Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jax Armada

I'm surprised there isn't a current thread for this topic with the big game yesterday. Anyway, here's a thread to discuss the event. It sounds like they had a nice showing of some 15,000 or so. Obviously its just the first exhibition, but that seems like a good start.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For those who couldn't be there, here's a link the one of my friend's photography work for the Jax Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/...e.html?ana

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Nice atmosphere for a preseason minor league soccer game.

Anybody a member of this Section 904 thing? I looking into it but it seems to be the same jokers running the Bold City Brigade clique.

;

;

Had to work last night but i watched the game on ch 17.... Think the attendance was in the 13 k range and we beat a decent MLS team which was very impressive... Good start for the club, lookin forward to hittin some of the games up once regular season starts... I think it will be a good thing for the jax sports scene durring the jags offseason.

Quote:Had to work last night but i watched the game on ch 17.... Think the attendance was in the 13 k range and we beat a decent MLS team which was very impressive... Good start for the club, lookin forward to hittin some of the games up once regular season starts... I think it will be a good thing for the jax sports scene durring the jags offseason.
13,394. NASL preseason record. 

Quote:13,394. NASL preseason record.
Nice, i thought i heard the annoucers say some thing about a record but i wasnt sure.

Quote:Nice atmosphere for a preseason minor league soccer game.

Anybody a member of this Section 904 thing? I looking into it but it seems to be the same jokers running the Bold City Brigade clique.
The NASL isn't the minor leagues.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

My son and I went. Awesome atmosphere. This town really supports soccer. Love having the Armada here and finally playing.

It'll probably be 3-4 years but looking forward to having their own stadium.

They've put together a very good team here right off the bat. They were a lot of fun to watch.

Only bummer for me....No Armada hats for sale. The merchandise stands though were booming! It was unreal.
;

Quote:Anybody a member of this Section 904 thing? I looking into it but it seems to be the same jokers running the Bold City Brigade clique.

Wallbash   --- oh nooooooooooooooo  !!!   Please don't tell me BCB is the face of our city.

Quote: Wallbash   --- oh nooooooooooooooo  !!!   Please don't tell me BCB is the face of our city.

The face of our city. Complete with a double chin, terrible facial hair and a flat bill hat.

Quote:The NASL isn't the minor leagues.

Isn't the NASL basically the soccer equivelant of AAA baseball?

Quote:The NASL isn't the minor leagues.

How is it not? It's certainly below the MLS.
;

;

Quote:Isn't the NASL basically the soccer equivelant of AAA baseball?
When it comes to soccer in the U.S. it is below MLS, so I can see how some would call it the minor leagues.

;

Quote:Nice atmosphere for a preseason minor league soccer game.

I'm not a member of that section, but my son and I did sit there for this game. 9 rows up from field. It was pretty cool.

;

Quote:When it comes to soccer in the U.S. it is below MLS, so I can see how some would call it the minor leagues.

I was reading how almost all of the USL Pro teams now are owned by MLS clubs or are affiliated by them in some way. I do wonder in the long run, what the NASL will be.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 10:17 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:I was reading how almost all of the USL Pro teams now are owned by MLS clubs or are affiliated by them in some way. I do wonder in the long run, what the NASL will be.
I can't put a number on it but I think eventually there will be a tiered system here like in Europe.

In unrelated news, I am really looking forward to watching Orlando City SC. Big Brek Shea fan, instantly becomes my MLS team. Been a fan of watching Portland, Philly, and Seattle. Now I "Have one to call my own".

;

Quote:The face of our city. Complete with a double chin, terrible facial hair and a flat bill hat.

I'm kind of sad about just how accurate you are.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I can't put a number on it but I think eventually there will be a tiered system here like in Europe.

In unrelated news, I am really looking forward to watching Orlando City SC. Big Brek Shea fan, instantly becomes my MLS team. Been a fan of watching Portland, Philly, and Seattle. Now I "Have one to call my own".

Me too. I am looking forward to heading down there for a game or two. Especially after they get their new soccer stadium built.

Quote:I can't put a number on it but I think eventually there will be a tiered system here like in Europe.

Isn't that speculation at this point??  I read somewhere that the NASL wanted a relegation/promotion system in place like EPL???

Huh

Quote:In unrelated news, I am really looking forward to watching Orlando City SC. Big Brek Shea fan, instantly becomes my MLS team. Been a fan of watching Portland, Philly, and Seattle. Now I "Have one to call my own".

Portland had been my team.  Son roots for Seattle.

This year Olando City !!!