Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Marrone a better head coach than Gus?

They overachieved in 2010, getting 10 wins. He was fired after a 7-9 season. But that man improved that team. They were competitive. Far, far more than gus has accomplished. Sean payton wasnt even able to get 7 wins with breesus last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Todd Haley wasnt a failed head coach, he was working for an incompetent, paranoid gm. He was fired because they didnt get along.
Haley never had control of the Chiefs, and that was his downfall. He was very much a failure as a head coach.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 01:59 AM by Sosa.)

Quote:They overachieved in 2010, getting 10 wins. He was fired after a 7-9 season. But that man improved that team. They were competitive. Far, far more than gus has accomplished. Sean payton wasnt even able to get 7 wins with breesus last year.
He did get 7 wins with Breesus last year. The Saints are a team with barely any talent around them anymore, and Brees isn't the same QB he use to be. We need to get a coach that is 100% proven and knows how to win football games consistently. I hope it works out for Gus, but so far it doesn't look promising and Sean Peyton would turn this team around faster than anyone else available. He'd light a fire under the Jags butts and wouldn't take them to Baskin Robins after a 3-13 season.

I'm going to go with: Super Bowl winner > Fired Coach

Quote:He did get 7 wins with Breesus last year. The Saints are a team with barely any talent around them anymore, and Brees isn't the same QB he use to be. We need to get a coach that is 100% proven and knows how to win football games consistently. I hope it works out for Gus, but so far it doesn't look promising and Sean Peyton would turn this team around faster than anyone else available. He'd light a fire under the Jags butts and wouldn't take them to Baskin Robins after a 3-13 season.

I'm going to go with: Super Bowl winner > Fired Coach

I dont think he'll even be available. Theyre gonna cut ties with brees, but cutting ties with both would be a big undertaking for them

Quote:At this point, No. Gus is a head coach in the NFL and Marrone is not.
This is the most illogical answer I've ever seen in any thread on this message board.

He said no debate, I'm taking my toys and going home!

From NFL.com

The Jaguars battered secondary never stood a chance in this game. Strong safety Johnathan Cyprien was inactive, free safety Josh Evans was lost to a knee injury and Sergio Brown suffered a calf injury. This could be a problem again next week at Indianapolis

He's not the answer.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

more wins in one season than gus in his entire career

O M G.

Another thread? Butt hurt dummies

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Only big market teams that sell a lot of tickets get good coaches and players. Makes me think that the NFL is rigged, because why couldnt a good coach & team exist from a small market that owns the NFL if it wasnt all about money?

Yeah that metropolis in Green Bay has all the Luck of an Indianapolis.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sean Payton would never come here

Bradley was hired to mold a young team into a contender. There is an understanding between him Caldwell to build the team as agreed by Khan. Why even bring this stuff up? Gus is the head coach and he will continue to be. Just stop!

Is Marrone better than Gus? That's like asking me if Burger King is better than Dairy Queen. The answer is, can I eat somewhere else?

Quote:And what exactly does that mean?

Coughlin didn't land anywhere either right after Jacksonville.
Actually he did land in a spot. The owner chose Coughlin as an advisor knowing that he wanted him as his next head coach. Coughlin was selected as the Giants' next head coach the following year...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:Bradley was hired to mold a young team into a contender. There is an understanding between him Caldwell to build the team as agreed by Khan. Why even bring this stuff up? Gus is the head coach and he will continue to be. Just stop!

WELL SAID...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:Is Marrone better than Gus? That's like asking me if Burger King is better than Dairy Queen. The answer is, can I eat somewhere else?
No, this team likes ice-cream parties.

Quote:No, this team likes ice-cream parties.

Vanilla has more flavor than your responses.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Vanilla has more flavor than your responses.
Touch me

Quote:WELL SAID...

NH3...

Well said indeed. Notice he didn't list one accomplishment or good trait about Gus? Just a bunch of rhetoric. Pretty fitting when describing this particular head coach.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!