Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former CFL Head Coach Scott Milanovich is new QB Coach

Quote:Sounds like took the smart decision and got out before the whole thing collapses completely. Though I do wonder which makes more; a CFL head coach or an NFL QB coach.

I couldn't find anything concrete but it sounds like most CFL head coaches make between 50-100k and the highest paid ones are somewhere near 300-400k

My guess was a QB coach probably makes around 50k-100k depending on the demand for how good their services are. Then I looked that up too...

Supposedly in 2005 Sean Payton got paid 1 million as QB coach. It's based on quality of work and how well the QB performs.

So I guess I didn't really even come up with an answer.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 10:23 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Argo Fan here. Scott is an offensive genius and has been working with legends such as Anthony Calvillo (most passing yards all time with 79,816) and Ricky Ray (x3 GC champ and 11th all time in passing) for the last 8 years. He has also developed two very promising QBs in the last few years with the Argos that are currently starting with other teams (the Argos stupidly traded them away, but that's a different discussion altogether). Scott was also a QB in the NFL before coaching so it hopefully won't take too long to adapt to the American game again.

The Argos are currently falling apart, the GM got fired 3 days ago, so I'm not surprised he left us for another job. It's probably a good thing he is limited to just being a QB coach for now. If he does well, I can see him moving up in a few years.

copied from a poster on reddit^

just curious what is your tie to the Argos and the CFL?   I kind of root for Hamilton since our neighbor is from there and in the Grey Cup this year I was pulling for Ottawa over Calgary --- no reason other than the fact that I could see us visiting the Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec region in the future (upon retirement).   When I was real young, Edmonton dominated the CFL with Warren Moon as QB.  That stuff was all new to me as ESPN was just getting started as well.

The Warren Moon mention made me wonder how many former CFL players are in the NFL right now.

It's also worth mentioning that the CFL field is wider, and the end zones are deeper. This means that the passing windows are much wider. Timing and accuracy are less important than just brute arm strength in that game.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

After looking around some, I'm thinking a good qb coach in the NFL is making anywhere from $500,000 to $1.5 mil.

'02

Quote:The Warren Moon mention made me wonder how many former CFL players are in the NFL right now.

I think Flutie is the last real CFL QB that came to the NFL and really amounted to anything.  If there are any former CFL QBs in the NFL right now, I'd think they are non-impact players simply carrying the clipboard.

The average player in the CFL makes less than $100,000 per year so that's not much of an incentive for people like Tebow to go and develop his skills considering he can make 10x that amount as an analyst and public speaker (and not changing his "brand")

Jeff Garcia cut his teeth in the CFL as well.
Quote:I think Flutie is the last real CFL QB that came to the NFL and really amounted to anything. If there are any former CFL QBs in the NFL right now, I'd think they are non-impact players simply carrying the clipboard.

The average player in the CFL makes less than $100,000 per year so that's not much of an incentive for people like Tebow to go and develop his skills considering he can make 10x that amount as an analyst and public speaker (and not changing his "brand")

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

There's so many new faces here...

And there's gonna be a lot of new players too....

The difference between cfl and nfl other than wider fields and longer is the wrs get to run behind the line of scrimmage before ball is snapped. So the less gifted wrs get a better jump on the DB.

The cfl has some good talet but most are undersized and the ones who aren't end up in the NFL.

John Chick few years and most notable is Cameron Wake.

Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie were in the CFL first.

Most players won't go to the cfl from nfl due to pay cut.

Most LB and DB are tweeners in the NFL. Situational players due to size difference.
Jags 4 Life

Quote:The difference between cfl and nfl other than wider fields and longer is the wrs get to run behind the line of scrimmage before ball is snapped. So the less gifted wrs get a better jump on the DB.

The cfl has some good talet but most are undersized and the ones who aren't end up in the NFL.

John Chick few years and most notable is Cameron Wake.

Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie were in the CFL first.

Most players won't go to the cfl from nfl due to pay cut.

Most LB and DB are tweeners in the NFL. Situational players due to size difference.

There are tons of players that go NFL to CFL. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:There are tons of players that go NFL to CFL.

Only because they can't get on an NFL roster though. Its all undrafted free agents and scrubs.

The ones who end up in the CFL are tweeners or smaller athlete's whi can't make it or need some fine tuning
Jags 4 Life

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 07:55 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:Only because they can't get on an NFL roster though. Its all undrafted free agents and scrubs.

And older players, as well as players who might not have gotten as much playing time in the NFL but start and get lots of time in the CFL. Sometimes players with off field issues go to the CFL as well.

Quote:And older players, as well as players who might not have gotten as much playing time in the NFL but start and get lots of time in the CFL. Sometimes players with off field issues go to the CFL as well.

They would all fall under the scrubs bracket.

The cfl although does follow the nfl suspension protocol now so ig suspended in nfl can not play in cfl. Since rucky williams.
Jags 4 Life

No one good was willing to "fix" Blake.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:No one good was willing to "fix" Blake.

Who did they contact?

Quote:Who did they contact?

Bill Walsh, Norv Turner, Joe Montana, Dan Marino. All of em said no.

I'm just mocking the trolls. I don't know anythinG about this coach.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 08:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Also, I think the CFL has a 55% Canadian quota for their Roster. It's like Canada built a wall and the US is paying for it.

<div>
<div style="font-size:18px;"> 
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div style="font-size:18px;">How many American players can be on a CFL team?
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>CFL roster sizes are <b>46</b> players (rather than 53 as in the NFL, though only 45 will dress for a game). A CFL team may dress up to 42 players comprising 20 non-imports (essentially, Canadians), <b>19</b> imports (almost exclusively Americans), and 3 quarterbacks.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Quote:Also, I think the CFL has a 55% Canadian quota for their Roster. It's like Canada built a wall and the US is paying for it.

How many American players can be on a CFL team?

CFL roster sizes are 46 players (rather than 53 as in the NFL, though only 45 will dress for a game). A CFL team may dress up to 42 players comprising 20 non-imports (essentially, Canadians), 19 imports (almost exclusively Americans), and 3 quarterbacks.

Yes they have to start 7 nationals. Some teams will start 8 if they have good Canadian depth. I believe soccer leagues have similar rules for their domestic leagues.