Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "Hey! I kinda like that poster" thread

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 05:44 PM by Deacon.)

So, in an effort to get away from the general feel of some of the recent posts around the board that seem to be aimed at throwing bad feelings at other people, I - and a few other posters - would like to have a thread where you just state something good about the previous poster.

I worry that it will be difficult to start seeing as how I'll have to pick someone at random since I am the Progenitor and that you, as the next poster will be forced to say something good about me (you can make stuff up if you want, I won't tell) but I think it would be pretty cool. So here goes...

Know what I like about that BchBunnie? She's always quick with the response to the "Happy Birthday" threads and she posts in just about every one of them.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 10:40 AM by The Drifter.)

Well Deacon, I'm looking forward to sharing a few Natty Boh's and a good cigar with you this June.

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Drifter's always got the good taste in vices and always comes through with the news I'd never find on my own.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:So, in an effort to get away from the general feel of some of the recent posts around the board that seem to be aimed at throwing bad feelings at other people, I - and a few other posters - would like to have a thread where you just state something about good about the previous poster.

I worry that it will be difficult to start seeing as how I'll have to pick someone at random since I am the Progenitor and that you, as the next poster will be forced to say something good about me (you can make stuff up if you want, I won't tell) but I think it would be pretty cool. So here goes...

Know what I like about that BchBunnie? She's always quick with the response to the "Happy Birthday" threads and she posts in just about every one of them.

Your dum. I don't like you.

Other than that your cool.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So, in an effort to get away from the general feel of some of the recent posts around the board that seem to be aimed at throwing bad feelings at other people, I - and a few other posters - would like to have a thread where you just state something about good about the previous poster.

OK. I'll try to play nice.

Deacon seems like a good guy both on this board and in person. He seems to understand my off beat sense of humor (which actually concerns me a bit).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:OK. I'll try to play nice.

Deacon seems like a good guy both on this board and in person. He seems to understand my off beat sense of humor (which actually concerns me a bit).

Rico has an offbeat sense of humor that I think is funny, even though several doctors have told me that it should concern me.

Also, he gets upset when people want him to do stuff.

Quote:Rico has an offbeat sense of humor that I think is funny, even though several doctors have told me that it should concern me.

Also, he gets upset when people want him to do stuff.
Generally well thought out posts and positive contirbutor to the board is ol Deacon.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Generally well thought out posts and positive contirbutor to the board is ol Deacon.
Built the board fantasy league and normally is pretty rational in his posts.

Quote:Built the board fantasy league and normally is pretty rational in his posts.

JagsorDie one of the nicer members that seems to stay out of a lot of craziness on the board...for the most part! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I hate that I haven't been able to see the calendar or the daily birthday list since I became a mod!! I've got a "glitch" now....and I'm not very happy about it!!! :verymad:

Deacon has great taste in books. I like talking MMA with TravC59. And Bchbunnie4 keeps me chuckling with her over-the-top use of emoticons. :-)
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Deacon has great taste in books. I like talking MMA with TravC59. And Bchbunnie4 keeps me chuckling with her over-the-top use of emoticons. :-)

Somebody has to use them...they get lonely sitting there all by themselves all the time!! :yes:

Quote:Somebody has to use them...they get lonely sitting there all by themselves all the time!! :yes:

Were you talking about my books or something else?

Anyway, The Bunnie of the Beach has the amazing luck to have been married on the board several times over. I appreciate her persistence.

Quote:Were you talking about my books or something else?

Anyway, The Bunnie of the Beach has the amazing luck to have been married on the board several times over. I appreciate her persistence.

Being one of the only females on here has its perks I guess!

Deacon is one of those posters that when I see that he's on line...it makes me happy! :yes:

Finally a thread to make everyone happy.

That Bchbunnie 4 always seems to bring common sense into a thread, no matter what the topic might be.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Being one of the only females on here has its perks I guess!

Hey, remember when I started a thread to ask how many board members are women? You said some guys still think you are male despite having a feminine username and avatar.

But more important than being female, you are one of the nicer posters on this board.  Smile

Quote:Finally a thread to make everyone happy.

That Bchbunnie 4 always seems to bring common sense into a thread, no matter what the topic might be.

Yes I like that idea - especially after reading my last thread that featured 19 pages of crap. I went back after someone locked it and saw a suggestion from Bunnie about my member title.

I don't really have a lot of interaction with him, but High Score always brings good stuff to a thread.

Quote:Hey, remember when I started a thread to ask how many board members are women? You said some guys still think you are male despite having a feminine username and avatar.

But more important than being female, you are one of the nicer posters on this board.  Smile

Yep...it happened the other day! Someone didn't realize I was a she!!

Quote:I don't really have a lot of interaction with him, but High Score always brings good stuff to a thread.

Josh is a really nice guy...and he beat his brother in Message Board Survivor!! Banana