Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good has the London games been to the Jags bottom line?

Quote:Questions like that will only confuse him.

Yes, I'm so confused by the fact that we're playing there annually and utilizing 1 home game per year while our opponent takes a trip to London once every 10 years and does utilize a home game.

We've been outscored 52-10 in the 1st half of our last 2 HOME Games in London.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I heard an interview with Khan after the London game indicating that they would not travel out to London immediately after the previous game, and that they would more than likely fly out on Thursday this time around since having the guys over there for a week hasn't shown any benefit. 

Much better idea.  I'm afraid this has become too much of a vacation for the team rather then focusing on the game itself.

Quote:Personally, I love all the jobs it created in Jacksonville with our city council people coming back from their all expenses paid trip to England (with all their business leads stating companies are interested in relocating to Jacksonville). No biggie. Duval taxpayers are used to throwing away $$$.

U mad?
;

;

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 03:53 AM by Andy G.)

Quote:The fact of the matter is that the NFL is still a novelty act over there and probably always will be. One game a year isn't enough to persuade people who don't really care about American football in general to have allegiance to the team who plays there one time a year. It's like having a soccer match here. Sure, it will sell out, but an entire season of soccer matches probably won't, because once the novelty wears off and saturation takes place, people come to realize they don't really care about the sport, be it, soccer or football.

Look at the games. Every NFL team's jersey is represented in the audience. Nobody there really cares about the Jags, outside of the 10 or so hardcore supporters on this message board.

The Rog is under pressure to produce more revenue for the owners, and unfortunately, this London thing isn't going away for awhile.
Very true.

I don't see these international series games going away while they're still selling out. But we are a long way from having a franchise over here.

Which is a good thing, because I want to watch genuine, American franchises play each other - not a struggling "British" team.

Quote:U mad?

HA !!  I got in too deep to get out.  It started off as a simple response then 1 of my 16 Hershell Walker personalities took over.  :woot:

Quote:HA !!  I got in too deep to get out.  It started off as a simple response then 1 of my 16 Hershell Walker personalities took over.  :woot:

Well, the Jags won't always suck, but the NFL could do us a favor and schedule a team who looks like a cupcake on paper as an opponent to at least give us a shot at winning.

I just found it odd that they made our opponent arguably the post popular NFL franchise in the world last year. 

Quote:Well, the Jags won't always suck, but the NFL could do us a favor and schedule a team who looks like a cupcake on paper as an opponent to at least give us a shot at winning.

I just found it odd that they made our opponent arguably the post popular NFL franchise in the world last year. 

That was predicted long before the opponent was decided.  The NFL isn't about promoting the Jacksonville Jaguars in London.  It's about promoting the NFL brand. 

The Jaguars are doing their own marketing effort in London with the league's blessing.  In return, the team gets to keep all of the ticketing revenue, and a good chunk of any sponsorship for the game. 

They basically generate enough revenue from the one game in London to cover two home games in Jacksonville since the average ticket sold brings in about $40 per person, and they've got 20k more seats to sell. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

More money, less problems.

Sounds like a win/win to me... Now if we could only start to win/win instead of lose/lose......

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Yes, I'm so confused by the fact that we're playing there annually and utilizing 1 home game per year while our opponent takes a trip to London once every 10 years and does utilize a home game.

We've been outscored 52-10 in the 1st half of our last 2 HOME Games in London.
Pick any 2 home games over the past 3 seasons and we've likely been out scored by similar numbers. 

Quote:Well, the Jags won't always suck, but the NFL could do us a favor and schedule a team who looks like a cupcake on paper as an opponent to at least give us a shot at winning.

No offense, but the Jaguars have trouble selling 63,000 tickets in Jacksonville. How are they going to sell 83,000 halfway across the world if they only play against crappy teams?

Quote:No offense, but the Jaguars have trouble selling 63,000 tickets in Jacksonville. How are they going to sell 83,000 halfway across the world if they only play against crappy teams?
I guess we'll see how that works out this year with Buffalo crossing the pond.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I guess we'll see how that works out this year with Buffalo crossing the pond.
Well, credit the NFL with knowing how to make money because I do believe the Jaguars game is already sold out. Mostly because you couldn't get individual tickets, only three game passes for the whole International Series. 

Khan says, "It's been really great for us. Our goal is to extend it."

Yep, it's been great for Khan who makes the money, it's been great for the NFL who makes the money, it's been great for the NFL Properties who makes the money, it's been great for the advertisers who make the money. But it's not been great for the Jacksonville season ticket holders who pay for 9 games, 2 of which are exhibition games.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Well, credit the NFL with knowing how to make money because I do believe the Jaguars game is already sold out. Mostly because you couldn't get individual tickets, only three game passes for the whole International Series.

Not sold out just yet - still single game tickets available. I believe it's the longest it's taken for a Wembley game to sell out to date, but there's no doubt it will be full pretty soon.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/khan-wants-extend-jaguars%E2%80%99-london-stay'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/khan-wants-extend-jaguars’-london-stay</a>

I expect Khan to elaborate on this during the state of the Jaguars address next week.

Nothing really new here.  I do take issue with the article in that the author attributes the rise from 32 in revenue (in reality I think that was actually 29) completely to the London game.  That certainly helped, but there were many more factors including the raise in the average ticket price due to alternative premium seating products, advertising, and efforts of the team to market regionally instead of just Jacksonville.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Not sold out just yet - still single game tickets available. I believe it's the longest it's taken for a Wembley game to sell out to date, but there's no doubt it will be full pretty soon.
Oh well. I got my tickets of a teammate who's a Jets fans and the only Jets tickets he could get were of the three game pack kind.

Quote:I guess we'll see how that works out this year with Buffalo crossing the pond.

Time will tell but I think the addition of Rex Ryan as Bills HC will help sell a significant amount of tickets for the game.   Rex Ryan seems like back to his old self when it comes to bold statements.   That should attract interest in the game for NFL fans in the U.K. and nearby countries.

Quote:Time will tell but I think the addition of Rex Ryan as Bills HC will help sell a significant amount of tickets for the game.   Rex Ryan seems like back to his old self when it comes to bold statements.   That should attract interest in the game for NFL fans in the U.K. and nearby countries.
I doubt Rex Ryan is much of a celebrity across the Atlantic.  If he has any impact on ticket sales, I'd expect it to be minimal at best.  The Jaguars have created a pretty significant emphasis on developing the fan base in London, leaving a full time operation over there promoting the team.  As a result, fan groups like the Union Jax are over 30k strong and growing.  I think that having that presence in London will do quite a bit to help sell tickets, and the folks buying them will at least have a passing interest in the Jaguars as opposed to the opponent on the field as has been the case the past two years. 

I will give you some facts.  you make your own decision.  he is the 349 richest person in the world worth 4.2 billion.  he bought the jags for 760 million. put in 63 million of upgrades on the stadium.  made money on the team.  so why would anyone think he wouldn't blink at moving them?  its Jacksonville?