Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After One Season, Bucky Brooks Rates the Jaguars...

Quote:The running game is no longer that important, in my opinion. If shoelace can catch balls out of the backfield and get positive yards, that's just as good.

Look at the teams that made it to the conference championship, besides Seattle, the didn't run the ball all that great...
Baltimore was a top 10 rushing offense (8th) and Green Bay was 11th.

If you go back the year before, Seattle was 4th in rushing, San Francisco was 3rd, and New England was 9th.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015, 11:01 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:This is exactly the same thing I posted in the AFC South forum andf I got no replies despite over 90 views.  Wallbash

Why do posters always reply to another person's thread but not mine? I will only comment on this article in my thread because I posted it first.

I would have replied to a AFC South thread created by JaguarsWoman. Too bad she's not posting any more.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Regarding the topic, I think if Bortles end up being the QB we hope he can be, this will be an A in a couple of years regardless of anything else. I think this may end up being one of the best ever, if all goes as planned.

If Bortles develops from the promise he showed in preseason, this draft could be one of the best ever in NFL history.

Colvin and Smith were huge steals at their slots, and played up to that. Lee, Robinson, and Bowanko have outplayed their slots as rookies. Linder is far better than I ever hoped. Storm Johnson is the only disappointment so far, and there's still a chance he could have a breakout season in the future.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I would have replied to a AFC South thread created by JaguarsWoman. Too bad she's not posting any more.

Yeah, what ever happened to her?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:If Bortles develops from the promise he showed in preseason, this draft could be one of the best ever in NFL history.

Colvin and Smith were huge steals at their slots, and played up to that. Lee, Robinson, and Bowanko have outplayed their slots as rookies. Linder is far better than I ever hoped. Storm Johnson is the only disappointment so far, and there's still a chance he could have a breakout season in the future.
It speaks volumes that a 7th round pick represents a draft's only "disappointment."

My hopes now are...

1.  Olson, Hackett and Co Can develop Blake Bortles into at least a good QB in this year.

2.  That Lee, Robinson and Hurns all pick up the new offense quickly.  Now that they've had a season to go up against NFL defenses and coverages, to learn how NFL DBs play, and how to attack coverages, hopefully it'll translate into learning the offense more quickly and more effective play.

3.  Linder and Bowanko can play effectively in the new blocking schemes.  Linder I'm confident can fit in almost any scheme.  Bowanko, I'm not so confident, thugh he played well last year.

4.  That Colvin and Smith keep doing what they did last year, only more consistently and over the course of a full year.

Quote:It speaks volumes that a 7th round pick represents a draft's only "disappointment."

My hopes now are...

1.  Olson, Hackett and Co Can develop Blake Bortles into at least a good QB in this year.

2.  That Lee, Robinson and Hurns all pick up the new offense quickly.  Now that they've had a season to go up against NFL defenses and coverages, to learn how NFL DBs play, and how to attack coverages, hopefully it'll translate into learning the offense more quickly and more effective play.

3.  Linder and Bowanko can play effectively in the new blocking schemes.  Linder I'm confident can fit in almost any scheme.  Bowanko, I'm not so confident, thugh he played well last year.

4.  That Colvin and Smith keep doing what they did last year, only more consistently and over the course of a full year.

I agree with everything that you posted above and I'd like to add a little perspective to what you are stating:

• If Bortles, Hurns, Lee, and Robinson all develop as you hope, then you are describing probably 75% or more of the production of the Jacksonville passing game for the next seven seasons.
  • If Linder and Bowanko develop as you hope, then you are describing 40% of the Offensive Line for the next seven seasons.
  • If Colvin and Smith develop as you hope, then you are talking about maybe 30% of the Jacksonville Pass Defense for the next seven seasons.

