Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Marrone a better head coach than Gus?

I know Doug is the assistant HC but would you rank Marrone as the superior coach based on his resume?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is this for real?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

No

Pancakes.

Definitely pancakes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Probably.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

At this point yes.

With all of the head coaching job openings this year, where did he land?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:With all of the head coaching job openings this year, where did he land?

And what exactly does that mean?

Coughlin didn't land anywhere either right after Jacksonville.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:And what exactly does that mean?

Coughlin didn't land anywhere either right after Jacksonville.
Good head coaches land one of those jobs. Not really that difficult.

We get it. You don't like Gus.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Good head coaches land one of those jobs. Not really that difficult.

We get it. You don't like Gus.
We get it. You think it's too early to talk about Gus sucking.

Like I said, coughlin didn't land a job right after jax, which doesn't mean he was a bad coach.

I don't think Gus sucks. I just wonder if we have a superior head coach with Marrone.

And it's only February...
;

;

More wins in one season than Gus has had in...

I don't think there's any question, it's Marrone. There's no tangible evidence proving otherwise.

Heck, Mike Pettine tied bradley's win total in one season. 

Marrone had more talent in Buffalo. The defensive side of the ball easily out classes the talent we have on both sides.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2015, 11:26 PM by temporaryname.)

Put either of those coaches on the team Gus has had to work with and I doubt the results vary much at all.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Marrone had more talent in Buffalo. The defensive side of the ball easily out classes the talent we have on both sides.

How about cleveland then?

nope

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

As a HC, Marrone is probably not even in the middle of the pack. The Bills won last year strictly because of our defense that Jim Schwartz won. Fred Jackson mentioned the Bills' success versus the NFC North teams last season was because of Schwartz who knew their tendencies. 

If you want a HC, I'd rather get Schwartz.

Quote:At this point yes.

At this point, No. Gus is a head coach in the NFL and Marrone is not.