Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jax Armada

Quote:Next Wednesday the 27th they will be playing their US Open Lamar Cup game.  Opponent hasnt been determined yet.  Does anyone know if the game could be found online anywhere?  Not sure the team website will have it... not listed among their upcoming matches.

I remember back in the day there was a great website called "soccertv.com" or something along those lines that had the tv and internet broadcasts of basically any soccer game anywhere in the world.  I've found a few similar sites out there but havent seen any that have the listings for these Lamar Cup games.  Wonder if any of the soccer junkies on here might know.
They're going to play the winner of the Richmond Kickers-Virginia Beach City FC. It'll be the 3rd round.

I am hoping it's on TV as all of the other Armada games have been televised.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Too bad it won't be a home game

Quote:They're going to play the winner of the Richmond Kickers-Virginia Beach City FC. It'll be the 3rd round.

I am hoping it's on TV as all of the other Armada games have been televised.

Ok good deal.  I'm assuming local television though?  I'm an out of towner so unless its on fox soccer or bein sports, I'll probably have to watch online.  Looks like a lot of their games are shown on their website.  I'm hoping this one will be as well... and they'll add it to the list of upcoming matches when the opponent has been determined.

Also are they selling any gear around town such as Sports Mania at the beach or at "what used to be football fanatics" at the avenues?  Will be in town for the holiday this weekend and was thinking of looking around for something.  Theyve got a cool logo... and I like the colors too.  Definitely some nice looking gear.  I realize I can buy online but if I can find something in person would rather do that.

Quote:Too bad it won't be a home game
As it shouldn't be. They get a pass to the 3rd round.

;

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2015, 01:43 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Ok good deal.  I'm assuming local television though?  I'm an out of towner so unless its on fox soccer or bein sports, I'll probably have to watch online.  Looks like a lot of their games are shown on their website.  I'm hoping this one will be as well... and they'll add it to the list of upcoming matches when the opponent has been determined.

Also are they selling any gear around town such as Sports Mania at the beach or at "what used to be football fanatics" at the avenues?  Will be in town for the holiday this weekend and was thinking of looking around for something.  Theyve got a cool logo... and I like the colors too.  Definitely some nice looking gear.  I realize I can buy online but if I can find something in person would rather do that.
Correct, CW17 has carried them.

As far as gear, you'll have to get online (or at game). I have not seen any in stores as of yet.

;

Quote:Correct, CW17 has carried them.

As far as gear, you'll have to get online (or at game). I have not seen any in stores as of yet.
The Soccer Stop near hodges on beach blvd has armada tshirts and jerserys

GO Jaguars
;

Quote:Too bad it won't be a home game

Y'all feel free to road trip it up here. I'll show you some good spots to grab a beer.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Sweet thanks, I'll have to stop by that soccer shop.  

Looks like they'll be playing the Richmond Kickers.  Game will be in Richmond.  If they win, they'll be paired up with an MLS team.  Not sure if the bracket has been set up where you can see which one.  I believe that game would be in Jacksonville.

Ironically I was up in Richmond this past weekend for a wedding and had lunch no more than 3 or 4 blocks from where the Kickers play their home games.  Too bad the timing wasnt a little better or else I would have been able to go.

Quote:Looks like they'll be playing the Richmond Kickers.  Game will be in Richmond.  If they win, they'll be paired up with an MLS team.  Not sure if the bracket has been set up where you can see which one.  I believe that game would be in Jacksonville.

Ironically I was up in Richmond this past weekend
for a wedding and had lunch no more than 3 or 4 blocks from where the Kickers play their home games.  Too bad the timing wasnt a little better or else I would have been able to go.

Wha?!?!?! Man, you should have hit me up, I can show you the town. Where did you eat?

Just kidding, but if anyone does ever come up this way let me know and I can give you the lowdown on where to go.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Looks like they'll be playing the Richmond Kickers.  Game will be in Richmond.  If they win, they'll be paired up with an MLS team.  Not sure if the bracket has been set up where you can see which one.  I believe that game would be in Jacksonville.

Ironically I was up in Richmond this past weekend for a wedding and had lunch no more than 3 or 4 blocks from where the Kickers play their home games.  Too bad the timing wasnt a little better or else I would have been able to go.

The bracket comes out tonight I believe

If Armada beat Richmond they will host the Columbus Crew. Read it would be at UNF.
;

;

Quote:Wha?!?!?! Man, you should have hit me up, I can show you the town. Where did you eat?

Just kidding, but if anyone does ever come up this way let me know and I can give you the lowdown on where to go.

that day we went somewhere in Carytown.... something Can Can I think it was called.  Pretty solid.  Was a nice day and they had all the windows and doors open.

Quote:If Armada beat Richmond they will host the Columbus Crew. Read it would be at UNF.

UNF stadium!?  Thats a little embarrassing.  

Quote:that day we went somewhere in Carytown.... something Can Can I think it was called.  Pretty solid.  Was a nice day and they had all the windows and doors open.

Yeah, nice place. Hope you enjoyed the stay!

Quote:UNF stadium!?  Thats a little embarrassing.  

Agree. I guess the baseball stadium is booked that day.

Armada one and done in their first U.S. Open Cup. 3-0, ouch. Gave up another penalty kick. They're just about giving up one a game, it's crazy.

;

Yeah, not a good performance.

Quote:Yeah, not a good performance.
And the USL owned the NASL. 7-0

;

Quote:And the USL owned the NASL. 7-0

Wow, that is a stunning number. And one that the NASL brass cannot be too happy about.