Any one of those is a good haul for an entire draft. To have all of that in one is an enormous boon for the franchise. This, if nothing else, is reason to be excited about the future.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I agree with everything that you posted above and I'd like to add a little perspective to what you are stating:

• If Bortles, Hurns, Lee, and Robinson all develop as you hope, then you are describing probably 75% or more of the production of the Jacksonville passing game for the next seven seasons.
  • If Linder and Bowanko develop as you hope, then you are describing 40% of the Offensive Line for the next seven seasons.
  • If Colvin and Smith develop as you hope, then you are talking about maybe 30% of the Jacksonville Pass Defense for the next seven seasons.

Any one of those is a good haul for an entire draft. To have all of that in one is an enormous boon for the franchise. This, if nothing else, is reason to be excited about the future.
The first bullet point above is why I do not fully understand the desire to add another WR to the mix.

While it is true none of the WRs put up all pro type numbers at the position last year, all showed considerable promise in their rookie seasons with the team.  None of them put up performances that led many to wonder why the team drafted them.  Just compare each of their numbers to the first year numbers of Soward, Reggie Williams and Matt Jones. 

Whatever kind of WR you might want for the team is represented in this group of three as a general rule.

Lee represents the field stretching deep threat.

Robinson represents the big, physical, in route or slant running WR that moves the chains.

Hurns can also get deep, but is also good in intermediate routes.

They just need time to develop.  I think bringing in another receiver, especially using a high pick or a huge FA contract to do so, would be a mistake to a certain degree, even if I like the players brought in.

Quote:If Bortles develops from the promise he showed in preseason, this draft could be one of the best ever in NFL history.

Easy now.....unless you're talking about multiple Hall of Famer's, this class may be very good, but that's a huge leap of faith.

One of these years.............

Quote:The first bullet point above is why I do not fully understand the desire to add another WR to the mix.

While it is true none of the WRs put up all pro type numbers at the position last year, all showed considerable promise in their rookie seasons with the team.  None of them put up performances that led many to wonder why the team drafted them.  Just compare each of their numbers to the first year numbers of Soward, Reggie Williams and Matt Jones. 

Whatever kind of WR you might want for the team is represented in this group of three as a general rule.

Lee represents the field stretching deep threat.

Robinson represents the big, physical, in route or slant running WR that moves the chains.

Hurns can also get deep, but is also good in intermediate routes.

They just need time to develop.  I think bringing in another receiver, especially using a high pick or a huge FA contract to do so, would be a mistake to a certain degree, even if I like the players brought in.

I agree with you to an extent, but there is one player that may be available via Free Agency that I would be okay with the team bringing onto the roster; Larry Fitzgerald. I feel like he is exactly the kind of guy that they would like to have here and I feel like he has the professionalism, work ethic, and production potential that the team would find a way to make room on the roster for him. While I agree with you that you want those three players to develop and get as much playing time as they can, I feel like Larry Fitz would be a boon to the WR corps overall.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I agree with you to an extent, but there is one player that may be available via Free Agency that I would be okay with the team bringing onto the roster; Larry Fitzgerald. I feel like he is exactly the kind of guy that they would like to have here and I feel like he has the professionalism, work ethic, and production potential that the team would find a way to make room on the roster for him. While I agree with you that you want those three players to develop and get as much playing time as they can, I feel like Larry Fitz would be a boon to the WR corps overall.
I guess for his intangibles, Fitz would be a good get....especially if it is a short contract for a good price.

If I wanted pure talent, I'd want Demariyus Thomas from Denver, or Torrey Smith out of Baltimore, though I suspect neither will hit the market.

Quote:I agree mostly, but saying DRob is the best RB isn't saying much.  We need to have a Fred T or MJD back there before this team can be successful.  DRob is no game changer.  Dude has speed, and did well in scrambling in college, which I think has helped in here.

yea I agree, but there are some people who says we dont need a RB and are fine with Drob, Toddman and Toby, which is crazy, we need a great running game to help Blake, until Blake is on a Pro Bowl level, we need RBs who are game changers

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The Joeckel miss really hurts, but this draft really made up for it.