Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What free agents do you want?

Our run game was just terrible this year, we have the weakest RB depth chart. I would LOVE to go after Mark Ingram, good all around RB, coming off a pro bowl year and only 25 years old.... I know we have big needs at o-line and DBs but i think we should go draft for those needs. There are some rbs in the draft the are kind of intriguing but no instant impact rbs in my opinion... Who would u like to see us get in FA?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Crabtree

Bulaga

Moore

Clay

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015, 12:26 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Bryan Bulaga and Julius Thomas are at the top of my list. I also would like Randall Cobb, but he expressed a preference to stay in Green Bay.

justin houston

bryan bulaga

chris harris jr

Why Chris Harris? It would be easier to just re-sign Alan Ball, who already knows the system and played well for us.

I would not be surprised if the Chiefs give Justin Houston the franchise tag.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/22487...ed-defense

The rating of QB opposing high is quite low,  just 25 years old, almost nobody talks about him so shouldn´t be that expensive.

I know that´s likely to happen, but if somehow he gets to free agency give him what he want.

All of them
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Rob Housler

I meant opposing him* and i think Gus is trying to get the defense younger and because of that I think it would be a good fit here.

Quote:Why Chris Harris? It would be easier to just re-sign Alan Ball, who already knows the system and played well for us.

I would not be surprised if the Chiefs give Justin Houston the franchise tag.

Did u seriously say you would take Alan Ball over Chris harris????... so in other words you would take a 29 yr old srcub over a 25 year old pro bowler, f9r probably around the same price... yeah that makes sense l....smh

I'm wondering about Julius Thomas, but I'd like to see some evidence that he's not useless as a blocker.

Bulaga would be perfect, but apparently won't escape Green Bay.

The one guy I really want but don't hear anybody else saying is Darrelle Revis.

And for an ideal backup qb... get Jake Locker. He'll be able to stay healthy sitting on the bench, and can excel in clutch situations when he's needed.

And at RB, Antone Smith is already accustomed to the environment being from Atlanta and would probably beat out all the competition... or else push the competition to where they need to be as a feature back.

I'd also look into getting a C and an Otto LB.

'02

Quote:Did you seriously say you would take Alan Ball over Chris Harris? So in other words you would take a 29 year old srcub over a 25 year old Pro Bowler, for probably around the same price. Yeah that makes sense.

Actually I thought Alan Ball would be a lot cheaper.

Of course I would like Chris Harris in Jacksonville. But I know Ball is not a scrub. and 29 is not too old to contribute, so I never really thought about wanting somebody else who needs to learn the system.

throw money at justin houston and call it a day

Quote:Crabtree
What's the fascination so many people have with Crabtree? He's basically a slower, less-explosive Blackmon.

Quote:Why Chris Harris? It would be easier to just re-sign Alan Ball, who already knows the system and played well for us.
Because Chris Harris could wipe the floor with Alan Ball. Ball's not bad, but Harris has proven himself to be one of the best young corners in the game. I'm not sure he fits the Bradley prototype, though.

Quote:Rob Housler
There's an interesting under-the-radar signing for you. If the price is right, we could do a lot worse.

Quote:I'm wondering about Julius Thomas, but I'd like to see some evidence that he's not useless as a blocker.

The one guy I really want but don't hear anybody else saying is Darrelle Revis.

And for an ideal backup qb... get Jake Locker. He'll be able to stay healthy sitting on the bench, and can excel in clutch situations when he's needed.
Thomas is, imo, a product of the system and Peyton Manning. Put him in an offense that requires the tight end to block (like ours) and he's now an underutilized pass catcher and an utterly useless run blocker. I'd pass.

Revis has still got it, but isn't he pushing 30? Lots of corners fall off fast around that age, and I'd hate for the Jaguars to be the team that gives Revis a huge contract only to see him fall apart a year in.

Locker, meh. I don't think he's an upgrade over Henne. If Sam Bradford hits free agency and doesn't get a starting offer (which is a likely scenario, imo), I'd be all over him as a backup.

Chris Harris signed a 5 year contract last month with the Broncos.   With $ 24 million guaranteed.

Antrel Rolle

Now is not the year to be frugal ppl.

I think we've fallen into that class for WAY to long.

OPEN THE CHECKBOOK

No top-tier free agent will sign with Jacksonville, as the Jags

are considered career-killers.  That's not just because of the

terrible records the past 3 years, but due to the complete

lack of respect from the football media and the history of

zero endorsements to players here.

Jags fans need to be realistic and understand that Revis or

Suh would never sign here.  Besides, we need some quality

offensive linemen and the coaches must realize denard is

way too small and fragile to run between the tackles.

Devin McCourty #1

Fix the OL, especially at RT.  Any upgrade will do...