Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O'Halloran really hates Justin Blackmon guts

Quote:He may be out of shape, but he's still a physical specimen. I'd say most, if not all, of the stats in this video would still hold true, or could be reclaimed through a proper training regiment: http://youtu.be/_97kBZqj270
Sports Science is pretty cheesy but I agree nonetheless.  The good thing too is the guy doesn't rely on speed so hopefully he's not too rusty.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've asked this before, but people keep saying Caldwell laid into him at the season ending presser.  Can anyone elaborate?  I don't recall hearing this story.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Was anyone watching ESPN around 6:30 today? There was a discussion about Jameis Winston and the type of character investigation teams do prior to drafting a player. There was a former member of the Bucs front office who mentioned that in 2012 the Bucs were evaluating Justin Blackmon. They had scouts go to bars he frequented and based on his behavior there decided to take him off their board. I thought it was interesting.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 11:21 AM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:I've asked this before, but people keep saying Caldwell laid into him at the season ending presser.  Can anyone elaborate?  I don't recall hearing this story.
Ryan ohack had published a story about how the Jags should cut ties with Blackmon because he was too much of a hit on the Salary cap this year(just his blackmon hate trying to make a case for getting rid of him). So during the presser Ryan asked dave specifically about getting rid of blackmon and Dave said no reason to let him go and tried to move on but Ryan followed up with salary cap questions and dave said it doesnt affect the salray cap so Ryan went on with his false info, and dave turned looked at him and laid it out how much money it cost how much of a hit is was and that he was totaly wrong. and it was not more about what he said but how he was looking when he said it, like staring right at ryan and glaring.

Link to the press conf.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...12218c6e4e

^ Haha that was great. Owned hard, damn.

Quote:Was anyone watching ESPN around 6:30 today? There was a discussion about Jameis Winston and the type of character investigation teams do prior to drafting a player. There was a former member of the Bucs front office who mentioned that in 2012 the Bucs were evaluating Justin Blackmon. They had scouts go to bars he frequented and based on his behavior there decided to take him off their board. I thought it was interesting.

Still can't believe we had his off-field stuff wrong (or maybe chose to ignore it). I remember most were thinking this is the pick we couldn't miss on given the link between the Jags and JB's WR coach at OKST

Quote:Still can't believe we had his off-field stuff wrong (or maybe chose to ignore it). I remember most were thinking this is the pick we couldn't miss on given the link between the Jags and JB's WR coach at OKST
I don't think they missed anything regarding his past.  They knew full well what his off field issues were.  They did what fans had been demanding they do and stopped using their boy scout measuring stick in drafting the kid, and as a result, they took a chance on a phenomenal player with known character issues.  They got burned.  To be fair, that kind of talent is tough to pass on if you've got the opportunity to draft him and you have a need at that position. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Ryan ohack had published a story about how the Jags should cut ties with Blackmon because he was too much of a hit on the Salary cap this year(just his blackmon hate trying to make a case for getting rid of him). So during the presser Ryan asked dave specifically about getting rid of blackmon and Dave said no reason to let him go and tried to move on but Ryan followed up with salary cap questions and dave said it doesnt affect the salray cap so Ryan went on with his false info, and dave turned looked at him and laid it out how much money it cost how much of a hit is was and that he was totaly wrong. and it was not more about what he said but how he was looking when he said it, like staring right at ryan and glaring.

Link to the press conf.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...12218c6e4e

lol .... the 13 minute mark -- Hilarious !!

Quote:lol .... the 13 minute mark -- Hilarious !!
Go Dave! Crushed him!

I'm confused as to how he "hates" Justin Blackmon. Everything he said is valid. Fans... Wallbash

Quote:lol .... the 13 minute mark -- Hilarious !!
Clearly, O'Halloran really doesn't like Blackmon.  He should consider not injecting his bias into doing his job.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I'm confused as to how he "hates" Justin Blackmon. Everything he said is valid. Fans... Wallbash
Valid? Please explain why asking if a player with zero risk should be cut?

Quote:I'm confused as to how he "hates" Justin Blackmon. Everything he said is valid. Fans... Wallbash

Except for the part where he was blatantly wrong and Dave wiped the floor with him about it.

Quote:Except for the part where he was blatantly wrong and Dave wiped the floor with him about it.

Caldwell schooled him

;

;

Quote:Caldwell schooled him

Yep and I loved it. The media gets away with spouting off too often with no feedback from those that matter. It was cool to see Dave put someone from the media in their place when they're spouting off complete [BLEEP].

lol he doesn't hate his guts.  He doesn't think a guy who's been out of the league for 2 years is going to be an impact player.  I can see where he's coming from.  I don't think Blackmon is as good as a lot of fans seem to think.  Absence makes the heart grow stronger type of thing IMO.  If he comes back, then great.  He'll be #3 or #4 on the depth chart and probably won't get a whole lot of playing time unless he shows that he warrants it.

Blackmon still isn't even reinstated yet and as far as anybody knows hasn't applied for reinstatement with the league office.  Seems like a waste of time and server space to argue about it.

Quote:I don't think they missed anything regarding his past.  They knew full well what his off field issues were.  They did what fans had been demanding they do and stopped using their boy scout measuring stick in drafting the kid, and as a result, they took a chance on a phenomenal player with known character issues.  They got burned.  To be fair, that kind of talent is tough to pass on if you've got the opportunity to draft him and you have a need at that position.

From a guy who says the team doesn't listen to the fans, you sure do use that excuse alot.

I understand somebody tempering expectations and realizing he might not ever be a good player.  That isn't what Ryan O said.

Quote:Caldwell schooled him
Which is why i said Ryans sources at the stadium was the janitor cause im pretty sure noone else will talk to him. LOL

Quote:From a guy who says the team doesn't listen to the fans, you sure do use that excuse alot.

I've never said that's always the case, but hey, feel free to stalk my statements as you see fit. 

The bottom line is that any time they've seemed to give in to the whim of the fans when it comes to football decisions, the tendency is that it ended badly.  There are exceptions, but more often than not, when they caved, it hurt the team.