Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good has the London games been to the Jags bottom line?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/khan-wants-extend-jaguars%E2%80%99-london-stay'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/khan-wants-extend-jaguars’-london-stay</a>

Quote: Khan said that the Jaguars are expected to jump to 22nd in projected revenue for the 2015 season, up from 32nd when Khan bought the team in 2011. Playing one home game per year in London has helped that effort, because Wembley Stadium has more seats than EverBank Field and the ticket prices are higher in England.

I expect Khan to elaborate on this during the state of the Jaguars address next week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The interesting thing about this strategy is that it totally discounts any benefit to the teams viability to compete for a division title.  The fact of the matter is that we've gotten blown out in both London games but we really don't give a crap because we were already out of the playoff hunt.  IF we're ever able to compete for a title, perhaps it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to take a plane from a Cinci away game directly to London only to have your [BLEEP] beaten once again.

Quote:The interesting thing about this strategy is that it totally discounts any benefit to the teams viability to compete for a division title.  The fact of the matter is that we've gotten blown out in both London games but we really don't give a crap because we were already out of the playoff hunt.  IF we're ever able to compete for a title, perhaps it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to take a plane from a Cinci away game directly to London only to have your butt beaten once again.
And the opposing team doesn't have to fly to London?

Quote:The interesting thing about this strategy is that it totally discounts any benefit to the teams viability to compete for a division title.  The fact of the matter is that we've gotten blown out in both London games but we really don't give a crap because we were already out of the playoff hunt.  IF we're ever able to compete for a title, perhaps it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to take a plane from a Cinci away game directly to London only to have your [BAD WORD REMOVED] beaten once again.

Because they've been ultra competitive in all of their other games.

Quote:The interesting thing about this strategy is that it totally discounts any benefit to the teams viability to compete for a division title.  The fact of the matter is that we've gotten blown out in both London games but we really don't give a crap because we were already out of the playoff hunt.  IF we're ever able to compete for a title, perhaps it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to take a plane from a Cinci away game directly to London only to have your [BLEEP] beaten once again.

I heard an interview with Khan after the London game indicating that they would not travel out to London immediately after the previous game, and that they would more than likely fly out on Thursday this time around since having the guys over there for a week hasn't shown any benefit. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 01:04 PM by maheo30.)

This is about money and playing in London brings is a lot more revenue. Considering the money they have made these last 2 years, I fully understand why he wants to extend the contract. By the way, ticket revenue for a game in London doubles a game at Everbank.

Quote:And the opposing team doesn't have to fly to London?

No, they get to stay at home and play via internet.  It's totally unfair! 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/khan-wants-extend-jaguars%E2%80%99-london-stay'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/khan-wants-extend-jaguars’-london-stay</a>

I expect Khan to elaborate on this during the state of the Jaguars address next week.

I think I heard them say via one of the radio shows that the London games brings roughly 2x the revenue of a regular home game.

Quote:I think I heard them say via one of the radio shows that the London games brings roughly 2x the revenue of a regular home game.

That's what worries me about London, if they double the revenue how long until little old Jax ain't good enough anymore?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:That's what worries me about London, if they double the revenue how long until little old Jax ain't good enough anymore?

The team has to start winning games. This has been discussed a million times so we won't get into it here. But I don't believe Shad would ever move a team that is a perennial playoff team and very popular across the country. Of course the Jags are neither of those right now but that's what the team is working towards.

Everything just hinges on the team winning which is all I care about
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

With the product on the field, perhaps he is doing us a favor.

Quote:The interesting thing about this strategy is that it totally discounts any benefit to the teams viability to compete for a division title.  The fact of the matter is that we've gotten blown out in both London games but we really don't give a crap because we were already out of the playoff hunt.  IF we're ever able to compete for a title, perhaps it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to take a plane from a Cinci away game directly to London only to have your [BAD WORD REMOVED] beaten once again.
They played San Fran who made the AFCCG that year and Dallas who got to the divisionals this year. I doubt playing in London made a difference the the outcome of the game.

Quote:That's what worries me about London, if they double the revenue how long until little old Jax ain't good enough anymore?

If they're 22nd with one London game and a terrible team, imagine one London game, a good team in playoff contention, and the Shipyard area developed. 

I'd also like to see what long term effect the cabana revenue has in the future.

The fact of the matter is that the NFL is still a novelty act over there and probably always will be. One game a year isn't enough to persuade people who don't really care about American football in general to have allegiance to the team who plays there one time a year. It's like having a soccer match here. Sure, it will sell out, but an entire season of soccer matches probably won't, because once the novelty wears off and saturation takes place, people come to realize they don't really care about the sport, be it, soccer or football.

Look at the games. Every NFL team's jersey is represented in the audience. Nobody there really cares about the Jags, outside of the 10 or so hardcore supporters on this message board.

The Rog is under pressure to produce more revenue for the owners, and unfortunately, this London thing isn't going away for awhile. 

If I recall correctly, proceeds from the 2013 game accounted for 16% of the team's revenue that season. I'm not sure what was included in the total, but that was impressive.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Questions like that will only confuse him.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 08:15 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Jacksonville dosent have the strong corporate financial presence, so Khan is looking to other streams to fill the void until the team becomes competitive and is able to increase price with the expected demand.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I think you're going to find a bigger increase than expected in the true local revenue with the cabanas etc. Yes London helps but we were still almost last in the league last year even with the one game in London that year.  I think big gains were made in Jacksonville with revenue.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

1) It's not the other teams home game

2) The other team does not go to London each year.

Just wait until we establish a home field advantage at Everbank.  Trust me, there will come a day when we're tied for the Division lead and this home game in London becomes a viable debate with the majority of the fanbase opposing the game due to playoff implications. Personally, I wish we could send all 10 games there next season and be done for a decade.

Personally, I love all the jobs it created in Jacksonville with our city council people coming back from their all expenses paid trip to England (with all their business leads stating companies are interested in relocating to Jacksonville).  No biggie.  Duval taxpayers are used to throwing away $$$.