Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good has the London games been to the Jags bottom line?

Quote:I will give you some facts.  you make your own decision.  he is the 349 richest person in the world worth 4.2 billion.  he bought the jags for 760 million. put in 63 million of upgrades on the stadium.  made money on the team.  so why would anyone think he wouldn't blink at moving them?  its Jacksonville?    

Would he move them if he just couldn't make it work financially in Jacksonville?  Sure, he's a smart businessman and could figure out how to make it happen in spite of the hurdles.  But if it works here, why would he want to go to that trouble?  There's at least some evidence he does want to keep the team here and zero evidence (outside of speculation) that he wants to relocate it.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sounds like a win/win to me... Now if we could only start to win/win instead of lose/lose......
LOL I loved this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 02:06 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I'm sure his goal is to get us decent enough to where he can raise ticket prices without there being outrage from fans. I could be wrong, but we are already paying for 9 games what we were paying for 10 games under Weaver anyway.

I guess a good question is, what kind of ticket prices can this market handle at the end of the day? I kind of get the feeling that with the constant threat of these franchises always threatening to move, team loyalty may become smaller over time for the NFL as a whole. 

Well Wembley Stadium has been selling out and it has roughly 40% higher capacity than Jax's stadium. Total business move and a smart one at that, the London games are "home games" for us and the Jags are selling tons of merch in the UK. Between that and the renovated stadium that's been selling well back home, Shad Khan has ensured the profitability of the organization, even if it is rough on the players for 1-2 weeks of the season.