Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Right Tackle

Quote:I don't get the Bulaga fascination. He's young and pretty good when healthy, but by my count he's started 40 games in 4 years including the playoffs, only 37 in just the regular season. That's 9-10 games a year. He's had two season-ending injuries and also missed several games in his rookie year. This was his first healthy year He's a massive injury risk. I'd rather get a good vet who can be relied on for 1-2 years while we draft his replacement, like a Doug Free or King Dunlap. Both of them missed a few games this year but nothing like Bulaga's history. 
Maybe if we put him and Pasztor together we will have one player for a year?  :yes: 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe if we put him and Pasztor together we will have one player for a year?

Pasztor did not get hurt in 2013 - at least not bad enough to miss any games.

But you have to wonder if his ceilling dropped because of the hamstring injury.

Quote:You do realize we are not talking about making him the long-term answer, right? This is just to have a productive veteran while a rookie develops. And Doug Free missed a lot of games last year.
If you're idea isn't to get someone in FA that is going to start for more than two years, then why spend massive money on a guy who one would expect to get payed a massive 4-5 year contract just to sit him on the bench after two years when the person behind him develops.  That money could be spent else where.

Furthermore, I think ti's a shame that you're already throwing Paztor into the bust column.  Get in a serviceable vet for a 2-3 year deal that doesn't break the bank while he (or for you a draft pick) is able to develop.  Paztor has shown huge upside when healthy.  I think just because he hasn't been healthy people want to assume he's going to be a bust.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:If you're idea isn't to get someone in FA that is going to start for more than two years, then why spend massive money on a guy who one would expect to get payed a massive 4-5 year contract just to sit him on the bench after two years when the person behind him develops.  That money could be spent else where.

Furthermore, I think ti's a shame that you're already throwing Paztor into the bust column.  Get in a serviceable vet for a 2-3 year deal that doesn't break the bank while he (or for you a draft pick) is able to develop.  Paztor has shown huge upside when healthy.  I think just because he hasn't been healthy people want to assume he's going to be a bust.

I am not calling Austin Pasztor a bust. I think he is a backup quality tackle and if we sign Bryan Bulaga, there would be no competition.

We can sign Bulaga to a four-year contract, then trade him when our rookie RT is ready to start.

Not sure Bulaga can handle the Florida heat.  He was red-faced and sweating in Wisconsin in December.  What's he like in Florida in August?

would love bulaga, but im not sure they will not let him go cuz he is one of the better rt right now.  the health issue happens but he was healthy this year.  second would be barksdale.  not a top guy but the best we have seen here since searcy.  people bust me on this but don't be surprised if we don't go tackle again at 3.  bortles is our future and he needs protection. 

The problem with Pasztor is the problem with our entire line in my opinion (perhaps with the exception of Linder). He's ok. But he's not great.

He could get another chance, unless we sign Bulaga. But there is a clamour to replace someone on the line... And it's going to be him.

I actually think Pasztor would be a serviceable guard... he was a guard his entire life until he was moved to RT out of necessity a couple of years ago. Unfortunately our two guard spots are spoken for so he's no better than a backup right now. And that's not taking into account his injury history. 

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 03:46 AM by theguy77.)

Titans will probably take Leonard Williams, so draft Brandon Scherff. Or trade down 5-6 spots and draft Brandon Scherff. He is stronger than anyone on the line and has better footwork than Joeckel. We need a physical freak to handle JJ Watt (and probably Williams) and no one in free agency is a good enough athlete for that. Id rather take Scherff on potential and develop him into one of the league's premier Right Tackles -- JJ lines up on that side unlike most dominant pass rushers.