Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former CFL Head Coach Scott Milanovich is new QB Coach

Quote:The CFL although does follow the NFL suspension protocol now so if suspended in NFL cannot play in CFL. Since Ricky Williams.

Did the CFL started implementing suspensions because of Ricky Williams?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lots of success working with QB's in the CFL like others have mentioned - that includes working with well-entrenched starters as well as backups who've gone on to success as starters. He also won 3 Grey Cups (1 as a head coach) in the space of 4 seasons. 

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 01:52 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Jeff Garcia cut his teeth in the CFL as well.

I totally forgot about Garcia.  Definitely had some good years in the NFL.  Then, Terrell Owens blew up his career in typical TO fashion by stating Garcia was gay.  SMH !!!

Garcia with wife below ....

[Image: jeff-garcia-wife-i7.jpg]

Quote:We hired a CFL coach to fix Blake. Lol

Bud Grant and Marv Levy coached in the CFL.

Quote:Bud Grant and Marv Levy coached in the CFL.

Off topic Marv Levy story - I'm at a computer conference in a swank Williamsburg hotel complex. In between sessions I'm in a hallway with lots of people, and there's Marv Levy.  No one talking to him.  So I walk up and said something like "I guess no one else here knows you're a celebrity".  He say "Hi Tom, how's it going?"  And for a split second I'm thinking Holy Cow, Marv Levy knows my name!  And then I realize I'm wearing a name tag that says Hi My Name is Tom.

Quote:Bud Grant and Marv Levy coached in the CFL.

So did Marc Trestman before he got the Bears job.

Quote:Did the CFL started implementing suspensions because of Ricky Williams?

I wouldn't say because, but in order for the players and the league, they figured it would be best to adjust and not give a player a chance to play during suspension. Like gordon, blackmon. They suspended in CFL they can't play in NFL and if sispended in NFL can't play in CFL.

Most don't want to olay in the CFL since the ave. Player only makes 40-60k. Stars make 200-500k as the salary caps are very low as the league doesn't make alot of money.
Jags 4 Life

Quote:Lots of success working with QB's in the CFL like others have mentioned - that includes working with well-entrenched starters as well as backups who've gone on to success as starters. He also won 3 Grey Cups (1 as a head coach) in the space of 4 seasons. 

One thing does make me wonder tho... In his final Grey Cup victory won as HC, the MVP was his RB... not his QB.

'02

Quote:So did Marc Trestman before he got the Bears job.
This coach worked with Marc while he was there

Quote:One thing does make me wonder tho... In his final Grey Cup victory won as HC, the MVP was his RB... not his QB.

QB play was pretty good....

BTW, who caught the QB's 2 TD's?  

2 former Jags, Chad Owens and Dontrelle Inman.

Quote:QB play was pretty good....

BTW, who caught the QB's 2 TD's?  

2 former Jags, Chad Owens and Dontrelle Inman.

Interestingly... Inman is one of my FB friends (as are most current and former players who are on FB), so I happen to know that today is his birthday.

'02

Quote:Played in the XFL too
Fun fact: Scott Milanovich was the 1st overall pick in the XFL draft.

Quote:Fun fact: Scott Milanovich was the 1st overall pick in the XFL draft.

That's crazy, was he really that good?

Quote:That's crazy, was he really that good?
Apparently not. He lost that XFL starting job to Tommy Maddox then went to NFL Europe for one year.  Two years after that XFL draft he was coaching the quarterbacks in Calgary.  

Quote:Apparently not. He lost that XFL starting job to Tommy Maddox then went to NFL Europe for one year.  Two years after that XFL draft he was coaching the quarterbacks in Calgary.  

Yeah, but as I recall, Maddox was the XFL MVP.

'02

Quote:Yeah, but as I recall, Maddox was the XFL MVP.
I know LA won the whole thing, so that's probably accurate. 

I'm more interested in Milanovich the coach than the player, but the fact that he spent time playing in four different pro leagues can only help him relate to the young guys.  

Quote:Off topic Marv Levy story - I'm at a computer conference in a swank Williamsburg hotel complex. In between sessions I'm in a hallway with lots of people, and there's Marv Levy.  No one talking to him.  So I walk up and said something like "I guess no one else here knows you're a celebrity".  He say "Hi Tom, how's it going?"  And for a split second I'm thinking Holy Cow, Marv Levy knows my name!  And then I realize I'm wearing a name tag that says Hi My Name is Tom.

Love this!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It could be okay. Really hard to judge this hire. Big risks sometimes bring big rewards. But wait we are Jags fans Big Grin.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA