Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Billick on the Jags

Quote:I was on here posting the same thing when they fired Fisch.  Billick is right on.

How did Manziel turn out?

Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was on here posting the same thing when they fired Fisch. Billick is right on.

Yeah I expect fisch to be one of the big names sought after to fill a vacant NFL OC job this offseason....
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I know you're trying to be cute, but the guy was actually hired by Harbaugh at Michigan. Not exactly a terrible recovery.

as a quarterbacks coach, wide receivers coach, and passing game coordinator

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 04:06 AM by theguy77.)

So the coach who never had a good offense says Jedd Fisch was a great offensive mind. NEXT!!

Did he even watch his own team in the Ravens Jags game where we threw like 15 OR 16 SCREEN PASSES!! Most of which did not even get 2 yards?

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 07:48 AM by Caldrac.)

Who is Brian Billck to question any headcoahes decision making when it comes to the offensive side of the football? This is the guy that let Trent Dilfer walk away from Baltimore for Elvis "Cry me a river" Grbac after he helped lead his team to their only Superbowl victory. This man went from the 1998 Vikings offensive onslaught which had two hall of famers on it playing receiver for him and arguably under two quarterbacks that were well established in Moon/Cunningham if I am not entirely mistaken. Both guys were already on a Hall of Fame caliber career path or towards the end of it. Baltimore's offense was never as good as it should have been. And it's evident if you look at the defensive minded coaches and guys that climbed through the ranks and through that staff it's pretty clear that those guys carried Brian more than Brian carried that team as a whole.

I wouldn't buy too much into what he's saying here. I've never liked Billick and this is exactly why. He overlooked the fact that this defense was in top five minimum in sacks this past season with virtually no names and getting after the QB. And regardless of what he thinks of Fisch on a personal level. I don't think the NFL echoed that same sentiment or feeling, otherwise, he would have found something in the NFL ranks instead of skulking back over to the college ranks again where he'll ride Jim Harbaugh's coat tails into another job elsewhere by 2017 out of Michigan.

You can say he was a great young "mind" all you want. The problem was that he kept calling the same ridiculous plays over and over and over and over and over and over again. He rarely changed anything up. It's apparent that he threw too much on Blake and that may have contributed to the kid's short falls and failures this year as a rookie as well. That's okay though. At the end of the day. It's hard to believe this offense won't be vastly improved now after what they've gone through in 2014 as a team.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!