Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former CFL Head Coach Scott Milanovich is new QB Coach

We should have just bought in Byron Leftwich like I said... smh... Well here's to hope.. Hopefully this is the guy that fix Blake..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Terrible hire. Am I doing this right?

Close....

Quote:We should have just bought in Byron Leftwich like I said... smh... Well here's to hope.. Hopefully this is the guy that fix Blake..

Why would we want to hire a guy we cut because he was not good enough? Zero chance Byron Leftwich would fix Blake Bortles.

Quote:Why would we want to hire a guy we cut because he was not good enough? Zero chance Byron Leftwich would fix Blake Bortles.

Ummmm okk... zero chances gotcha..

#becausejaguars

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Chhhhaaaammmmppppiiiioooonnnnnsshhiiipp

I was looking for this.

Argo Fan here. Scott is an offensive genius and has been working with legends such as Anthony Calvillo (most passing yards all time with 79,816) and Ricky Ray (x3 GC champ and 11th all time in passing) for the last 8 years. He has also developed two very promising QBs in the last few years with the Argos that are currently starting with other teams (the Argos stupidly traded them away, but that's a different discussion altogether). Scott was also a QB in the NFL before coaching so it hopefully won't take too long to adapt to the American game again.

The Argos are currently falling apart, the GM got fired 3 days ago, so I'm not surprised he left us for another job. It's probably a good thing he is limited to just being a QB coach for now. If he does well, I can see him moving up in a few years.

copied from a poster on reddit^

Quote:You not liking him means he's most likely a good hire.

Thanks BKLYN!

It really just means that he was hired by the Jaguars.

Quote:We should have just bought in Byron Leftwich like I said... smh... Well here's to hope.. Hopefully this is the guy that fix Blake..

What? The reason why Byron washed out of the league is because he never could fix his own mechanics. He had no touch on his passes and he could never make his windup more compact. He would never fix Blake.

Quote:Argo Fan here. Scott is an offensive genius and has been working with legends such as Anthony Calvillo (most passing yards all time with 79,816) and Ricky Ray (x3 GC champ and 11th all time in passing) for the last 8 years. He has also developed two very promising QBs in the last few years with the Argos that are currently starting with other teams (the Argos stupidly traded them away, but that's a different discussion altogether). Scott was also a QB in the NFL before coaching so it hopefully won't take too long to adapt to the American game again.

The Argos are currently falling apart, the GM got fired 3 days ago, so I'm not surprised he left us for another job. It's probably a good thing he is limited to just being a QB coach for now. If he does well, I can see him moving up in a few years.

That name sounds familiar. Is he the same guy that used to be the starting QB for the Maryland Terrapins many years ago? If so, I kinda liked him.

He turned chad owens into the best wr in the league for a few years when Toronto won the grey cup a few times shortly after we cut him.

He's got a really good emphasising the pass in the pass happy CFL. Yes the rules are different but so is the talent.
Jags 4 Life

Quote:Argo Fan here. Scott is an offensive genius and has been working with legends such as Anthony Calvillo (most passing yards all time with 79,816) and Ricky Ray (x3 GC champ and 11th all time in passing) for the last 8 years. He has also developed two very promising QBs in the last few years with the Argos that are currently starting with other teams (the Argos stupidly traded them away, but that's a different discussion altogether). Scott was also a QB in the NFL before coaching so it hopefully won't take too long to adapt to the American game again.

I was like, my that sounds just like a reddit post i read earlier. 

Quote:I was like, my that sounds just like a reddit post i read earlier.
yeah it made for a good plot twist at the end.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 05:47 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Sometimes people get burned out as well. And any respectable coach looking to advance their carreer. Will, Gladly accept an NFL job.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:You not liking him means he's most likely a good hire.

Thanks BKLYN!

Blue or Black? Black? So you go with Blue? Brilliant! Wink

I personally am just good with whatever TC (The O' Wise One) signs off on.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

That's all pretty accurate. I live in upstate NY right now so I get a little more access to CFL games than most people in the united states.

This guy is a good coach. The situation in Toronto right now sort of resembles the buffalo situation over the past couple years....Only worse.

The stability of that franchise is terrible right now.

Smart offensive guy that in a few seasons will likely be an NFL OC somewhere.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:We hired a CFL coach to fix Blake. Lol
For the longest time, the Packers had an ex CFL guy coaching their QBs (Clements).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:That's all pretty accurate. I live in upstate NY right now so I get a little more access to CFL games than most people in the united states.

This guy is a good coach. The situation in Toronto right now sort of resembles the buffalo situation over the past couple years....Only worse.

The stability of that franchise is terrible right now.

Smart offensive guy that in a few seasons will likely be an NFL OC somewhere.
Sounds like took the smart decision and got out before the whole thing collapses completely. Though I do wonder which makes more; a CFL head coach or an NFL QB coach. 

Quote:Sounds like took the smart decision and got out before the whole thing collapses completely. Though I do wonder which makes more; a CFL head coach or an NFL QB coach. 

Good question. It could depend on which currency you are comparing them to.

Quote: 

Keep in mind in the CFL you only get three downs
on a larger field where passing is emphasized much more despite fielding less talented QBs. 

Wish we had him last season.  The though of punting on 3rd down may have worked in our favor.