Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Right Tackle

We need a upgrade at RT. Let's discuss who we would like to get via FA or the draft.

Existing Players

Sam Young

Josh Wells

Austin Pasztor

Top Free Agents

Brian Bulaga

Doug Free

Michael Oher

Eric Pears

Brian Bell 

King Dunlap

http://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/

College

Brian Scherff Iowa

Erek Flowers Miami

La'el Collins LSU

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-P...-Draft.asp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe Ty Sambrailo from Col. state or Rob Havenstein from Wisconsin

I still think Pasztor is a solid starter. He played the whole year with one arm basically. Hey, he's great depth though for whoever we get to start though.

I saw somewhere where Bradley stated he was pleased with Pasztor and that we would probably target a lower tier guy like Barksdale as competition rather than really spending big for Bulaga.

Quote:I still think Pasztor is a solid starter. He played the whole year with one arm basically. Hey, he's great depth though for whoever we get to start though.

Solid is the new word for average.

Quote:I saw somewhere where Bradley stated he was pleased with Pasztor and that we would probably target a lower tier guy like Barksdale as competition rather than really spending big for Bulaga.

Wouldn't surprise me. Not only was Pasztor injured but he's still only 24 and showed so much upside before he got hurt. The man stonewalled JJ Watt his first year. With a new o-line coach I want to see more from him.

[Image: giphy.gif]

He has plenty of upside still. I'd still prefer a significant upgrade, aka Bulaga
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Wouldn't surprise me. Not only was Pasztor injured but he's still only 24 and showed so much upside before he got hurt. The man stonewalled JJ Watt his first year. With a new o-line coach I want to see more from him.

[Image: giphy.gif]

He could've rode Watt all the way to the sidelines in that gif.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He could've rode Watt all the way to the sidelines in that gif.

Paztor would be good depth on a better team IMO.

Bulaga, if you can't get him I still like Paztor. The dude played with 1 arm last year. Also draft his replacement rounds 3-7..

oher sucks

Derek Newton is very good

Quote:We need a upgrade at RT. Let's discuss who we would like to get via FA or the draft.

Existing Players

Sam Young

Josh Wells

Austin Pasztor

Top Free Agents

Brian Bulaga

Doug Free

Michael Oher

Eric Pears

Brian Bell

King Dunlap
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/'>http://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/</a>

College

Brian Scherff Iowa

Erek Flowers Miami

La'el Collins LSU
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Right-Offensive-Tackles-2015-Draft.asp'>http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Right-Offensive-Tackles-2015-Draft.asp</a>

There are a lot of options out there. Obv we have to wait and see but I anticipate the line improving drastically this season and marrone will be a big part of helping those young guys along.

I really like Leonard Williams but a nice consolation could be scherff
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Pasztor had a hamstring rupture. He'll be lucky to have as much strength in his leg when it's training camp as he did last year.

He's definitely going to be able to get any stronger.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Definitely should sign a free agent AND draft one in later rounds.

Competition, competition, competition.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 08:44 PM by ATLjag.)

Young is terrible.  Pasztor is a backup at best.  Wells should be on a practice squad for development as he's just too green. 

I don't think Bulaga will be available; if he is, he should be the number one target.  If he's not available, overpay for a short term veteran player such as Newton to give you decent play (and protect Bortles), until a rookie OT taken after round 1 can be developed.

For the rookies to develop, I like Ereck Flowers if he falls out of round 1, or, if not available, Cameron Erving for his versatility.  If the vet is strong, and an OT is not taken in round 2, I would like Cedric Ogbuehi to be this year's Colvin (a first round prospect with an ACL injury that will cause him to fall).   

It's always that one play with Pasztor. Now the question is what happened after. He could be a good backup right now

I think we need to swing for the fences here. With 62 million now we have the money to lure a good FA to us. Do we want to go into 2015 with the same guys or a rookie college player at RT? I know we all agree...no!

We definitely need the right tackle cause we don't need another wrong one.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We need an upgrade at RT desperately. Period.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Derek Newton and there's two others I think one is Barksdale and the other I would have to look up for my rt FA options don't want Buluga as he is injury prone
"Get Better Everyday"