Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O'Halloran really hates Justin Blackmon guts

Quote:Where do they find these people? How did he sit down for an interview and the Jags were like "yes, your our guy!"
Jags had nothing to do with it. He is the Times Union Jags reporter he took over for Tina who went to Houston to cover the tinhorns.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's 25!  I don't see how he can be productive if he comes back and plays... Wallbash

It's quite possible that he could return and not be anything close to the guy he was before, and if he's not mentally into getting back to where he was before the suspension, it's not going to happen.

I tend to think he's going to come back hungry and wanting to quiet the critics, but he really is a guy that's going to have to show something once he's reinstated. 

Regardless, the team continues to treat him like a luxury item.  If he gets back to form, and he can stay clean, what a huge boost that would be for the passing game. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's quite possible that he could return and not be anything close to the guy he was before, and if he's not mentally into getting back to where he was before the suspension, it's not going to happen.

I tend to think he's going to come back hungry and wanting to quiet the critics, but he really is a guy that's going to have to show something once he's reinstated. 

Regardless, the team continues to treat him like a luxury item.  If he gets back to form, and he can stay clean, what a huge boost that would be for the passing game. 

I agree, I'm not saying he is going to walk on the field and dominate.  It just drives me crazy when Ryan O makes it seem like he can't because he as been away for so long

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I agree, I'm not saying he is going to walk on the field and dominate.  It just drives me crazy when Ryan O makes it seem like he can't because he as been away for so long
O'Halloran is certainly entitled to his opinion, and if he's getting this feedback from someone inside the stadium, I'd have to wonder how current their information is on where Blackmon's head is at.  It's quite possible, his source is just basing their opinion on the fact that Blackmon  has basically missed a huge chunk of his career at a critical time in his career development, and that it could impact his ability to get back into the game both physically and mentally. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ryan O is the best reporter on the TU staff. As in good with news and info.

As far as his opinions and professionalism, they are beyond garbage. I turn off 1010 whenever he is the guest. 

So, what did Ryan say about Blackmon?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Quote:So, what did Ryan say about Blackmon?

Sounds like he came on and sang "You Make Me Sick" by P!nk. :pinch:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:So, what did Ryan say about Blackmon?

Today the first caller asked if Greg Olsen would reach out to Justin Blackmon. O'Halloran had an awkward freak out and said "the show could not have started any worse". Dempsey did his best to calm him down. O'Halloran sounded like a fool.

Quote:Today the first caller asked if Greg Olsen would reach out to Justin Blackmon. O'Halloran had an awkward freak out and said "the show could not have started any worse". Dempsey did his best to calm him down. O'Halloran sounded like a fool.
Well, the first caller is an idiot for asking the question since it's been made crystal clear for more than a year that there can be no contact until the suspension is lifted.  It's not like they haven't made this point repeatedly for the past year or more.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015, 01:42 PM by thunderbuns.)

Quote:Well, the first caller is an idiot for asking the question since it's been made crystal clear for more than a year that there can be no contact until the suspension is lifted.  It's not like they haven't made this point repeatedly for the past year or more.

Like Dempsey said, it is possible the caller is not as ingrained in the league and the specifics as they are. Personally, I think Ryan O came off as a buffoon.

Quote:Well, the first caller is an idiot for asking the question since it's been made crystal clear for more than a year that there can be no contact until the suspension is lifted.  It's not like they haven't made this point repeatedly for the past year or more.
Do you really think they are having no contact with Blackmon? I know I certainly don't.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Is there any rule saying players can't reach out. Maybe I should call in and ask when Ryan O is on air.

Quote:Do you really think they are having no contact with Blackmon? I know I certainly don't.
If there's a risk of being penalized by the league for having more than the minimum contact allowed, I doubt very seriously the team would violate the rule. 

I don't get the sense they're being insincere when they say the don't know and their hands are tied.  They are not permitted BY LAW to have access to his medical information beyond what he authorizes them access to.  Drug and alcohol treatment would fall under that umbrella.  HIPAA laws are pretty clear. 

Quote:Is there any rule saying players can't reach out. Maybe I should call in and ask when Ryan O is on air.

While the player can certainly try, I think the CBA restricts contact both ways. 

I stopped subscribing to O'Halloran's twitter feed months ago. Just too negative.

If I want to hear someone whine about the Jags I will seek out TMD's old posts.

You're Welcome.

Even if Blackmon comes back and is only half of what he was, he can still be better than half the receivers in the league.

And still a top target on our team.

The Blackmon situation has been talked to death I think.

He either comes back, which barring a set back is probable I'd say. or he doesn't.

We haven't had him for 2 season essentially. So if he comes back and is awesome, hooray for us, we have probably the best WR corp in the league.

If he comes back and is crappy, we can toss him, trade him, cut him, whatever and it really won't be missed.

If he never comes back for whatever reason... nobody gets him and we lose out on nothing pretty much.

Get a ransom for the #2 QB & draft Cooper or Collins. Our receiving corps has potential but is unproven. Cyp has not been horrible, but hasn't stood out either. Cooper > any of our wideouts. Collins > any of our safeties

He's an idiot. Khan basically said he can't wait to welcome Blackmon back with open arms.

Quote:He's an idiot. Khan basically said he can't wait to welcome Blackmon back with open arms.

Khan> RO

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I just don't understand how anyone can question his ability on the field. Do I blame someone for not having faith in him to stay clean? No, it's fair to question if he can keep himself right. But to think that Justin has lost his football ability because of his troubles, it makes no sense. Jimmy Smith proved that you can be high and play well. If Justin is sober, I have no doubts that he will be an impact player for us.

He may be out of shape, but he's still a physical specimen. I'd say most, if not all, of the stats in this video would still hold true, or could be reclaimed through a proper training regiment: http://youtu.be/_97kBZqj270