Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O'Halloran really hates Justin Blackmon guts

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 02:30 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:I've never said that's always the case, but hey, feel free to stalk my statements as you see fit. 

The bottom line is that any time they've seemed to give in to the whim of the fans when it comes to football decisions, the tendency is that it ended badly.  There are exceptions, but more often than not, when they caved, it hurt the team.
Stalk your statements?  That's a laugh.  You have almost 60,000 posts. 

Oh so they only listen to the fans when it goes badly?  How convenient. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Stalk your statements?  That's a laugh.  You have almost 60,000 posts. 

lol

This is gold.

Reading comprehension doesn't really appeal to you, huh?

Read that last sentence again and maybe do it a little more slowly.  Perhaps my point will sink in.  Probably not, but one can always hope. 

The point of my "stalk" comment was that you make it sound like I've always taken one position.  That's not the case, but if you feel the need to fabricate a reality so you can take your shots, knock yourself out, Brian Williams. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Reading comprehension doesn't really appeal to you, huh?

Read that last sentence again and maybe do it a little more slowly.  Perhaps my point will sink in.  Probably not, but one can always hope. 
Lol typical. 

Do you have these sentences all ready saved in your notebook or something?  You seem to use them an awful. 

You must be the only person who comprehend anything on this board, because I think you have said this to every single poster on here. 

Quote:Lol typical. 

Do you have these sentences all ready saved in your notebook or something?  You seem to use them an awful. 

You must be the only person who comprehend anything on this board, because I think you have said this to every single poster on here. 
Sometimes just saying the truth is good enough.  Doesn't require a whole lot of originality if it's true.

Most people here understand the words they read.  You're obviously an exception.  But hey, keep on trying.

Interesting that rather than address my point in that last sentence, you've chosen to deflect, further confirming my impression that you and reading comprehension don't reside in the same universe. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It's laughable to even suggest that the front office "caved" and did what the fans wanted, in effect doing something they know they shouldn't have.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It's laughable to even suggest that the front office "caved" and did what the fans wanted, in effect doing something they know they shouldn't have.

It has happened previously, so it's not laughable.  Wayne Weaver gave in to the fans when he fired Coughlin.  Said it was the worst mistake he made as an owner.

There's nothing to indicate Gene "caved" when he drafted Blackmon, but he did indeed deviate from his usual approach when bringing players in through the draft or free agency.  He was regularly blasted here, and in the media for focusing on small school guys and players who didn't have significant baggage in their past.  That mantra was pretty steady on this board.  Gene needed to draft guys who weren't necessarily boy scouts.  The first time he did?  We got Justin Blackmon. 

I think that to a certain extent, Caldwell and Gus caved to the fans who were hammering the team all over the place for starting Henne over Bortles.  They caved in and abandoned their plan to sit him for longer than they ultimately did. We will see soon enough if that was the right call, but based on the way the season concluded, there's certainly room to question that decision.

Quote:It has happened previously, so it's not laughable.  Wayne Weaver gave in to the fans when he fired Coughlin.  Said it was the worst mistake he made as an owner.

There's nothing to indicate Gene "caved" when he drafted Blackmon, but he did indeed deviate from his usual approach when bringing players in through the draft or free agency.  He was regularly blasted here, and in the media for focusing on small school guys and players who didn't have significant baggage in their past.  That mantra was pretty steady on this board.  Gene needed to draft guys who weren't necessarily boy scouts.  The first time he did?  We got Justin Blackmon. 

I think that to a certain extent, Caldwell and Gus caved to the fans who were hammering the team all over the place for starting Henne over Bortles.  They caved in and abandoned their plan to sit him for longer than they ultimately did. We will see soon enough if that was the right call, but based on the way the season concluded, there's certainly room to question that decision.
Boy Scout and Blackmon are like 2 extremes.

Gene was just really bad at drafting. Didn't matter if he drafted talent over character or character over talent. He was just really bad either way.

Quote:Sometimes just saying the truth is good enough.  Doesn't require a whole lot of originality if it's true.

