Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Marrone a better head coach than Gus?

Quote:I know everyone wants to fixate on the records and they're using that to indicate that Gus is "struggling as a Head Coach", but I see it very differently.  You can't really compare what Marrone inherited in Buffalo to what Gus was handed here.  This team was fully expected to be bad over the past couple of seasons based on where it was when they stepped in, and what they needed to do to begin the process of turning things around.  I don't think Gus is struggling as a coach as much as he's simply playing the hand he's been dealt.  If the team continues to languish in the 4-5 win range in 2015, then he's obviously in over his head, but I don't think that's going to be the case. 

I think the Offense biggest problem was the Oline and the GM Dave Caldwell probably made the best move as GM so far in hiring Marrone as the Oline Coach / Ast HC.  I am not really sold on Olson is the OC, but hopefully im suprised there.

I think the team will continue to improve especially if they do get in great talent in FA & with the draft... hopefully the team wins at least 9 games this year... after 3 years of rebuilding I think most fans expect that!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think the Offense biggest problem was the Oline and the GM Dave Caldwell probably made the best move as GM so far in hiring Marrone as the Oline Coach / Ast HC.  I am not really sold on Olson is the OC, but hopefully im suprised there.

I think the team will continue to improve especially if they do get in great talent in FA & with the draft... hopefully the team wins at least 9 games this year... after 3 years of rebuilding I think most fans expect that!
SMH again try to follow this Dave did not hire Marrone. Gus did.

Quote:I know Doug is the assistant HC but would you rank Marrone as the superior coach based on his resume?

Have a seat, haveaseat, you're drunk!

In all seriousness, I don't think that anyone in the organization is thinking this way because they will be coaching as a TEAM, so I won't either. Let's hope that they work well together.
Shock the world

Quote:I think the Offense biggest problem was the Oline and the GM Dave Caldwell probably made the best move as GM so far in hiring Marrone as the Oline Coach / Ast HC.  I am not really sold on Olson is the OC, but hopefully im suprised there.

I think expectations for next year is six+ wins.  I think 9 is pushing it though.  We'd pretty much have to sweep Houston and Tennessee, then win against Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and three of the remaining games.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I dont believe so but maybe I'll be proven wrong in the long run, maybe Marrone will become a Head Coach again?

Does he like ice cream?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I think expectations for next year is six+ wins. I think 9 is pushing it though. We'd pretty much have to sweep Houston and Tennessee, then win against Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and three of the remaining games.

Yes, but crazier things have happened! I still have hope. I think this coming season's schedule is pretty favorable, I think

Quote:Does he like ice cream?

Oh man, good one. You owe me a new keyboard brother. Funny stuff right there.

I don't think we'll know how good a head coach Gus is until we get him some decent talent to work with. 

Considering Caldwell had nothing to do with the Marrone hire, you're already off target. 

That aside, I agree with you that GUS recognized the biggest issues and knew he needed to make changes to address them.  That's why Marrone is here, and that's why they've made a change at OC and added additional coaching resources to help bolster the offense. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Considering Caldwell had nothing to do with the Marrone hire, you're already off target. 

That aside, I agree with you that GUS recognized the biggest issues and knew he needed to make changes to address them.  That's why Marrone is here, and that's why they've made a change at OC and added additional coaching resources to help bolster the offense. 

You can't prove that Dave had nothing to do with the Marrone hire.  Conversely, no one can prove that Dave had everything to do with the hire.

What HC is 100% forthcoming and honest when reporting anything to the press?

Here's my take (without proof):

I think a safe assumption is both DC & GB had input on the Marrone hire.  I don't think Khan offered any input on that decision.  However, I think that Fisch's dismissal was a joint SK/DC/GB decision.  Gus probably was forced to accept sole responsibility for the decision since he was the one who hired Fisch.

I don't know if Marrone is a better HC than Bradley, and I do not think that Marrone's hire is a safety net of any sort.  If Gus struggles this year and gets the axe, expect an entirely new coaching staff.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:Yes, but crazier things have happened! I still have hope. I think this coming season's schedule is pretty favorable, I think

I've learned not to have hope. 

A man once said that Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.   But as another man said:  Hope is a dangerous thing.  Hope can drive a man insane.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:SMH again try to follow this Dave did not hire Marrone. Gus did.
Oh I thought the HC could suggest but that the GM made the final call, my bad.

Quote:I think expectations for next year is six+ wins.  I think 9 is pushing it though.  We'd pretty much have to sweep Houston and Tennessee, then win against Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and three of the remaining games.  
I mean from looking at the current talent and previous years more than 6 would be a stretch, but for a team that has been rebuilding for over 3 years its time to see a winning season...

Gus Bradley makes Jack DelRio look like Tom Landry.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 06:56 PM by haveaseat.)

Does anyone want to change their minds?

Our own head coach didn't realize AR15 was being double covered, constantly admits making mistakes 3 years in and consistently stayed in zone coverage waiting for Brady to pick us apart.

Quote:Does anyone want to change their minds?

Our own head coach didn't realize AR15 was being double covered, constantly admits making mistakes 3 years in and consistently stayed in zone coverage waiting for Brady to pick us apart.

How Gus can be so blind is beyond me. I felt ashamed that he's our coach after reading that on twitter.

Now we know why we have been out scored more than any team since 2012. It's because Bradley is really blind.

That's why he bends over during the games... He's trying to figure out who's double covered, and if it's the offense or defense on the field.

The bum has to go.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:How Gus can be so blind is beyond me. I felt ashamed that he's our coach after reading that on twitter.

Now we know why we have been out scored more than any team since 2012. It's because Bradley is really blind.

That's why he bends over during the games... He's trying to figure out who's double covered, and if it's the offense or defense on the field.

The bum has to go.
Maybe he just needs glasses

Hey that might be the problem.  He might have needed glasses all along to see what is going on in these games!  We might be on to something

Quote:I know Doug is the assistant HC but would you rank Marrone as the superior coach based on his resume?
I really didnt know much about Marrone until he came here, but he's a great OLine coach.

Gus is a great DC, but neither of them are probably a good HC.

It doesnt always turn out when they get promoted...

If the owner fires Gus I hope he takes a chance on a great promising Head Coach instead of just picking from previous failure HCs.