Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Two best current QBs who have NOT won a Super Bowl?

Since it is Super Bowl week, I was wondering who each of you thought were the two best current QBs, one from the AFC and one from the NFC, who have NOT won a Super Bowl.

Just name one QB from each conference.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Easy

Rivers

Romo

Quote:Easy

Rivers

Romo

Good choices.

The list really can't be very long.imo

You could probably throw in Stafford and Ryan as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2015, 08:01 PM by Jags239.)

AFC: Luck

NFC: Stafford and Romo tie for me.

AFC :  Andrew Luck

NFC :  Matt Ryan 

Matthew Stafford made major strides in 2014 cutting down turnovers.   But he needs to win a playoff game ( regardless of what transpired with the officiating in the playoff loss to the Cowboys ) before I will put him ahead of Matt Ryan.  

Tony Romo improved greatly in 2014.   Yet,  Romo's history in too many big spots prior to 2014 factors in my choice of Ryan over him.

Good question. I think it is obvious Andrew Luck is the best AFC quarterback without a ring. In the NFC, I have to go with Tony Romo.

Luck, Ryan

Rivers has to be up there.

Don't like the guy. But still should be up there

Quote:Rivers has to be up there.

Don't like the guy. But still should be up there

Agreed. Philip Rivers has played at too high a level for too long to not be above Andrew Luck. The state of his skill players goes up and down. Same with his defense. Gates and Ryan Mathews have had injuries issues as of late, yet Philip keeps San Diego relevant and has for as long as he's been their QB.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Rivers and Luck. Although his best days are behind him, Carson Palmer might be in the conversation also.

Bottles and Gabbert

Quote:Bottles

Justin Blackmon plays Wide Receiver.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Bottles and Gabbert

I think someone misread the title of this thread.

Maybe they should put on their "bottles" and read it again.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2015, 09:02 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

So basically it's Rivers or Luck in the AFC.

And Romo, Stafford or Ryan the NFC.

I was just kind of wondering who the next "first time" SB winning QB would be. Some QB out there will be.

It was RW last year. And the winner of Flacco/Kaep the year before.

Who will it be next?

Luck's definitely the best of the young QBs out there, but there are so many average to below average starting QBs in the NFL today.

Rivers and Romo.
Huh

Rivers seems like the easy answer for the AFC, I was a bit surprised by all the Luck love but I also dont get to see him play as much as I do Rivers. Also thinking Luck has a long way to go still being so young.

NFC makes me think Romo since he has typically had very solid seasons even with a losing team. Ryan and Stafford have showed they have skills at times but still seem to lack something.

It's really Luck and then everyone else.

If you have to pick a number 2 guy it's Romo for me.  

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2015, 11:25 PM by Cable.)

AFC: Rivers then Luck

NFC: Ryan, Stafford, Palmer and Romo are tied for 3rd in my list for NFC.

Sorry, phone decided to put room instead of allowing Romo.

Quote:AFC: Rivers then Luck

NFC: Ryan, Stafford, Palmer and Romo
are tied for 3rd in my list for NFC.

Fixed.