Most people here understand the words they read.  You're obviously an exception.  But hey, keep on trying.

Interesting that rather than address my point in that last sentence, you've chosen to deflect, further confirming my impression that you and reading comprehension don't reside in the same universe. 

You went from saying ANY TIME they caved to the fans, to saying there are EXCEPTIONS...

Maybe you would be easier to comprehend if you didn't contradict your self within a matter of one sentence. 

Quote:Clearly, O'Halloran really doesn't like Blackmon. He should consider not injecting his bias into doing his job.

Yup, O'Halloran clearly has a bias about it. However, I think this falls into the "reporting" of modern times, where a person takes an extreme opinionated stance on something (either negative or positive) and rides it for what it's worth.

O'Halloran is using this "Shock Journalism/Reporting" for reactions of the masses to talk about it and listen to it on radio.

And look: His biased extreme opinion has people listening/talking all about it. There's 4 pages of it right here on this board.

He's ridiculous. But, people are tuning in and listening.

Quote:Yup, O'Halloran clearly has a bias about it. However, I think this falls into the "reporting" of modern times, where a person takes an extreme opinionated stance on something (either negative or positive) and rides it for what it's worth.

O'Halloran is using this "Shock Journalism/Reporting" for reactions of the masses to talk about it and listen to it on radio.

And look: His biased extreme opinion has people listening/talking all about it. There's 4 pages of it right here on this board.

He's ridiculous. But, people are tuning in and listening.
When you listen to him, either on the radio show, or when he's in a press conference, when he's discussing Blackmon, he clearly has an issue.  Caldwell asked him if he had a problem with Blackmon in reference to Ryan's question and he said he did.  There's no place for that when he's simply reporting on a subject.  He's certainly entitled to have his opinions, but that shouldn't taint the way he goes about conducting himself when he's in front of the team. 

I get it that his job is to get eyes on his articles online or in print, and to attract listeners on the radio.  If he's being paid to write opinion pieces, that's one thing.  He's not.  He's paid to cover the team and report what news there is.  Not create it.

Quote:You went from saying ANY TIME they caved to the fans, to saying there are EXCEPTIONS...

Maybe you would be easier to comprehend if you didn't contradict your self within a matter of one sentence. 
Again, the words are confusing you.  Understood.

Quote:Again, the words are confusing you.  Understood.
Again, you have used this same comeback for more than 30,000 of your posts. 

Think outside the box and come up with something new.

Quote:I've never said that's always the case, but hey, feel free to stalk my statements as you see fit. 

The bottom line is that any time they've seemed to give in to the whim of the fans when it comes to football decisions, the tendency is that it ended badly.  There are exceptions, but more often than not, when they caved, it hurt the team.

He did not say they listen to the fans when it goes badley. he said that when they listen to fans more then not the descion they made goes badley. Then he stipulated that there are exceptions to that logic but not often. Its 5th grade reading comprehension.

and yes i failed 5th grade grammer Tongue

Quote:He did not say they listen to the fans when it goes badley. he said that when they listen to fans more then not the descion they made goes badley. Then he stipulated that there are exceptions to that logic but not often. Its 5th grade reading comprehension.

and yes i failed 5th grade grammer Tongue

Still sucking up to fbt I see.

Quote:Again, you have used this same comeback for more than 30,000 of your posts. 

Think outside the box and come up with something new.
Putting any thought into a response to you is pointless. 

Quote:Still sucking up to fbt I see.
Yes, sucking up is now defined as understanding words. 

Quote:Yes, sucking up is now defined as understanding words.

Same comeback again. Geez.

Quote:Still sucking up to fbt I see.
Not sure i am sucking up to fbt by pointing out your mistake so you can stop making a fool of yourself for arguing a mistake you made. but by all means keep arguing because your to dumb to say you were wrong. :teehee:

Quote:You went from saying ANY TIME they caved to the fans, to saying there are EXCEPTIONS...

You know, I don't agree with several things that he says. But I fail to see any supposed contradiction.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]