Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former CFL Head Coach Scott Milanovich is new QB Coach

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] name former CFL head coach Scott Milanovich quarterbacks coach. Full story: <a class="" href='https://t.co/iPFzQuuNRH' title="http://jagrs.com/QBsCoach">http://jagrs.com/QBsCoach</a>

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Terrible hire. Am I doing this right?

Championship

Phew sorry Blake......

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 08:00 PM by BritishJag.)

He just resigned as the Toronto Argonauts HC to take this job.

Very little to judge him on.

Seems like his QB in Toronto did well but not really sure.

Strange hire but interesting all the same

Quote:He just resigned as the Toronto Argonauts HC to take this job.

For the first time I researched a CFL statistic.  Toronto had the second worst offense in that league last year.  Not judging though, just stating the facts ma'am.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:For the first time I researched a CFL statistic. Toronto had the second worst offense in that league last year. Not judging though, just stating the facts ma'am.

The Argos also had terrible offensive players and Ricky Ray was injured as usual and is fairly old at this point.

If there's one thing he was good at in the CFL it was working with QBs. Two of the guys he developed there are starting for other teams, including former Jag Trevor Harris.

Well he saw the last horse crap former HC assistant get promoted to the head job after accomplishing nothing, so maybe he's hoping lightning strikes twice?

Played in the XFL too

Quote:The Argos also had terrible offensive players and Ricky Ray was injured as usual and is fairly old at this point.

If there's one thing he was good at in the CFL it was working with QBs. Two of the guys he developed there are starting for other teams, including former Jag Trevor Harris.

Oh OK. I'll be the first to admit I know nothing of the CFL.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Chhhhaaaammmmppppiiiioooonnnnnsshhiiipp

Quote:For the first time I researched a CFL statistic.  Toronto had the second worst offense in that league last year.  Not judging though, just stating the facts ma'am.

This helps explain his availability as he already agreed to part ways with the Argonauts after what he deemed a disastrous season. He was the Argos HC since 2012 when he won Coach of the Year and took the team to the Grey Cup, however, prior to that he was basically a QB Coach from 2003 to 2011, and a QB prior to that having won three Grey Cups.

Keep in mind in the CFL you only get three downs on a larger field where passing is emphasized much more despite fielding less talented QBs. This means that a ton of resources is spent coaching up the QBs. He very well may be just what Blake needs to re-gain his confidence and fulfill his potential.

'02

Quote:This helps explain his availability as he already agreed to part ways with the Argonauts after what he deemed a disastrous season. He was the Argos HC since 2012 when he won Coach of the Year and took the team to the Grey Cup, however, prior to that he was basically a QB Coach from 2003 to 2011, and a QB prior to that having won three Grey Cups.

Keep in mind in the CFL you only get three downs on a larger field where passing is emphasized much more despite fielding less talented QBs. This means that a ton of resources is spent coaching up the QBs. He very well may be just what Blake needs to re-gain his confidence and fulfill his potential.
Great work bro. as usual.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Oh OK. I'll be the first to admit I know nothing of the CFL.

Up until '96 they had two teams called the Rough Riders and the Roughriders.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Who said that?

We hired a CFL coach to fix Blake. Lol

Quote:We hired a CFL coach to fix Blake. LOL

It does not matter as long as that CFL coach knows how to fix NFL quarterbacks.

Quote:We hired a CFL coach to fix Blake. Lol
You not liking him means he's most likely a good hire.

Thanks BKLYN!

Quote:We hired a CFL coach to fix Blake. Lol

Do you know anything about him or do you just like being an [BLEEP]?