Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: yes or no
yes
no
[Show Results]

will Caldwell stick to his words about..

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 11:50 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

being players in free agency.. would be nice to add some talent.. we only have like 60 million in cap money lol..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm sure we will be big players in free agency which is not to say that we will go after a big name or two. I suspect we go after many projected above average players to sensible contracts rather than a projected elite player or two.

What might suck is that we are big players but land no one, i mean we did try to get clevelands center.

Quote:I'm sure we will be big players in free agency which is not to say that we will go after a big name or two. I suspect we go after many projected above average players to sensible contracts rather than a projected elite player or two.

I sure hope not.

That mindset has got us absolutely nowhere.

He better or else he will be hung from the zipline and forced to listen to Baby by Justin Bieber for months on end.

Hopefully, we sign at least 3-5 above average players and 1 big time top tier level player.

Quote:What might suck is that we are big players but land no one, i mean we did try to get clevelands center.

In the case of the Jaguars attempting to land Alex Mack,  it was a situation in which the team and player wanted each other.   The only thing that prevented Mack from ending up with the Jaguars last season was Mack was a Restricted Free Agent.   Being that the Browns had a multitude of salary cap space,  they were able to match the offer sheet.

Quote:What might suck is that we are big players but land no one, I mean we did try to get Cleveland's center.

The Alex Mack situation was unusual. Teams rarely use the transition tag on players because if they can't match an offer, they lose the player and get nothing.

Quote:In the case of the Jaguars attempting to land Alex Mack, it was a situation in which the team and player wanted each other. The only thing that prevented Mack from ending up with the Jaguars last season was Mack was a Restricted Free Agent. Being that the Browns had a multitude of salary cap space, they were able to match the offer sheet.

I thought the Browns put the transitional player tag on Mack and he otherwise would have been unrestricted. Am I wrong about that?

Quote:I thought the Browns put the transitional player tag on Mack and he otherwise would have been unrestricted. Am I wrong about that?

You are correct. 

I should have phrased what I expressed better.   By Restricted,  I didn't mean a RFA in the sense of a player that had 3 accrued seasons in the NFL.  I meant restricted in the sense that the Transition Tag restricted him from signing with another team w/o the possibility of the offer being matched.

We will be players, yes....but we'll probably not spend as much of the money as we are expected to and use the excuse that we're saving it so we can re-sign our proven players when their contracts expire.

One of these years.............

Quote:We will be players, yes....but we'll probably not spend as much of the money as we are expected to and use the excuse that we're saving it so we can re-sign our proven players when their contracts expire.

How much money are we 'expected to' spend?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Another strong discussion from the OP. 

Quote:We will be players, yes....but we'll probably not spend as much of the money as we are expected to and use the excuse that we're saving it so we can re-sign our proven players when their contracts expire.
They have to spend to the cap this year.  That means there will be a combination of re-signing players and bringing in new free agents, There won't be any excuses because they can't carry it forward. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Another strong discussion from the OP. 

Well at least it is not about wide receivers.

Kismet, Khan's megayacht, is on the charter market and is asking $1.5m per week (plus expenses and tips).  Maybe he's renting it out in order to get BAnger a new contract.  {sarcasm} 

Quote:Kismet, Khan's megayacht, is on the charter market and is asking $1.5m per week (plus expenses and tips).  Maybe he's renting it out in order to get BAnger a new contract.  {sarcasm} 
One thing we know about Khan is that there's nothing he invests in where he doesn't expect to make money.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I heard this is the year to get Free Agents because there is a significant increase in the cap next season which will allow most teams to retain their top players.

I haven't verified the statement because I got sidetracked watching South Park last night but it sounded legit.

Has Caldwell not been a man of his word during his tenure here? I see no reason to doubt him now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This article has us getting Devin McCourty and Justin Forsett.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://nypost.com/2015/02/09/the-top-25-nfl-free-agents-and-where-theyll-land/'>This article</a> has us getting Devin McCourty and Justin Forsett.

And Doug Free.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I think so. I want Greg Hardy, Suh, Mark Ingram and McCourty.