it probably needs to be moved to the proper forum. then combine the two. Mods >?

Quote:This is exactly the same thing I posted in the AFC South forum andf I got no replies despite over 90 views. Wallbash

Why do posters always reply to another person's thread but not mine? I will only comment on this article in my thread because I posted it first.

It's not that serious

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Colvin gus' guy. I distinctly remember him saying to Colvin at the senior bowl that gus was going to get him.

I love when we have good things said about us... Ill take it Smile

Great thread

Quote:Not according to some posters, who say Gus havent developed any young players 
I don't think he has...yet.  If they still perform like they have next year, I really throw all the blame on him.  I believe Caldwell has done his job, and will continue to bring in the best available players to this team.  I'm sorry, but Gus has yet to produce.  You better believe he is going to feel the heat this season.  Lets just hope this will motivate him to do better than his first 2 seasons.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Well the article is about the AFC south not just the Jags it probably needs to be moved to the proper forum. then combine the two. Mods >?

That's why I posted it there. By having it here, everybody completely ignores the Titans, Texans, and Colts draft classes.

Quote:Great thread
i had to laugh

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Not surprising at all.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Welcome to the 2015 NFL offseason; the best time of year to be a Jaguars fan.

Quote:Welcome to the 2015 NFL offseason; the best time of year to be a Jaguars fan.
I love the offseason! well...not really...but...it does bring more happiness it seems lol