Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Marrone a better head coach than Gus?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 11:13 PM by Jerrad.)

Gus can't wear glasses, the lenses might get frosted up when he serves the post game ice cream. Also when he is dancing like a lunatic somebody can bump into and him and knock his glasses off and accidentally step on them, then he'd be screwed!!!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I really didnt know much about Marrone until he came here, but he's a great OLine coach.

Gus is a great DC, but neither of them are probably a good HC.

It doesnt always turn out when they get promoted...

If the owner fires Gus I hope he takes a chance on a great promising Head Coach instead of just picking from previous failure HCs.

So...another Gus then?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good point i say Michigan's Head Coach is a good choice of the available failure HCs...

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 11:28 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Good point i say Michigan's Head Coach is a good choice of the available failure HCs...

You really think Harbaugh is going to leave Michigan to come to Jacksonville? To add, do you think anyone of relevance is going to want to come to Jacksonville? Any coach we get will have to be some washed up failure or a young up and comer with zero experience.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Looks down and kicks a rock... 

i guess you are right...

What about marty schottenheimer?

Quote:You really think Harbaugh is going to leave Michigan to come to Jacksonville? To add, do you think anyone of relevance is going to want to come to Jacksonville? Any coach we get will have to be some washed up failure or a young up and comer with zero experience.

NFL jobs are a sought after commodity. You give someone of prestige autonomy and they will come. That kind of thing appeals to guys like Coughlin and Parcells.

Of course, that would mean Caldwell would have to go, too. I think Caldwell has promise, but he bears the brunt of the responsibility for Gus, too.

Truth be told...Bradley's crappy performance will end a few careers prematurely- not just his own.

You can't get any worse.

Quote:NFL jobs are a sought after commodity. You give someone of prestige autonomy and they will come. That kind of thing appeals to guys like Coughlin and Parcells.

Of course, that would mean Caldwell would have to go, too. I think Caldwell has promise, but he bears the brunt of the responsibility for Gus, too.

Truth be told...Bradley's crappy performance will end a few careers prematurely- not just his own.

Then why are the Raiders and Browns stuck always hiring scrubs? If there is another opening even just slightly more appealing than the Jags, we have no chance.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I wonder how TCU head coach would do?

Quote:You can't get any worse.

Please stop saying that. Ever since Coughlin left its gotten worse. Each regime sets new lows. How can you say it can't get any worse?

Only big market teams that sell a lot of tickets get good coaches and players.   Makes me think that the NFL is rigged, because why couldnt a good coach & team exist from a small market that owns the NFL if it wasnt all about money?

Quote:Then why are the Raiders and Browns stuck always hiring scrubs? If there is another opening even just slightly more appealing than the Jags, we have no chance.
Did you not read what I said? Did the Raiders give JDR autonomy? No.

You have to give big to get big.

Quote:Only big market teams that sell a lot of tickets get good coaches and players.   Makes me think that the NFL is rigged, because why couldnt a good coach & team exist from a small market that owns the NFL if it wasnt all about money?

You know the problem?  The bottom rung teams are too cheap to pay the extra it takes to secure a top tier coach.  The system isn't rigged, but if you suck, you have to pay even more to get the higher end coach to consider your team.  

Think about it...  If the team sucks, then it's gonna take time for the top tier coach to turn it around.  That means there's extra risk.  With extra risk, you expect a higher return.  

Shad should understand that.  Since we suck, we have to pay more to get the top tier coach here as opposed to a "big market" team that is looking for a new HC.  It's just the way it works.  But it's time to understand that the idea of trying to get lucky on an inexperienced HC or some retread that was never any good isn't gonna cut it.

We need to try a new approach.  You know, like spending money on the best available.  Target the top and pay him 25% more than the next team would.  Period.  That's how you turn this thing around.  If Sean Payton is available and wants to coach next year, you pay him whatever it takes to get him here.  

He is undoubtedly better. With Gus's record you really cant argue otherwise.

Sean Peyton has won a Super Bowl and is a very smart coach. His team has been gutted and Brees has barely anything left in the tank. If this season goes down in flames towards the bye, YOU GET SEAN PEYTON!

Nah. Payton would have been nothing sans brees. Id prefer Haley, the guy who took matt cassel to the playoffs

Look what haley has done with that offense in pitt. It's fantastic. Bummer roethlisberger got hurt

Quote:Is this for real?
Definitely not just fantasy.

Quote:Nah. Payton would have been nothing sans brees. Id prefer Haley, the guy who took matt cassel to the playoffs
Don't understand how this makes any sense. Any coach that doesn't have a good QB will eventually fail. Sean Peyton showed he could coach the Saints to a Super Bowl and win it - with multiple winning seasons after that. 

If you want to say he would be nothing without Brees, fine. What would Todd Haley be without Antonio Brown, Bell, Roethlisberger, Martavis Bryant, DeAngelo Williams, Heath Miller, Pouncey, etc...??? This has been the problem with this franchise. Stop going for OC's and DC's that failed at the HC position in the past and get someone who is a proven winner. Have you not seen what happened with JDR, Mularkey, and now Bradley? JDR I still very much like, but you could tell he wanted out of Jax.

Quote:Don't understand how this makes any sense. Any coach that doesn't have a good QB will eventually fail. Sean Peyton showed he could coach the Saints to a Super Bowl and win it - with multiple winning seasons after that.

If you want to say he would be nothing without Brees, fine. What would Todd Haley be without Antonio Brown, Bell, Roethlisberger, Martavis Bryant, DeAngelo Williams, Heath Miller, Pouncey, etc...??? This has been the problem with this franchise. Stop going for OC's and DC's that failed at the HC position in the past and get someone who is a proven winner. Have you not seen what happened with JDR, Mularkey, and now Bradley? JDR I still very much like, but you could tell he wanted out of Jax.

Todd Haley wasnt a failed head coach, he was working for an incompetent, paranoid gm. He was fired because they didnt get along.