Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jax Armada

When I can i want to give my support to this team. 

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:With Khan's shipyard plans not including room for a soccer stadium, I wonder if the Armada could look towards the Brooklyn area? Seems to be a lot of vacant area over there and would put them close to the Riverside crowd. Just a thought.
Ive been thinking more out of that area completely... Hell with trying to be in or close to down town. I would love to see a sporting venue pop up at the beaches but i completely understand how bad transit and parking can be down there. I would love to something around the 9a/jtb area, not town center but more south of jtb area. Either that or somehow get d dot ranch to sell some on the jtb side and quit trying to develope the stupid nocatee side and plug a stadium there.if you look at his ranch, that thing takes up like 1/8 of jax. If you dont know what im talking about, im refering to all the area south of jtb(between 9a and the intracoastal), west of palm valley, and north of nocatee... Its basicly a gaping pile of undeveloped land in a prime location of duval and st johns county... Actually, i think alot is in st johns but its still one of the only undeveloped places in jax. Unless you count the north side, which i do not lol.

Alternatively, regency mall is pretty lame... Minus the movie theatre( which is also kinda lame)it would be cool to level that place and put a studium there.... Traffic would suck but it does already lol

Not going to today's game, but I'm watching it on CW.  Looks like a quality broadcast so far.  For those who didn't know, the entire season is to be broadcast on the CW network.  This is pretty huge for me since I switched to antenna tv and don't get premier league any more.    

Wow.  Armada destroying them.  

Great crowd, great game.

Another great atmosphere. Broke the NASL attendance record, and also set a new record for fastest goal in an NASL game at :12 seconds. The Armada crew put on a great show! 

If not for the threat all day of some bad weather, I think that the 16,140ish would have been a good bit more. I can us breaking 20K in a future Everbank game.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I went to the game last Saturday and had a blast. Was finally able to grab some Armada merchandise too. I agree, it was a great atmosphere. I can see myself going to a couple more games this season

Not sure how big the soccer club here is on the board---but wow I love what the Armada are doing! They are doing a fantastic job giving the fans a great show already. The crowd this past weekend was phenomenal. I just wish they would be able to play all their games and Everbank. I never have really gotten into the Sharks or the Suns so this is a perfect thing for me personally. Can't wait to see the long term for the team. 

Quote:Not sure how big the soccer club here is on the board---but wow I love what the Armada are doing! They are doing a fantastic job giving the fans a great show already. The crowd this past weekend was phenomenal. I just wish they would be able to play all their games and Everbank. I never have really gotten into the Sharks or the Suns so this is a perfect thing for me personally. Can't wait to see the long term for the team. 
Games at Everbank for the whole season would be best case scenario. I haven't been to any of the preseason matches at the Suns stadium yet, but I look forward to how it compares.

;

Quote:Games at Everbank for the whole season would be best case scenario. I haven't been to any of the preseason matches at the Suns stadium yet, but I look forward to how it compares.
Neither have I. I just looked on the Suns website and it says they can hold up to 11,000. I thought it would have been significantly smaller than that. I would hope to think that they get roughly that much for each game. 

Quote:Games at Everbank for the whole season would be best case scenario. I haven't been to any of the preseason matches at the Suns stadium yet, but I look forward to how it compares.

Too expensive for 20% capacity. They seem to need about 14,000 seats, but building a whole new stadium for what may be a short-lived fad franchise wouldn't be a good investment Imo. If they make it work at the baseball grounds for five years then I could see discussion of a permanent home. Unless the owner is paying for it all, then have at it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Too expensive for 20% capacity. They seem to need about 14,000 seats, but building a whole new stadium for what may be a short-lived fad franchise wouldn't be a good investment Imo. If they make it work at the baseball grounds for five years then I could see discussion of a permanent home. Unless the owner is paying for it all, then have at it.
Yes I understand that. Simply stating that that would be best case scenario. All else aside.

;

Quote:Too expensive for 20% capacity. They seem to need about 14,000 seats, but building a whole new stadium for what may be a short-lived fad franchise wouldn't be a good investment Imo. If they make it work at the baseball grounds for five years then I could see discussion of a permanent home. Unless the owner is paying for it all, then have at it.

Fad franchise?

;

;

The stadium is still the property of the city. Maybe instead of building a new stadium the city can simply ask for a lower rent. I don't know how the Armada would feel about playing in a stadium that's only 20% full but in terms of field layout EverBank is preferable to the Baseball Grounds.

This entire idea of having a phone that you can take with you in a car is never going to catch on.

OK let me get this straight, you want to build a website where people can post messages and pictures for the public or maybe just their friends can see.  What a stupid idea.

Stop.

Jacksonville has set attendance records for the USMNT, the USWNT and the NASL in the last three years.

I can easily see the Armada being the second most popular team after the Jags here. Soccer is by far the most popular sport in the world and it is growing in this country. And Jacksonville is on board with it.

Playing in a league that's barely 5 years old, sponsored by a company that's constantly on the verge of bankruptcy, and playing in a city that's rarely done well at supporting minor league franchises. All those factors weigh pretty heavily on the scale against initial fan interest when we're talking about a permanent home for this team. I agree that the initial results look favorable, but let's not assume we have a hundred years franchise after a few games.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The city's support of other minor league franchises is irrelevant. The ones that failed were poorly run. The Suns have thrived here. The Sharks seem to do pretty good.

;

;

Next Wednesday the 27th they will be playing their US Open Lamar Cup game.  Opponent hasnt been determined yet.  Does anyone know if the game could be found online anywhere?  Not sure the team website will have it... not listed among their upcoming matches.

I remember back in the day there was a great website called "soccertv.com" or something along those lines that had the tv and internet broadcasts of basically any soccer game anywhere in the world.  I've found a few similar sites out there but havent seen any that have the listings for these Lamar Cup games.  Wonder if any of the soccer junkies on here might know.